Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

The hardest part of this is leaving you

by lovingMychem 2 reviews

When Franks facing Cancer, He has to know that he's leaving this world, leaving his band, leaving his lover and best friend... Who's his husband. Gerard.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-03-10 - Updated: 2010-03-11 - 2075 words - Complete

1Ambiance
He sat there looking out the big windows
Looking out to the city, Seeing all his eyes could take in.
He was silent this was him having another bad day.

"Gee?" He asked still looking out the window
"Yeah honey, what is it?"
"Can you tell me the story again?"
"What ones that?"
"The one about us taking on the world. You know the one Gee" Frank spoke in a very soft voice.
"Yeah, I know the one Frankie"

Frank turned around to look at Gerard. They looked at each other and tears spilled from their eyes.

"Im so sorry Gee" Frank wispered
"its not your fault Frank"
"It is Gee, You know it is"

Gerard looked to his lover as more tears fell from his eyes.

"How bout that story Gee?" Frank asked looking out the window again.
Gerard nodded. What more could he say?

He sat on the bed with Frank. Frank, cuddled up to Gerards side
Gerard placed a kiss on Frank head, picked up the book he was writting and looked through the pages.

"5 kids, One van sounds like a road trip right? well this is a special road trip.
Here we are in the middle of no where, Bob and Ray are in the back arguing over Batman and Spiderman
Mikeys in the front blasting Holiday by Green Day
And I've got Frankie passed out on my knees.
Hes beautiful, I've got the best fiance in the world I really do"

As Gerard continued to read Franks eyes began to get misty and hard to see out of.

"When I watch Frank on stage it hypes me up even more. I aint never seen anyone play like that before-"

"Hey Gee" Mikey wispered walking in
"Hey Mikes"
"Hi Mikey" Frank smiled sitting up to look at his brother in law.
"You look good today Frankie"
"I wish I felt good" He responded hugging Gerard tightly

"You reading again Gee?" the younger Way asked his brother
Gerard just nodded and took a deep breath.

Mikey had pain evident on his face but took a seat to hear the story that makes even the strongest of men cry

"Franks going through some problems at the moment I know he'll over come it though.
we're going to the doctors tomorrow to try get him some help."

Gerards voice began to shake and Mikey began to get tears in his eyes.

"Keep going Gee, I like this part"
"Okay baby" Gerard smiled kissing his husbands head.

"Frank went to the doctors and now I wish he didn't. Frank has AML (Acute Myeloid Leukaemia) And hes only got a m-month tops to live" Gerard choked out
Tears, one after the other ran down his face. his eyes wouldnt stop the water from flowing.

"Fuck!" Gerard cried throwing the book across the hospital room.
"Gee" Frank spoke softly and weakly.

"Gerard please dont get angry"
"Im losing you Frank. this is the end baby"

Mikey walked over to his big brother wrapping his arms around him tightly.

"Gee.. Please dont do this infront of Frank, He's leaving us. He's gotta feel even worse than we do"
"I dont want to- I cant think about living without him Mikey"
"I know Gee, Neather can I"

"Gee, I think we should go"
"No! I cant leave him Mikey"
"Gerard?" Franks voice called from the hospital bed.
just hearing it was enough to make Gerard cry all over. He couldnt. He knew he had to be strong for Frank. He also knew he didnt have long.

"What is it angel?"
"I think you should go with Mikey, Get some rest. You've been here two weeks straight"
"But I dont want to leave you"
"Gee I'll be fine, I'll still be here when you come back tomorrow"

Gerard turned to his little brother. Mikey already knew what he wanted so he left.

"I know Frank, I just.. I'd never forgive myself if anything happened to you when I wasn't here"
"Nothing will happen. Remember your story? everything turns out okay"
"Okay Frankie, I'll go but you better be here tomorrow" Gerard said with a smile.
"Promise I'll see you again"
"Good"

Gerard hugged Frank as tightly as he could without hurting him.

"You should go now" Frankie smiled.
"Yeah, I should"

Their lips touched and they both felt 15 again.

"Love you Gee Bear"

Gerard couldnt help but smile. Gee Bear's what Frank called Gerard the first time he ever said he loved him.

"Love you too Frankie" Gerard smiled kissing him again before leaving.

Frank listened to Mikey and Gerard walked down the hospital ward.

"Mr Iero-Way?"
"Yeah?" Frank said still looking at the picture of himself and Gerard. It was the first night of Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge tour.

Frank thought back to those times

Flashback:

"Fuck it Gerard! you have to stop fucking drinking and doing drugs"
"I cant!"
"Do you really wanna die Gerard?! because thats whats gonna fucking happen."
"It will not! Im not gonna fucking die! Im fine"
"You know what Gee? I always thought I'd be the first to die. But Im saying sorry now because when the Cocaine's fucked you up and your dead I wont be
at your fucking funeral. You know why Gerard?!"
"Why Frank" Gerard asked quietly

"Because I'll kill myself so maybe I can have the old Gerard back, The Gerard Way I fell in love with" Frank said with a tear falling from his eye. He walked
off the bus, leaving Gerard alone.

--

"Frank?"
"Yeah?"
"Theres some mail for you"

The nurse said dropping some paper envolopes on his bed.

Frank looked at the first one.

"Why the fuck do I want this?" He asked himself.

He tried to get his mind off the fact he was in hospital by turning the news on.

"My Chemical Romance's Frank Iero, Is still in hospital A spokes person for Frank says he's doing better than he should be" The news reporter stated.
"Frank is doing fine, He always has somebody with him, The band are most upset about the media trying to force answers out of them and from now there will
be no more interviews. Franks husband wishes everyone leave them alone to spend the rest of the time together."
Brian... Brian his manager.
*

Gerard sat in Mikeys lounge looking at the pictures on the wall.
All of the bands they toured with. Frank being his immature self.

