Categories > Original > Romance > Sixteen

Popular

by gnrgirl 2 reviews

In which Christina enjoys her first day of school...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2010-01-19 - Updated: 2010-01-20 - 1542 words

1Ambiance
“Well,” I began, “I'm a girl, I'm sixteen, and I like music.” I said with a little smile. Jeremy grinned.

“Well then, that gives me a great deal of information about you. Thank you.”

I giggled. “Come on,” Jeremy said, “Tell me about yourself. Hobbies? Favorite things? I don't know, just, something!”

I sighed. “I play guitar and sing. They're my favorite hobbies. My favourite bands are My Chemical Romance, The Used, Panic! At The Disco, Nine Inch Nails and Guns N' Roses. I'm actually blonde, I just dye my hair black because I can't stand the stereotype given to blondes, my favourite colour is blue, and that's about it.”

Jeremy looked thoughtful. “Really? A guitar playing singer who is really a blonde that likes my kind of music and has a sense of humour. I like it.”

I smiled. He liked me. How cute. “Yeah. How about you, Jeremy Tyne? Tell me about yourself.”

“Alright.” Jeremy met my smile with one of his own, “I play guitar and bass. My favourite band is My Chemical Romance. I'm a blond. I don't like dying my hair. My favourite colour is green. My brother is probably one of my best friends. That's about it for me.”

“We have so much in common!” I joked, rolling my eyes. Jeremy laughed, “Well, we both like MCR and play guitar. There's a start.”

I chuckled. “So you go to O'Neil?” I asked. He nodded.

“Yup. You are too, right?” I nodded in response. Jeremy reached over to his night table and picked up a sheet, “What courses do you have?” he asked.

“Vocal and Instrumental Music, English, and Math.” I said quietly. He smiled.

“We have three classes together!” I smiled back.

“Cool. You'll show me around, right?” I asked. I was actually pretty anxious about getting lost.

“'Course!” said Jeremy. All of a sudden, his mother's voice rang out.

“Jeremy! Christina's mother says she needs to come back for dinner!”

I stood up. Jeremy followed my lead as I walked downstairs. I stopped in the door frame and turned.

“Thanks, Jeremy. See you tomorrow. Oh, and thanks for having me here, Mrs. Tyne.” I said.

“Call me Helena, sweetheart.” she said kindly.

We said our goodbyes and I crossed over to my new home, opening the annoyingly white door and walking inside. My mother, step-father and brother were in the living room, un-packing boxes.

“Hey.” I said, alerting them that I was there. My mother turned and smiled.

“Hey sweetie. Did you have a good time with Jared?” she asked.

“Jeremy, mom. And yeah, he's going to show me around school tomorrow.” I said.

“That's good,” she smiled, “I'm about to start dinner. I put the rest of your boxes in your room. You're clothes are in one of them. You can start un-packing.”

I sighed. “'Kay.”

I spent the rest of the night in my room un-packing boxes. It wasn't a pretty sight.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

“Fuck! I'm going to be late!” I thought as I ruffled around in my closet, looking for some clothes to wear for the big day. My alarm clock hadn't gone off, so I was running majorly late.

I pulled on a pair of black skinny's, a black tank top, and pulled a red t-shirt on over top. I slipped my converse on my feet and flung my backpack over my shoulder, booking it down the stairs. I ran into the living room and grabbed my hoodie, running out the door. I heard my mother shouting behind me.

“Honey, you forgot your lunch!” She screeched. I continued down the driveway.

“I don't need food!” I screamed back. I saw a familiar blond head waiting down at the bottom of the street.

“Hey!” I panted, “You didn't have to wait for me.”

Jeremy smiled. “What was I going to do, leave you here?”

I shrugged. “You could have.”

“Really?” Jeremy said, “I mean, I could have, but do you really know where the school is? You wouldn't want to end up on Townline Road screaming 'Can somebody help me find my math class?', would you?”

I stared at him. Then burst out laughing. Jeremy chuckled. The walk to my new school was a quiet one. Not much conversation.

O'Neil is a big school. Like, not as big as my school back in L.A., but you get the picture. Jeremy showed me through the double doors and into the warm and well lit office. I stepped up to the secretary's desk. A kind-looking, old woman peered up at me from behind square glasses.

