Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > And If I Never See You Again?

One

by thatcrazedfan 3 reviews

Frank and Gerard are in love. They are engaged to be married, when Gerard is sent to Iraq. Gerard will only been gone for thirty days, but when he returns, will he still be the same?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-01-24 - Updated: 2010-02-18 - 841 words - Complete

0Unrated
Frank’s POV

I glanced at my clock and sighed. I knew that I should get up and make breakfast, but I didn’t want to. I just wanted to lie in bed with Gerard until he had to leave, which was something I wasn’t looking forward to. I knew that Gerard was only going to be gone for a month, but that’s probably the longest amount of time we have ever been away from each other.

I lay in bed for a few more seconds, looking at the ceiling, before I sat up. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, and glanced at Gerard, to make sure he was still sleeping. I smiled to see him sleeping. He looked so peaceful.

I slowly stood up and walked into the kitchen. I didn’t feel like actually cooking anything for breakfast, like I normally do, so I grabbed milk out of the fridge, a box of Cheerios, a bowl and, of course, a spoon. I poured the milk and Cheerios in the bowl and put them away. I had just taken my first bite, when I felt Gerard wrap his arms around my waist.

I smiled and put the bowl of cereal on the counter and turned toward Gerard. Upon seeing him, I smiled, “You look like you just rolled out of bed.”

He smirked, “So do you.”

I shook my head and lightly pressed kissed him. He smiled and picked up my bowl of cereal.

“Hey ” I playfully hit him as he took a bite.

He laughed and handed me the bowl. I gladly took it and took another bite.

He sighed as he watched me finish the cereal, “I should probably get ready to go...”

I nodded, “Probably.”

“Frankie, I am going to miss you so much.” He wrapped his arms around me again when I put the bowl in the sink.

I nodded, tears building in my eyes, “I’m going to miss you too.”

“I’ll call you as soon as I can.” he smiled, “I promise.”

“I’ll be waiting.” I smiled.
He let go of me and started walking out of the kitchen, towards the bathroom, “I’m going to take a shower first.” he smirked.

I smiled, “I’ll keep that in mind.”

He laughed and continued into the bathroom. When he was out of the room, I quickly washed the dishes and then walked back into our bedroom. I sat down on my side of the bed and glanced down at the engagement ring that Gerard had given me, only a week before we found out that he would have to go to Iraq. He said it was his promise to come back to me. I laughed at the thought.

The actual day of the wedding was exactly a week after Gerard was supposed to come home. Surprisingly, in the few short weeks that had passed since he proposed, we had almost all of the preparations done. We just had a few small things left to do, and that I could take of by myself.

I was about to get up and go into the bathroom, to make sure that he hadn’t died in the shower, when Gerard walked into the room. He had his uniform on, and his hair was still wet. Obviously he didn’t dry it very well.

He walked over to where I was sitting, sat down next to me, and grabbed my hand. He squeezed it, “I promise that I won’t let anything happen to me. I’ll come back and it will be like nothing changed.” he smiled.

I nodded, “I’m looking forward to that.”

He smirked and kissed my forehead, I bet you are.” He glanced out the window and sighed, “I should probably get going.”

I nodded, and looked out the window at the cars as they rushed passed. I was trying to not think about Gerard leaving...

He nodded and stood up. I watched as he walked out of the bedroom, and then I couldn’t see him anymore. I continued looking out the window and watched him get a taxi. I sighed as I watched him crawl into it. I knew that that was the last time I would see him for a month...

When I felt like I could stand up, I walked into the living room and sat down on the couch. I waited a few seconds, and then I picked up the phone. I dialed Mikey’s number and after two rings, he answered, “Did Gerard leave?” he asked, before I could say anything.

I nodded, “Yea, he left a little bit ago.”

“Oh... So why are you calling?”
“I wanted to know if you guys would want to come over for a little bit. You know, to keep my mind off it.”

“Yea. I’ll wake up Alicia and we’ll be there in a little bit.”

“Thanks, Mikey. I appreciate it.” I hung up and put the phone on the coffee table.
Sign up to rate and review this story