Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog

If Only You Knew

by JesusKetchum31 1 review

Sonic reflects on his relationship with Shadow as they face each other down at Final Haunt. Shadow game spoilers. Rated for thematic darkness and self-sacrifice. Also slightly OOC unless you read t...

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama, Horror, Sci-fi - Characters: Shadow, Sonic, Other - Warnings: [!!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-04-17 - Updated: 2006-04-17 - 347 words - Complete

1Original
If only you knew.

I... I'm not surprised, but I hoped that you would notice. I hoped you would see the strange look in my eyes, hear the flatness in my voice. I hoped you would realize I was straining. I hoped you would... realize that something was wrong. I prayed with all my might that you'd come and save me... again. You always seem to save me, even if you don't mean to.

Not like you would notice. You don't remember anything. You don't remember me... you don't remember her. You don't remember the ARK, the jungle... You don't remember my fist in your face, your heel hitting my knee. You don't remember high-fiving me when we beat that monster. You don't remember my begging and pleading you to go back before it's too late... You don't remember me, or who I am; you wouldn't have anything to compare with to realize how sick I am.

I've been fighting this for days now... This feeling, rising up inside me. It's a terrible creature, a monster I never knew lay inside. And it's telling me to do things, terrible things. At first I ignored it. I thought I was just stressed out, just tired and needing a break. But then they came and it got stronger.

Then I tried to fight it, to do the opposite... but with every minute that passed and every chaos emerald you got it got stronger and stronger... now I can barely fight it anymore.

When you got so close to the end... when we got there... I snapped. I can't take it anymore. Now all I can do is keep up the pretense of doing this just because you listened to Doom. Now all I can do is hope that you'll realize what's going on. Now all I can do is hope that this time, you beat me.

Bring it on, Shadow. Please. If you don't kill me, then I will. When people try to control your mind in a place or way that makes you feel uncomfortable... that's no good.
Sign up to rate and review this story