Categories > TV > Degrassi

It Feels Like Home To Me

by xxpanicxdiscox3 0 reviews

This was an story I made for science class. The topic was a person living in rainy weather all their life. I really liked it so I thought I'd share it with everyone!

Category: Degrassi - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Emma Nelson,J.T. Yorke,Manny Santos,Spinner Mason - Published: 2010-02-05 - Updated: 2010-02-05 - 345 words - Complete

0Unrated
Manny Santos walked into her dark room and lied down on her coral colored bed. She listened to the sweet sound of the rain falling. She had just come home from another day at the mall with her two best friends Emma and J.T. Her hair was a wet, shiny black color and her clothes her drenched in water. For another downpour had hit Oakbank, Washington. It was not a big deal though, the residents were used to this. Every day, since Manny was born, rain had been falling from the gray sky. She could still remember looking up to the sky and wondering where was the beautiful, bright yellow sun she’s always heard about. She remembers learning that the sky was blue and the sun was an immensely bright yellow. She just never witnessed it. Manny had never played soccer before or swam in a pool, but she didn’t mind. You can’t miss what you never had. Manny liked her life but the only negative side was her and her friends got bored easily. Sure, she went to the mall frequently and watched T.V. but all that got boring after a while. After Manny’s friend Spinner moved to Oakbank, Manny and Emma got to be entertained by his band. That was pretty much the only highlight of their weekends.
Boom! The sound of thunder frightened Manny. She lifted up the curtains and stared blankly into the field of silver racing clouds. The sound of water collecting in the gutters sounded loud. Manny opened up her window and what an effort that was! It hadn’t been opened in a year. Carefully, Manny removed the screen and stepped out carefully onto the wet roof. It was frigid, it was windy, it was depressing. Man didn’t mind it, she was used to it. The raindrops danced onto her cool, smooth skin. This was her home. Her sanctuary. Her life. This was her everything. She wouldn’t trade it for anything. The northern downpour. It felt like home to her.
Sign up to rate and review this story