Categories > Comics > X-Men > The Animal & The Hunter: Wolverine VS Predator

Wolverine vs Predator Chapter 6: Vengeful Pursuit

by warjournalist 1 review

Their second battle sends the two creatures into the jungle.

Category: X-Men - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Horror,Sci-fi - Characters: Wolverine - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2010-02-09 - Updated: 2010-02-09 - 1058 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Six
Vengeful Pursuit

That damned creature! It had destroyed all of his weapons! Although he had to give it credit for the tree trap. He could not deny it that. He knew it was chasing him down, and didn’t think he had time to climb a tree. Those claws had cut straight through his chest plate! It clearly had more strength that he had calculated. His cannon was gone, and both of his bladed disks were ruined.
As he ran, he tried to re-activate his camouflage. The screen on his arm told him that it needed to recharge. Damn! But he still had his spear and his arm blades. He couldn’t outrun it much longer, so he quickly ran to the right behind a thick tree and stopped, hiding behind it. He heard the clumsy beast crashing through the brush after him. He heard it’s hard breathing getting closer. At that moment, he actually felt something. It was… fear. What? How could he fear such an inferior creature? All it had were claws. He could easily overpower it with his strength.
As his fear subsided he waited until the breathing came right up behind him before spreading his arm out from behind the tree, knocking the beast off it’s feet. He took advantage of its weakness by grabbing it by its arm and shoulder and tossing it into a tree. He knew it could take more, so he kicked it hard in the ribs, causing it to roll a few feet into a rock. His boot had absorbed most of the impact, but this one’s bones were much stronger than those of his previous victims.
He leaped on top of it, standing on it’s back as it roared in pain. Weakling, he thought. With unexpected effort, he lifted it above his head. This one was also heavier than the others. Such a curious being. He threw it once again into a tree. But it slowly stood back up! He had never faced a being from this planet that could take such punishment. It lurched forward and punched him in the stomach; barely effective. It tried to punch him in the face, but he grabbed it’s arm and pulled it’s head down, straight into his outgoing elbow. He twisted the arm until he heard it pop out of it’s socket, and kicked it backward into a rock. Afterward he noticed that the creature had stopped moving. He knew it wasn’t dead. He could see it’s heart rate with the scanner in his helmet. He would climb the trees. He needed to get back to his ship and heal his wounds. And hopefully he could find some better armor. He leaped off the creature into a tree, and began jumping from branch to branch back to his ship.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Logan was getting tired of being kicked around. Literally. This thing was a lot stronger than he thought it was, but the monster had only dislocated his shoulder. His bones couldn’t be broken because of his adamantium. Logan sat up against a rock as he came to. With a painful jerk, he popped his arm back into it’s socket. It hurt like hell. As far as Logan was concerned, he was in hell. He was tired, sweaty, his shoulder hurt like a bitch, his ribs practically screamed, and to top it off he didn’t have any fucking matches for a cigar.
It was time to end this. He would track this son of a bitch back to where it lived. Judging from all the bright green blood left behind, he had done a bang-up job on the thing. He had to start fighting smarter. Running head-on into battle was definitely not the way to fight this thing. But surprise and stealth were pretty difficult with his impatient nature. He had to calm down a bit. His claws had retracted when he blacked out. He held his chest to control his breathing when he realized; the bastard took his dog tag. The only thing that linked him to his past was that damn chain and now that thing had it.
He could smell the blood coming off the sucker. The scent was always stronger the fresher it was. He followed a small stream of blood up into a tree. He knew that if he was going to be able to follow it, he would have to use the trees. He leaped from one to the next, which was easy since the jungle canopy was so thick. So on he went, getting faster and faster as he got used to it. He was soon speeding across the trees, letting the scent of the strange blood guide him.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He had arrived back at the ship. He had done so quickly so he could return to the field as soon as possible. He had greatly underestimated this beast. It was far more agile than he had anticipated. He knew those claws were too powerful for any of his weapons except his spear. He did not have the resources to forge denser weaponry, so he was tearing his armory apart, trying to find something that could stop it. As far as he saw, he had nothing left. Just his blades, spear, and bomb. His active camouflage was almost recharged, but that seemingly did not help him. It must have some extra sense.
He would fight it, kill it, and take it’s frame back to the home world. He could see it now. Not only would he restore his race’s honor, but he had conquered a being unheard of by his people. He fashioned a sling for his bomb to fit on his back. He put his spear in the same sling for easy access. He placed one set of blades on each arm. He would fight it on it’s terms.
He had retrieved it’s necklace that it wore. It was a simple metal, and it had markings on it. He assumed that they were the planets language. It was dark silver, the color of his armor. It wasn’t brightly colored like the necklaces he had taken from other humans. He concluded that this necklace was something personal to it. He placed it around his neck.
Sign up to rate and review this story