Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Quidditch Match

by rawr-ness 1 review

Frank's first Quidditch match and Nicolas Flamel

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy,Humor - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-03-20 - Updated: 2010-03-21 - 3018 words

0Unrated
As we entered November, the weather grew very cold. The mountains around the school became an icy gray color and the lake like steel. Every morning there would be a fresh blanket of snow and frost, making it look like a beautiful wonderland. Hagrid could be seen from the upstairs windows defrosting the broomsticks on the Quidditch field, bundled up in a moleskin overcoat, rabbit fur gloves, and enormous beaver skin boots.

The Quidditch season had begun. On Saturday I'd be playing my first game, after weeks of training; Gryffindor versus Slytherin. If we won we'd move up into second place in the house championship.

No one ever really seen me play. Wood thought of me as a secret weapon, wanting no one to see me play... hence secret. Though word about me playing Seeker had been getting around, didn't know how exactly. I didn't know what was worse, the fact that people were telling me I was brilliant, or people telling me they'd be running around holding a mattress under me.

I'm just glad that Ela and I were friends, without her I wouldn't have gotten any of my homework done, and helping me with the late night Quidditch practices Wood was putting me thorough. She also got me a book called, 'Quidditch Through Out the Ages' which I thought would be boring, but turned out to be a very interesting read. Ela has gotten much used to breaking a bit of the rules, especially after the troll incident.

...

Mikey, Ela, and I sat in the corner of the Gryffindor common room. It was very noisy and alive tonight, wasn't sure why. Ela was checking over our homework, she'd never let us copy.

"How are you suppose to learn?" She'd argue.

"By copying, our brains absorb what we're writing." She'd give Mikey a scold and continue checking. We always got answers right anyway, just by asking her to read it through.

I was feeling restless. I wanted my 'Quidditch Through the Ages' remembering that Snape had took it that morning.

"I'm gonna go see if I can get my book back from Snape." Ela and Mikey watched me walk off, mutter something along the lines of 'Better you than us.' Gerard tried to get me to dance with him, [was he drunk, seems like it. Do they have beer here?] but I just walked out through the port hole.

I made my way down to the staff room and knocked on the door. No answer. I knocked again. Nothing. Perhaps he left it inside? It was worth a chance. I pushed the door slightly and peered inside.

Snape and Filch were inside, alone. Snape was holding his robes so his legs were visible up to his knee. One of his legs was bloody and mangled. Filch was handing Snape a handful of bandages.

"Blasted thing," said Snape. "How are you suppose to keep your eyes on all three heads at once?"
I tried to shut the door quickly and quietly. I wasn't the luckiest boy in the world, no matter what anyone else said.

"IERO!!!"

Snape's face was twisted with rage and fury. He dropped his robes quickly hiding the scars. I gulped, paralyzed in fear.

"I - I was just wondering if I could have my book back."

"GET OUT! OUT!"

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me, not wanting him to take any points away from Gryffindor. I ran toward the portrait, falling in through the port hole on my head. I looked up and rubbed my head, seeing a smiling Mikey.

"You get the book?"

"What do you think?" Mikey nodded his head and lead me back to the corner of the common room. I began telling him and Ela all that I saw.

"You know what this means don't you," Mikey said excitedly. "He tried to get past the three-headed dog at Halloween! That's where he was going when I saw him that night - he's after what it's guarding. You know what else I think, I think he brought in the troll that night. To make a diversion!"

Ela's eyes went wide.

"No - he wouldn't. I know he's not nice but he wouldn't try to steal something Dumbledore was trying to keep safe."

"Honestly Ela, you think all teachers are saints. I'm with Frank. I wouldn't put anything past Snape. But what's he after? What's that dog guarding?"

I shrugged and decided to go to bed. My head was hurting from all the thinking of what Snape might be up to. I was tired in general, just thinking about Quidditch. I moaned as I collapsed on my bed. I heard a mumbled 'ow' and quickly got up.

Gerard was lying there, giggling his cute arse off.

"Gerard, what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see you," He giggled, several hiccups escaped his lips.

I let out a sigh. "Did you have any wine or something? You're a drunken mess."

"Can I have a kiss?" God, I couldn't resist him. He brought me too his lips, immediately pushing me under him. He moaned once when he entered his tongue into my mouth. He lifted my shirt and began rubbing my stomach over and over. I closed my eyes in enjoyment as he removed my shirt and began nibbling my neck, working his way down to my stomach. He began unbuttoning my jeans before I stopped him.

"Gee, I don't want to go through this now." He sat up and nodded.

"I just really like you," He blushed. I let out a smile before I realized the time.

"Fuck, Gerard get to bed. It's already four in the morning. How'd it get that late?"

"Time flies when you're having fun." He leaned in and nibbled on my neck again. All I did is push him away.

"Gerard, you and I know that we have a game tomorrow. It's not helping you're probably gonna be hungover." He giggled. "Get to bed, for me." He nodded and kissed my cheek goodbye. Before he left I heard him mumble, "Goodnight Frankie... I love you."

I couldn't help but smile as I slept all through the night, thinking of only me and my love.

