Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

They Have Always Been Wrong

by mysilentromance 2 reviews

Ray disagrees with the saying, "The best things in life are free" when he thinks of three people in his life.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Ray Toro - Published: 2010-02-05 - Updated: 2010-02-06 - 293 words - Complete

2Insightful
They say the best things in life are free. But the best things in life need to be fought for. Sacrifices must be made, battles must be lost. The best things in life have a price.

A mother pays this price. She sacrifices her body to nourish and protect the unborn child developing inside of her. Through the pain she suffers, accepting the selfless fate that she has chosen for herself.

A mother’s sacrificing does not end when her child is born. She sacrifices her time; she sacrifices her energy. She sacrifices her heart. This is all for the child in which she loves. She pays this price to be the mother she so desperately desired to be.

A musician pays this price. He sacrifices others’ confidence in him. He faces the doubt given to him by his peers. While others believe that he is dreaming hopeless dreams, he refuses to conform. He refuses to give into their doubts. He refuses to believe what they do.

A musician sacrifices his health; he sacrifices his money. He sacrifices all other dreams to fulfill this one dream of playing music. He pays this price to be the musician he so desperately desired to be.

A writer pays this price. He sacrifices his emotions. He is forced to bring out his inner demons that he has struggled to forget in order to find inspiration. Pain is inflicted upon him as he writes his difficult past for all to read.

A writer sacrifices his thoughts; he sacrifices his words. He sacrifices his comfort in hopes of discovering happiness. He pays this price to be the writer he so desperately desired to be.

They say the best things in life are free. They have always been wrong.
Sign up to rate and review this story