Categories > TV > Bones

The Line

by gnrgirl 1 review

"Why do you want to know now?" Booth retaliates, "I asked you before, and you didn't care, obviously, so why would you want to know now?"...A little B/B fic that I am certainly going to continue!

Category: Bones - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2010-01-31 - Updated: 2010-01-31 - 642 words

1Ambiance
"You know what I hate, Bones?"

"No. It's not possible for me to know what you are thinking."

Booth sighs, "Just guess!"

Brennan flips a page in her book and glances up into the warm brown eyes of her partner.

"I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but I'm reading. What do you hate, Booth?" Brennan drawls, looking anxious to finish her novel.

"Fine, be a party pooper." Booth huffs, crossing his arms. Brennan returns to her book, stopping only to repeat a very familiar phrase.

"I don't know what that means."

Booth sighs dramatically and throws his head back against the soft material of the waiting room couch. Brennan flips a page.

"Can you just guess what I hate?" Booth whines, poking Brennan in the arm. He sees her jaw lock, and he knows he is agitating her.

"No, Booth. No, I don't know what you hate, and quite franky, I don't care."

Booth's arm recoils. He looks at Brennan with a mock expression of hurt plastered across his face.

"Well, if that's how you want to be..." He whispers, scooting further away from Brennan, "I mean, if I was bugging you, Bones, you could have just said something."

Brennan slams the cover of her book down and turns to Booth. He looks hurt, but it is just a clever facade for the plan forming in his brain.

"Booth, just tell me what you hate, I am not going to guess." Brennan says, eyebrow raised.

"No. I don't want you to know anymore." Booth replies. He gets up and walks over to the window. He turns his back on Brennan and stares out at the scenery outside of the waiting room of Sweets' office.

"Booth, you're acting like a child now. Tell me!" Brennan argues.

"Why do you want to know now?" Booth retaliates, "I asked you before, and you didn't care, obviously, so why would you want to know now?"

Brennan sighs and turns her head to the side before looking back at Booth. She stands up and walks over to Booth.

"Because if I don't find out, you'll be irritating me further until I kill you. So tell me."

Booth turns and looks at her, moving closer until they are less than an inch apart.

"No." he whispers, giving her a look. Brennan returns it with a look of her own.

“Why?”

“Because, frankly, you don't care.”

Brennan sighs. “Booth, come on. You know I didn't mean that.”

“How do I know that for sure? This little apology could just be a clever ploy to get me to tell you what I hate!”

Brennan stares at him.

“Okay,” he says, “Maybe not that, but still! Why do you find it so important now?”

“Because!” Brennan exclaims, “You've spiked my interest now! Tell me!”

The corners of Booth's mouth twitch.

“You really want to know?”

Brennan looks directly at him. “Yes.”

Booth steps closer to her, closing the distance between them.

“I hate the line that we've drawn between us.” Booth whispers. He cups Brennan's face in his hands, and presses his lips to hers. Brennan kisses back, though surprised, and wraps her arms around his neck. The kiss is passionate, the tension between the two melting like a hot knife through butter. Booth pulls back and places his forehead against Brennan's.

“Bones...” He begins, but cannot find the words to continue. Brennan understands and grabs his hand, squeezing it.

They stand there for a moment in a comfortable silence, doing nothing but stare at each other. Their moment is is interrupted, however, by a voice.

“Uhm, Agent Booth, Doctor Brennan? Dr. Sweets will see you now.” The receptionist states awkwardly.

Booth and Brennan pull back from one another, and with a pink blush staining each of their cheeks, they push past the receptionist and into Sweets' conference room.
Sign up to rate and review this story