...

I didn't feel well when I got up. I guess having less than two hours of sleep really helped. I walked to The Great Hall, dressed and ready for the day.

The room smelled of delicious fried sausages and hearing the cheerful chatter looking forward to the Quidditch match.

"You've got to eat something." Ela pushed me a muffin as I shook my head.

"I don't want anything."

"Just a bit of toast?" Gerard grabbed a piece of toast and smiled warmly at him. I kissed his cheek.

"No thanks, I'm not hungry." He shook his head and gave it to Mikey to eat. He took it happily and consumed it in one bite.

"Frank, you need your strength." Gerard stroked my back and I lay my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah," mumbled Mikey with a mouth full of food. "Seekers are always the one to get clobbered the most."

"Thanks, Mikey." I watched as he grabbed five pancakes and drowned it in syrup. How was this kid so fit?!?

~~~

By eleven o'clock the whole school seemed to be out in the stands around the Quidditch pitch. Many students held small, black binoculars in their hands. The stands may be high up, but it was still difficult to get a good view.

I watched as Ray, Bob, Mikey, Ela, Alice, and Fin all sitting in the front row. They were holding some type banner, or paper, or something but they refused to tell me what it was.

I walked over to the locker room and the whole team changed into their scarlet Quidditch robes {Slytherin would be wearing green ones). Wood cleared his throat, calling for silence.

"Okay men," Wood nearly shouted.

"And women," said the Chaser, Angelina Johnson.

"And women," Wood agreed. "This is it."

"This is the big one!" Jason stood up on the bench and punched his fist in the air.

"The one we've all been waiting for!" Gerard stood next to him, locking arms with his brother. "We know Oliver's speech by heart." Gerard whispered in my ear.

"We were on the team last year too." Jason smiled at me.

"Shut up you two!" They both sat back down immediately, large grins playing on their faces. "This is the best team Gryffindor's had in years. We're gonna win. I know it." He glared at all of us, as if to say "or else".

"Right. It's time. Good luck all of you." I followed Gerard and Jason out of the locker room. I hoped my knees wouldn't give out as I walked onto the Quidditch field hearing probably a thousand loud cheers.

Madame Hooch was refereeing. She was standing in the middle of the field waiting for the two teams, her broom in hand.

"Now, I want a nice fair game. From all of you." She said when everyone was gathered around her. I noticed she was speaking mostly to the Slytherin Captain, Marcus Flint. I think he was a sixth year, though I wasn't quite sure. He sort of looked like he had a bit of troll blood in him. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something flashing.

I turned to see 'Iero For President' on a large banner and a lion next to it hanging over the crowd. I smiled widely, I felt braver, a bit more confident.

"Mount your brooms please." I mounted my Nimbus Two Thousand.

Madame Hooch on her silver whistle and suddenly, fifteen brooms were high, high up in the air.

"And the Quaffle is taken immediately by Angelina Johnson of Gryffindor. What an excellent Chaser that girl is, and very attractive as -"

"TORO!!"

"Sorry, professor."

I looked at the stands and noticed that Ray had moved into a small booth of his own. Apparently, he was doing the commentary for the match, and was being kept in a close eye by Professor McGonagall.

"And she's really belting along up there, a neat pass to Alicia Simmons, a good find of Oliver Wood's - back to Johnson and - no, the Slytherins have taken the Quaffle, Slytherin Captain Marcus Flint gains the Quaffle and off he goes - Flint flying like an eagle up there - he's going to sc - no, the Gryffindors have taken the Quaffle - that's Chaser Katie Bell of Gryffindor there, nice five around Flint, off up the field and - OUCH! That must've hurt, hit in the back of the head by a Bludger - Quaffle taken by Slytherins - That's Adrian Pucey speeding off toward the goal posts, but he's blocked by a second Bludger - sent his way by Jason and Gerard Way, can't tell back in possession of the Quaffle, a clear field ahead and off she goes - she's really flying - dodges a speeding Bludger - the goal posts are ahead - come on, now, Angelina - Keeper Bletchley dives - misses - GRYFFINDOR SCORES!!"

Gryffindor cheers filled the cold air, boos and moans were coming from the Slytherins.

I zoomed around the field attempting to find the Snitch, this was apart of Wood's game plan.

"Keep out of the way until you find the Snitch, we don't want you hurt before you have to be," Wood had said.

When Angelina had scored I had done a bit of turns and flips, just to get a good feeling or two. I went back to searching for the Snitch, no real luck. I saw a golden flash, but it was just a reflection from Jason's watch.

A Bludger came zooming past me, Gerard following it's tail.

"All right there, Frank." He said all ready pasted me. I nodded even though I knew he was no where near me anymore.

"Slytherin is in possession," shouted Ray Toro. "Chaser Pucey ducks two Bludgers, two Ways , and Chaser Bell, and speeds toward the - wait a moment - was that the Snitch?"

A small shimmer of gold ran through the crowd as Adrian Pucey dropped the Quaffle, too busy looking over his shoulder at the flash of gold that passed just right under his right ear.