“Hello there dear. What can I do for you?” she asked, her voice calm and comforting.

“Um, I'm Christina Morgan. I need my schedule and my lock. I have the money for the lock, and everything.” I handed ten dollars over the top of the counter.

“Thanks, Christina. Here's your lock and combination, and your schedule. Enjoy your first day at O'Neil, sweetheart.”

“Thanks.” I smiled and turned. Jeremy was behind me, hands shoved in his front pockets. He grabbed my schedule out of my hands.

“Well,” he began, “We have our first three classes together.” I looked over at him.

“Which are?” I asked. He glanced up.

“Math, English and Instrumental Music.” he smiled.

“'Kay.” I said. I glanced down at my lock and the paper with my combination and locker number. I handed it to him.

“Wanna help me find this?” I said. He glanced at the paper.

“Yeah, it should be just down the hall. I'll show you there and then you can come to my locker. I'll introduce you to some of my friends.”

I shoved my hands into my hoodie pocket. “'Kay.”

We walked down the hallway, turning the corner twice before we reached the hallway that my locker was located in. Number 154...

“Here you go.” Jeremy said, pointing to a standard issue blue locker in front of me, “Locker 154.”

“Thanks.” I said. I opened the locker and threw my bag inside, stopping only to grab the binder marked Math. I closed the locker and slipped the lock on.

“Where to next?” I asked Jeremy, who was glancing down at me, blue eyes questioning.

“Upstairs we go, dear Christina Morgan.” He said, gesturing with his hands towards the staircase. I blushed. 'Dear' Christina Morgan? He was totally flirting with me. And I liked it.

We made our way up the stairs and around the corner, stopping at a row of lockers. Four guys were standing by a blue locker with a red stripe down the middle. Jeremy approached them.

“Hey, guys.” He said. I followed, not wanting to be left alone.

“Jer!” They all called out in unison. As I stepped beside him, they all glanced down at me.

“Oh, Jer, who's this? Your new girlfriend?” A tall, black haired boy said, glancing over at Jeremy. I blushed madly and looked down. Jeremy chuckled.

“No, guys. This is the new girl, my new neighbour. Christina Morgan.” He said. He turned to look at me.

“Christina, this is Adam,” he pointed at the black haired boy, “Ty, Michael, and Kyle.”

“Hi.” I said shyly. The four eyed me up.

“Well, Chrissy,” Adam said, “Do you mind if I call you Chrissy?”

I shrugged. “Go for it.”

“Well,” he began again, “Like I was saying, I think we're going to all be good friends.”

I smiled. “Cool.”

“Guys, if I want to get in my locker, you have to move.” Jeremy said, reminding the boys that he was actually there. They chuckled.

“We're leaving for health anyway. See you in Gym.” Ty said, dragging the other three with him, “Bye Jer. Bye Christina!”

I waved to him and the other three. Jeremy turned to me.

“They like you. That's good.” He said with a smile, fumbling with his lock, “And Adam's right. We're all going to be good friends.”

I grinned. “Good...Jer.” He laughed.

“Alright, Chrissy.”

Jeremy was just pulling his binders out when a boy opened the locker beside him.

“Hey, Alex.” Jeremy said. The boy turned.

“Oh, Jeremy. Hey!” The Alex kid looked at me.

“Girlfriend?” he asked. I sighed exasperatedly. Why did everyone think I was his girlfriend?

Jeremy chuckled. “No. New girl.”

“Oh,” Alex said, going back to his locker. Jeremy shut his and turned to me.

“Shall we head to Math?” he asked me.

“Sure.” I shrugged. We started down the hall, but my curiosity had been peaked by all of the girlfriend comments.

“Jeremy,” I said quietly, “Can I ask you a question?”

“Shoot.”

I hesitated. “Why the hell does everyone think we're dating?”

Jeremy looked over at me, smirked, and snaked his arm around my shoulders.

“Because we look so good together, sweetheart.”

I couldn't stop blushing until we hit the Math room.
~**~
[*So here's the deal. I don't know how many of you are following my other storyThe Way She Feels but I NEED HELP. So give me you ideas as to what should happen next in that. ANYTHING IS WELCOME. But, since I love ALL of you and would never want you to go without reading something from me, this is your substitute. So send your ideas for the other story, and R&R.
Sign up to rate and review this story