"Mikey?"
"Yeah Gee?"
"Im gonna miss him so much when hes gone"
"I know you are dude. But you'll see him again soon"
"I know" Gerard sighed

"His funerals all planed. That was the hardest thing I think I've ever had to do"
"I know Gerard... Once Franks... When hes.. Well when hes with Grandma you can stay with me and Bert"
"Thanks Mikey, I'll like that alot"

*


"Is there anything we can do for you Frank?"
"G-Gerard"
"Sure thing love" The nurses smiled down on Frank.
*

"Hello?"
"Gerard?"
"Yes. How can I help"
"Its Franks nurse.. Its time" She said as softly as she possiably could.

Gerards face fell. Pain struck every part of his body.

"Mikey?"
"Yeah Gee?"
"We need to go to the hospital"

Mikey Way got up and ran.
Gerard Way on the other hand. He sat there, He clutched Franks favorite top to his face and inhailed.

"Gerard! we have to fucking go!" The younger Way screamed with car keys in his hand.

Gerard slowly walked to the car and sat there.

Mikey drove and the car was filled with silence.
Except for the several sniffs that came from Gerard. He tried to hold the tears back but he failed.

Hearing Gerard crying made Mikey cry. He tried to stop but couldn't
The Way brothers pulled into the hospital car park and made a bee line for the hospital.

Mikey took Gerards hand in his and walked down the hospital ward to where Frankies room is.

Gerard walked in first to find two nurses standing eather side of Frank holding his hands as Frank looked at the ceiling

Gerard was scared no doubt about that but he walked next to his husband.

'in sickness and in health, Until death shall do us part'
Gerard remembered saying to Franks face the day they tied the knot.

"Gee.. You made it"
"I wouldnt miss it for the world Baby" He spoke with tears falling from his face.
"good. Hey Gee guess what?"
"Whats that?"
"Soon Im gonna be with Freddie and Grandma"
"She's gonna look after you untill Im with you again"
"It'll be a while I hope Gee. Your still so young"
"Not that long love, just a temporary seperation"
"Yeah I know Gee"

"Babe?"
"Yeah Frankie?"
"Can you sing to me?"
"What song Frankie?"
"Im not sure"
"Okay Frankie" They shared a laugh together

"Excuse me?"
"Yeah Frank?"
"Can you please leave me and Gerard alone"
"Sure thing"

The nurse's left leaving the Married couple together.

Frank took Gerards hand.

"Im gonna miss you so badly Gee" Franks voice began sounding rough.
"Im gonna miss you badly too Frankie"

Franks hand gripped Gerards tighter than ever.

"Gee?"
"Yeah Frankie?"
"Kiss me"

Gerard did just that.

He pushed his lips against his husbands.
Frank wrapped his hands in Gerards black hair.
Franks tounge entered Gerards mouth.

These were what Gerard was gonna miss the most.
Kissing him, Holding him, Singing to him and even more, having sex with him.


Gerard pulled away missing the touch straight away.

"Gerard?"
"yes Frankie?"
"I'll always love you, And I love you more than ever right now, Youv'e stood by me and I cant thank you enough"
"Frankie, I have to thank you for taking me off the drugs and everything. I love you more than anything."
"I know, Tell the boys I'll miss them all very much and take excellent care of my guitars I know you will"

Gerard knew what was happening. These we're gonna be Frankies famous last words, so to speak.
Gees eyes spilled over with tears.

"Baby, dont cry. I'll always be with you, In your heart and all"
"I know Frankie."
"I'll be watching over you"
"I'll be looking out for you"

"Can you call Mikey in please"

and Gerard did just that.

The Way brothers held one of Franks hands as he looked around.

Franks fingers interlocked with Gerard.

"Well meet again when both our cars collide"
"yes.. We deffiantly will" Gerard smiled. Knowing he didnt want Frank to go out in a bad vibe.

Frank began to struggle for breath.
His lungs took in a deep breath and his body began to shake.

Gerard continued to hold on as tears fell from his eyes constaintly.
Mikey still holding Franks hand held Gerards free hand.

This is the kind of thing Frank loved the most.
The family enviroment.

"G-G-G-Gee" Frank struggled to say
"Yeah Baby"
"L-love you"
"I love you too" Gerard smiled leaving a kiss on Franks forehead.

Frank gasped for one last breath before he left the world.
Gerard collapsed ontop of his now passed away lover.

Mikey tried to support his older brother and take him out of the room.
Frank finialy looked like he was at peace.
The battle was over, The war has just started.

"Frank! no, no, no!!!" Gerard cried gripping onto Franks homophobia is gay top.
"Please come back!"

Mikey managed to pull Gerard out of the room.

"Come on bro, lets go home"

It took a while but things got better.
My Chemical Romance bought out a new album titled The Black Pararde.
Gerard dedicated it to Frankie.

The Black Parade meaning. The parade of dead people.
One song Gerard and Mikey found especialy hard to do was Welcome to The Black parade.
It was Frankie written all over.

Every song on that album was about or to Frank Iero-Way.

Frank had written a song while in hospital that he wanted the band to put on the next album.
it was called Cancer and everytime Gerard would sing it live he put his heart and soul into it.
He sung it because it describe Frankies last days here on this earth.

Gerard never moved on with his love life.
He was married once. To the man of his dreams. The man he loved and he knew they would be together again.
maybe not right now, but soon he and Frank will be re united.
Sign up to rate and review this story