I saw it zoom by. In a great rush of excitement I dived downward after the streak of gold. Slytherin Seeker Terence Higgs had seen it, too. Neck and neck we free fell toward the Snitch - all the Chasers seemed they had forgotten what they were supposed to be doing as they hung in midair to watch.

I laughed. I was faster than Higgs - I could see the little round ball, wings fluttering, darting up ahead - I put in a bit extra speed and then - WHAM!!

A roar of rage echoed from the Gryffindors below - Marcus Flint had blocked me, and my broom was spinning off coarse. I was holding on for dear life.

"Foul!!" Many of the Gryffindors were screaming. Madame Hooch was giving an angry lecture toward Flint and then ordered a free shot at the goal post for the Gryffindors. But in all the confusion, I had lost the Snitch.

Ray seemed to have quite a difficult time choosing sides.

"So - after that obvious and disgusting bit of cheating --"

"Toro!" Professor McGonagall shouted.

"I mean, after that open and revolting foul --"

"Toro, I'm warning you!"

"All right, all right! Flint nearly kills Gryffindor Seeker, which could happen to anyone, I'm sure, so a penalty to Gryffindor, taken by Spinnet, who puts it away, no trouble, and we continue play, Gryffindor still in possession."

Another Bludger passed dangerously past the back of my head, when my broom suddenly tried to throw me off. I desperately tried to clutch on to it. I had half the mind to ask Wood to call for a time-out. I realized my broomstick was spinning dangerously out of control. I couldn't turn it, I couldn't direct it at all. Sometimes it made violent slashes that almost threw me off completely.

Ray was still commentating.

"Slytherin in possession. Flint with the Quaffle - passes Spinnet - passes Bell - hit hard in the face with a Bludger, hope he broke his nose - only joking, Professor - Slytherins score, oh no..."

The Slytherins started cheering. How did no once notice me? My broom seemed to be flying slowly upward, away from the game, giving violent jerks as it went. Suddenly my broom started spinning in circles, rolling over and over. I could hear several gasps coming from the crowd. The broom gave a violent jerk and I was dangling from the broom, holding on with both hands for dear life.

My broom kept moving side to side, as if to throw me off for what seemed like hours. Suddenly slowing down and keeping still.

I saw the Snitch hovering next to me. I looked at it and hopped on my broom immediately, heading toward it. Slytherin Seeker Higgs saw it as well, and was speeding toward it. The Snitch was zooming towards the ground, Higgs threw me worried glances as we headed closer and closer toward the ground. I extended my arm to reach for the Snitch, but fell forward onto the field.

I coughed and coughed, holding onto my stomach. I heard the crowd getting up on their feet, watching me on the ground. Everything seemed to stop. The Snitch jumped from my mouth and landed in my hands. I gasped. I caught the Golden Snitch!

"I caught the Snitch!" I shouted as loud as I could. Gryffindors cheered, Slytherin moaned and the game ended.

"He didn't catch it, he nearly swallowed it!" Flint was whining around twenty minutes after the game. It didn't make a difference. I hadn't really broken any rules and Ray was happily shouting the results into the microphone.

"Gryffindor has won by a hundred and seventy points to sixty. I didn't really pay attention though. Mikey and Ela were busy dragging me toward Hagrid's hut.

Once we were inside Hagrid had made us all nice, warm tea.

"It was Snape," Mikey explained. "Ela and I saw him. He was cursing your broom, he was muttering something. He wouldn't take his eyes off of you, that is, until Ela set him on fire." Mikey smirked and Ela looked ashamed, yet pleased.

"Rubbish, why would Snape do somethin' like that?" Hagrid interrupted.

Mikey, Ela, and I looked at each other. Mikey decided to tell him.

"He tried to get past the three-headed dog on Halloween. It bit him, we think he was trying to get whatever the dog is guarding."

"What do you know about Fluffy?" Hagrid said in a stern voice as he dropped the tea pot.

"Fluffy?!?" We all said in shook at the same time.

"Yeah - he's mine - bought him off a Greek chappie I met in the pub las' year - I leant him to Dumbledore to guard the -"

"Yes?" We all said eagerly.

"Now don't ask me anymore. That's top secret, that is."

"But Snape's trying to steal it," I explained.

"Rubbish. Snape's a Hogwarts teacher. He'd do nothing of that sort."

"So why was he trying to kill Frank! I know a jinx when I see one Hagrid. I've read all about them! You're not suppose to lose eye contact and Snape wasn't blinking." Ela cried.

"I'm telling yeh, yer wrong! I don't know why Frank's broom acted like that but Snape wouldn' try to kill an' student! Now listen to me, all of yeh - yer meddling in things that shouldn't be meddled in. It's dangerous. You forget that dog, an' you forget what it's guardin', that's between Professor Dumbledore an' Nicolas Flamel -"

"Aha!" Mikey said. "So there's some named Nicolas Flamel involved in this, is there?

"I shouldn't have said that." Hagrid mumbled.

Ela, Mikey, and I all ran back to the castle. We needed to find out who was Nicolas Flamel.
Sign up to rate and review this story