Categories > Anime/Manga > Saiyuki

Alone

by kaeden 0 reviews

Sanzou thinks as to the reasons why he never follows through on his death threats directed towards his traveling comapnions.

Category: Saiyuki - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Cho Hakkai,Genjyo Sanzo,Koumyou Sanzo,Sha Gojyo,Son Goku - Published: 2010-03-15 - Updated: 2010-03-16 - 374 words - Complete

0Unrated
Title – Alone

Fandom – Saiyuki

Rating – G

Pairing – None

Warnings – Goku’s snoring

Summary – Sanzou spends some time thinking as to why he never follows through on his threats of death directed towards his traveling companions.

Disclaimer – I do not own Saiyuki, nor do I make any money off this piece of fiction.

It was late. The moon was high in the night sky and the promise of rain could be smelled in the cool night breeze. The trees around them clanked and leaves swirled free of their former mores. Sanzou watched the sky twirl slowly above him. The stars blinked like tiny diamonds and he tried to count them – soon he had forgotten which star or number he was on and had to forced to restart the game.

He wasn’t the least bit sleepy though he knew that he needed to sleep. Goku snored loudly and it echoed through out the glen. This didn’t bother Sanzou. He knew that he lacked patience when it came to Goku – however, there were times and things when he was all right and even this small incontinence to others wasn’t annoying. In fact, this habit of Goku’s to snore like a Typhoon was soothing and Sanzou knew that he wasn’t alone.

Embrace nothing: If you meet the Buddha kill the Buddha.

The words echoed as loudly within his head as Goku’s snoring did through the night. The last bit of advice that Komyou had given him and yet Sanzou knew that he was missing something. Surely a person couldn’t survive alone? He had tried and he had failed. In the four years before he rescued Goku from the cave like cage – he had traveled alone, ate alone, slept alone, breathed alone…lived alone.

Of course, there were times when he wanted to kill everyone around him. However, the times when he appreciated Hakkai and Gojyo’s efforts rather out numbered those when he actually wanted to kill them – along with Goku – the only reason why he even bothered to threaten death was because that was what they expected of him.



The truth of the matter was simply that he didn’t kill them because he didn’t want to be alone.

Sign up to rate and review this story