Categories > Comics > X-Men > The Animal & The Hunter: Wolverine VS Predator

Wolverine vs Predator Chapter 4: The Mourning After

by warjournalist 0 reviews

Chapter Three. Both warriors make odd discoveries after their first skirmish. R for gore.

Category: X-Men - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Horror,Sci-fi - Characters: Wolverine - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-02-09 - Updated: 2010-02-09 - 558 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Four
The Morning After

Logan had barely slept. He had tossed and turned in the uncomfortable tree. He usually had no trouble sleeping, especially in the field. It was a proper bed he was nervous in. He had stayed up all night, studying the blood the monster had left after he cut it. It was bright green, and had almost no scent. It smelled almost like water; a base liquid.
He trekked through the jungle for a while until he found a stream. Even if it wasn’t clean, his immune system would kill anything undesirable. He had taken a few drinks and washed up before he noticed a small pooling of blood. Human blood. Curious, he followed it along the stream to its origin.
He followed the scent of rotting meat; a smell he was not unfamiliar with. He eventually came to a tree hanging over the river. He crashed through the underbrush, hoping to save someone if they were still alive. The humidity and moss made the tree almost impossible to climb, so he popped his claws and used them to claw his way up. He reached the top, where the branches hid the bleeding thing. He pulled back the tree branch to see something disgusting even by his standards.
The sun had just risen, revealing three people skinned, revealing just blood, bone, and muscle. After a moment of gagging, he inspected the corpses. One had it’s chest broken open, revealing lungs and a missing heart. Another had it’s muscles torn apart, as if the killer had been examining them. The final one had it’s spinal column ripped out. Along with the skull. The blood was still dripping from the throat. The other bodies’ blood had dried up on the branches.
He had never seen anything so heartless and disgustingly scientific. At least not from this side of the operation. He thought about his own skeleton, covered in adamantium. For once in a long time, he felt glad that he had it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He had taken a few trophies while on the planet. One of the better feline specimens. A hairy, squealing beast with small tusks. And the other was the skull of one of the humans it had killed. It was unimpressive, but completed the collection.
He had slept for as long as he could. He had discovered the scratch marks were made by adamantium; the same material as his spear, only much denser. This baffled him. How could these primitive beings have access to their technology? His armor and weapons were made with a less dense formula of adamantium to allow for easier movement. There was only one stronger element in all of known space; vibranium. But the element was so rare that only the greatest of his kind were given it. He would have to make due. The fact that it only scratched the spear rather than shredding it meant that the density only differed slightly.
He would hunt today, but only for his prey. Nothing else mattered. He had fulfilled his duty and retrieved his predecessor’s information. Now all that kept him from leaving was the hunt. He equipped himself with every weapon he had. It was more than an acceptable challenge. When he left his ship, the local star had just begun it’s solar cycle.
Sign up to rate and review this story