Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Black Pawn

Dogs and Bones

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Anna and Rihoko get a new dog while Tsuzuki and Hisoka find a legit reason to reopen the new cases.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Hisoka,Tsuzuki - Published: 2010-03-27 - Updated: 2010-03-28 - 1047 words - Complete

0Unrated


Chapter Five: Dogs and Bones:

Polices Notes:

April 25th, 1982, 7:00 a.m.

Unidentified found in puddle in the woods with contusions to her face, neck, arms, legs, chest, back, and abdomen. Ligature marks on the neck suggest asphyxiation. Head looks beaten in as well. She seems to have survived massive blood loss and the early morning rain storm. Not much is known about Jane Doe except she looks about thirteen with a pink coral bracelet on her left wrist.

June 2nd, 2009.

Anna came home early the next morning, lied down on the couch, and went to sleep. A couple of hours later, Rihoko came into the living room and spotted her roommate on the couch. The young mother smiled to herself and lightly tapped Anna on the arm.

“Anna,” Rihoko whispered, “Ghost-sama!” Anna awoke mumbling.

“What?” she grumbled with an annoyed tone. Rihoko stood back smiling.

“Good morning!” she chirped. Anna looked at her blinking.

“Huh?” she asked, looking around, “What time is it?”

“Close to noon,” the young mother answered.

“Huh?” Anna as she looked at the clock on the wall. 11:56 now.

“Damn,” she mumbled to herself, “I overslept!”

“Yeah, you okay?” Rihoko asked. Anna turned to Rihoko with a realization in her mind.

“I want a dog,” she said. Rihoko stared at her lost.

“Huh?” the young mother asked. Anna quickly grabbed her by the hands.

“I always wanted a dog in life,” she said, “But I never got around to getting one. So, can we please get a dog? Please, please!” Rihoko blinked oddly at her.

“Okay…” she said. Anna’s face went serene and grateful.

“Thank you,” she murmured, bowing her head.

/Where did this come from?/, Rihoko thought still confused by all of this. Never the less, the girls went to the local animal shelter. Anna wore a hat and sunglasses to hide her identity. Rihoko leaned in close to her ear.

“You know what you want?” she asked. Anna shook her head.

“Not yet,” she said. They walked into the shelter together. There weren’t many people in today. Anna waved at the lady in charge.

“Good afternoon,” she said. The woman at the desk rolled her eyes.

“Whatever,” she mumbled. Anna smiled nervously and began her search. The dogs in the dog section all seemed to cry, “Pick me! Pick me!” to the girls. They all looked so cute, but it was hard to narrow it down to one though.

Then Anna spotted him. A little lone Shiba Inu puppy sat in his cage looking straight at her. He looked about a week old and pretty healthy. “Take me with you!” he seemed to beg. The puppy had stolen her heart.

“Hey Rihoko,” Anna called. “Come and look at this little fellow!” The young mother did so. The puppy pouted at her too. Rihoko fell charmed with him.

“So cute!” she chirped.

“I know!” Anna agreed. They stared at the Shiba Inu puppy like two sugar-high fangirls.

“It’s his last day with us,” the shelter’s owner spoke up from her desk. Anna looked up at her with big eyes.

“Why? Is he getting adopted?” she asked in a child-like voice.

“No,” the owner said sounding like a demon, “He’s going into the incinerator! He’s been with us too long!” Panic spread through Anna.

“Come on!” she yelled at Rihoko in a few seconds as she was running away with her new puppy in her arms, “We have to Kobe!”

“Kobe?” Rihoko asked in confusion as she ran after her roommate.

“Kobe was a stuffed dog I used to have back in San Diego!” Anna replied quickly, “I named it after Papa’s hometown!”

“Oh,” Rihoko said. Both girls kept running until they got home.

Meanwhile, Tsuzuki and Hisoka went to the morgue. They came to the unclaimed section. They needed a warrant to exhume body number 2387. The boys walked up to the front desk.

“Can I help you?” the doctor asked them.

“We need to see the body in locker 2387,” Tsuzuki said. The doctor looked at him nervously.

“Why?” he asked.

“We are reopening the Kimoto Kirika case,” the older Shinigami replied.

“No one told me!” the doctor said, shaking his head.

“We’re keeping this private, sir,” Hisoka stepped in with.

“Do you have a warrant?” the old man asked with right hand shaking.

“Right here,” Hisoka replied. He showed the doctor the warrant. The old man read over the “official-looking” paper. He looked at them with a pale face.

“Right this way…” he mumbled. Then the doctor walked down the hall and Tsuzuki and Hisoka followed behind. They came to the cold chamber. The doctor showed the boys to section 2387. The doctor looked at them nervously. The boys looked dead serious.

“Open it,” Tsuzuki said. The doctor hesitated at first; then he unlocked the drawer and pulled it open. Kimoto Kirika might be lying before them. Hisoka pulled out the forbidden document and looked at the pictures on it.

“Show us her ankles, Doctor,” the boy ordered. The boys watched as the doctor nervously drew back the sheet from the girl’s feet. Tsuzuki and Hisoka’s eyes widened in shock. Burned into the girl’s ankles were Eda-Kimoto, bear, and a tiny flower.

“It’s her!” Tsuzuki whispered. The body before them was Kimoto Kirika. She had been a victim of her own family. Now, Ju-Cho-Oh had a legit case on their hands.

That evening, Tsuzuki told Anna everything in the new case so far. She sat back on her futon singing, “Don’t Dream it’s Over” by Crowded House is English. Tsuzuki sat down beside of her. This was going to take a while, he could tell. However, Tsuzuki noticed something new in the room. Kobe was playing with his little blanket in his bed.

“And who’s your friend?” he asked. Anna quickly came back to earth.

“Huh?” she asked as she looked at the little puppy.

“Oh,” she said with a smile on her face, “That’s Kobe. I got him from the shelter today. I woke up this morning and wanted a dog. So, Rihoko and I got him.”

“I see,” Tsuzuki said. They turned back to the little Shiba Inu puppy playing with his blanket in the corner.
Sign up to rate and review this story