Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We're not okay, we promise.

Chapter 4

by XxSarahxX 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-03-27 - Updated: 2010-03-27 - 390 words

0Unrated
Gerard was sat at the kitchen table, tapping a spoon against his thigh rhythmically, waiting for the knock on the door which would mean Helena’s arrival. He had already tidied the whole house – his bedroom especially, because no way was he going to let Helena into a death trap like that – so now everything but his desk was clean and tidy. His desk never got tidied. Not in the past five years. Every so often he would move his things around – arrange his paints and pencils, find blank sheets of paper – but never tidied. Gerard never threw away completed, or even unfinished drawings either. Each one got its own place in his room, each one was sacred.

Mikey didn’t think he had ever seen his brother so tense over a girl before – to Gerard, a girl was a girl. Something to touch, look at, laugh at afterwards. Nothing special. But for some reason this one was special – and Mikey just couldn’t see why. There was nothing special about her. Yeah, she was pretty. Yeah, she was gothic. Yeah, she was fairly clever. But there were a million other girls out there with those qualities, and more besides. Why was she so special?

His train of thought was interrupted by a rapping of knuckles on the door, and Gerard leaping out of his seat like a jack-in-the-box. He was opening the door before the second barrage of knocking commenced, and Helena darted into the hallway, soaking wet but smiling.

“Hey” She smiled.
“Hi”
“How are you?”
“Fine thank, you?”
“Soaked” They both giggled.
“Can i get your coat?”
“You’re such a gentleman” She laughed “Sure”

Gerard took her coat. It was long, black and shiny – though that was probably because of the rain. It reminded him of her hair, weirdly enough. When he returned, she hugged him, and he immediately felt unsure as to what to do next. He settles for hugging back.

“So, where do you keep the clothes?”
“Up those stairs. Follow me”

They marched off, Helena following Gerard towards his newly tidied room. Mikey just stared after them. There was something he didn’t like about Helena – but he just couldn’t decide what it was.

Mikey watched them go up the stairs, feeling like he was in a world of his very own.
Sign up to rate and review this story