Categories > Comics > X-Men > The Animal & The Hunter: Wolverine VS Predator

Wolverine vs Predator Chapter 9: New Contact

by warjournalist 0 reviews

After the battle, Wolverine learns the ways of the Predators.

Category: X-Men - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Horror,Sci-fi - Characters: Wolverine - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2010-02-09 - Updated: 2010-02-09 - 816 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Nine
New Contact

It had been only a few days. Logan had found the guy with the phone and called Colonel Nick Fury. He was the head of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Strategic Hazard Intervention Espionage Logistics Directorate. All he could say was “There’s some pretty weird shit down here, Fury. You might want to take a look.” A jet had picked him up after the whole village gave him a prayer one at a time. He had a nice long rest on the jet.
When he had awoken again, he was in Fury’s office. He had started telling this story almost an hour ago. “Well Fury there you have it. So tell me…” He lit a cigar and put it in his mouth. “Am I crazy?” Fury was a hard-ass with a sense of humor, a rare commodity in S.H.I.E.L.D. “You’re as crazy as ever Wolverine. But you’re not nuts.”
A soldier entered the room and ran up to whisper something to the Colonel. Fury’s curiosity had left his one-eyed face and had been replaced with it’s usual seriousness. “I see. It seems our visitors have arrived. Let’s go meet ‘em.” Logan put the cigar out in the ashtray as he stood up and followed the soldier out of the room, who was being led by Fury.
After walking what seemed like a mile through the ship, Logan realized something. “Outside? Wait a minute. We’re on the helicarrier!” Fury finally stopped at a door, which he opened. They all stepped out onto the deck of the ship, which was thousands of feet in the air, as high as the Empire State building. And waiting for them at the edge of the deck was a glowing white light. Logan thought of angels again.
They walked toward it as another of those monsters stepped out. Logan unsheathed his claws and prepared to lunge before Fury held him back and shook his head. The colonel whistled to the soldier who had followed them. He went back inside. “We call ‘em Predators. Aliens who hunt throughout the universe for the greatest kill. They’ve been here before. And it looks like their most recent hunt was a failure.” Nick looked impressed at Logan.
The soldier reappeared with a few others pushing what looked like a hovering bed. It was carrying the one he had killed. It was as ugly as ever even with a white sheet covering it’s wounds. Fury said “We found him down in the clearing you told us about. Seems that “bomb” was set to implode rather than explode. The ship and the device collapsed in on themselves.” Logan asked “He screwed it up?” Fury replied “No. It was intentional.” The soldiers walked it over to the light and left it. More Predators appeared out of the light and retrieved their fallen comrade and disappeared back into the light.
This Predator in front of them was a lot bigger than the one he had fought. It was wearing gold armor, and had a large red cape. It didn’t have it’s mask on, which showed off all of it’s battle scars, and tribal markings. It definitely looked older. Logan remembered the mask. He had given the spear to Fury’s people to analyze. Fury nudged Logan from behind. He said “Go say hello” as he lit his own cigar and put it between his teeth. He walked up slowly to this thing towering over him. It must have been at least 8 feet tall.
They stared at each other before he presented the mask to the Predator captain, who took it. He then remembered the necklace. He held his hand up and let it fall while holding on to one end. The Predator looked at it before taking it. After taking it, he took Logan’s hand and pressed the necklace into his palm. Logan nodded, and the Predator turned around and entered back into the light. Just then a huge ship materialized around the light of it’s door hatch, which closed, and the ship sped off.
Logan looked at the necklace. He thought about the battle and how long and hard he fought. He tied it around his neck with the dog tag and looked out into the sunset, made even more brilliant by the green jungle below. Fury came up behind him and breathed deeply. “Nice sunset. Haven’t really seen one of these in a long time.” “Yup.” Logan pulled another cigar from his pocket & lit it. “ Hey Fury, you know a guy named Dutch?” Fury looked at him quizzically before answering. “Sorry Logan. Classified.” Logan blew a plume of smoke out of the side of his mouth. “Aint it always.” The two stood there and watched the sun set over the rain forest.
Sign up to rate and review this story