Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Photograph

Ignorance

by Disenchantedxo 7 reviews

Gerard and Charlotte go for a 'walk'.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-03-28 - Updated: 2010-03-28 - 2020 words

5Ambiance
Gerard’s POV







Shit. What the hell was I thinking saying that to her? Now she’s gonna think I’m some stalker who can’t forget about the past. I heard her light footsteps trailing behind me, but I didn’t stop to wait for her. I didn’t want to face her. When she caught up with me she tried to reach for my hand, but I just walked faster.
“Gerard wait,” She said breathlessly. I didn’t listen. “Gerard, will you please just listen for a minute!” She took my hand and I stopped walking reluctantly. She turned me around to face her. I was surprised by how angry she looked, but when she stared into my eyes for a moment, the anger subsided a bit.

“Gee… I don’t want to go home and forget all about you again, but I don’t want to go home and remember you acting like this.” She looked at the ground for a minute, probably waiting for me to say something. She was right though. I didn’t want to go home and forget about her either, but I also didn’t want to go on remembering that the last time I saw her I was acting like a complete asshole.

When she looked up from the ground I saw the sadness in her eyes, that look broke my heart for the second time today. “I’m sorry.” I whispered, meaning it truthfully.
“I am married Gerard, but I…” She trailed off at the end of that sentence. A little flame of hope was burning bright inside me at that moment.
“But?” I said urging her to explain further.
“But… I’m not happily married.” She stated, emphasizing the word ‘happily’. I realised we were still holding hands, so I held hers tighter with mine.
“Why? Wha-”
“Shh…” She cut me off putting her index finger to my lips. God, I actually blushed. “I don’t want to talk about that, I have to go home and face that tonight.” She said rolling her eyes. It was obvious she didn’t want to go home. I didn’t want her to go either. Suddenly a thought sparked up in my genius mind.
“Well, you don’t have to go home…” I said, hoping she’d get the drift.
“Huh?” She looked at me questioningly.
“You don’t have to go home. You could um… maybe, come with us if you wanted?”

I watched her soft, pink lips form into the most beautiful smile. The sadness in her eyes was gone.
“You mean… I could come on tour with you guys?” She asked. I looked down on her and grinned, “Yeah.” I said simply. She looked down at the ground again and bit her lip.
“What about Emily?”

I thought about that question for a moment. I knew I was just inviting them without even discussing it with the guys. But Bob had Elsa with him and Frank had mentioned earlier that he kinda liked that Emily girl. So I decided they wouldn’t really mind.
“She can come too.” I said nodding for reassurance. Her smile widened then and she put her arms on my shoulders to hug me. This time I didn’t pull away, I hugged her back and savoured the moment.

When we broke apart I got that empty feeling inside me again. I could see that she was really excited and in total agreement with the idea. But I could also tell there was something she doubted in her mind. We began walking slowly to the bus to tell the others our plans. Brian would probably kill me, since he’s our manager and all, he’ll use that as an excuse to tell me off. I didn’t care though; I was just so fucking happy that I’d be able to see Charlotte more.

“So…What did you mean when you said you weren’t ‘happily’ married?” I said with a grin, trying to lighten the mood. I didn’t want her to think I was prying in on her life.
“Well, I was at first. Let’s just say that my husband aint the loving type. He’s kind of… rough.” She said searching her mind for the right words. I looked at her questioningly, “Rough?”

“Um… Yeah, rough. But enough about that, let’s talk about you?” Her marriage was obviously something she didn’t want to talk about, so I tried to push that subject aside.
“Well little Charlotte, what would you like to know?” I asked looking down her. She smiled slyly and linked her arm with mine. As soon as I felt the heat of her body touch with mine, I felt something familiar. Something inside my heart was stirring; I hadn’t felt that in a long time. Probably since I was last with her, three years ago. For three years I’d been longing for her, for three years I’d been longing for that feeling.





Charlotte’s POV







We’d talked all the way back to the bus. Mostly about him, I didn’t really have anything exciting to talk about in my life. When we eventually reached the doors of the bus, he opened it wide and let me in first.
“Why Mr Way, I didn’t know you could be such a gentlemen.” I teased him in a posh English accent. He rolled his eyes at me and stepped in behind me.

“Well hello you two, where the hell have you been?” Frank asked as soon as we sat next to him on the couch. The bus was rather big; I could seriously live in here if I had to. I noticed Emily was sitting across from us on the other couch. She looked a bit uncomfortable, and probably slightly embarrassed from having to tell the guys I’d abandoned her. I gave her a light smile to assure her I was okay. I knew she’d been worried about me during the concert, so she was probably hyperventilating when I’d disappeared from the autograph signing.

“We just went for a walk.” Gerard spoke grinning at me.
“Oh you went for a walk did you? Well that’s cool man, just go off on a little walk and leave the rest of us worried.” Frank snapped. I was kind of surprised by his anger; we hadn’t been away for long had we? I glanced at the clock hanging on the wall. Oh shit, time had gone by. It was almost half one in the morning. “And while you were on you little ‘walk’, I suppose you just forgot about Emily?” He asked looking at me with disappointment. I felt like I was getting a lecture from my dad.

“I’m sorry guys, I didn’t realise how fast time had gone by. I seriously didn’t mean to leave Emily at the signing I just got talking and-”
“It’s fine Char. You just got me worried; you looked sort of upset during the concert.” Emily said before I could finish. She smiled lightly then got up off the couch. “I suppose we oughtta get going Char, you know Jason’s not gonna be happy you aren’t home yet.”

Crap. I forgot all about Jason. How the hell was Gee’s little plan going to work now? Hell I hadn’t even told Jason I was going to the concert, I just sort of left. I bit my lip nervously. Emily narrowed her eyes and stared at me questioningly. Then I knew she’d sussed out why I looked nervous when her eyes widened, “You didn’t even tell him you were coming tonight, did you?” She asked blankly.

My eyes fell to the floor, and then she exploded. “Shit Charlotte you know how mad he gets when you keep secrets from him! Christ, I remember that time you never told him you were going shopping with me. When you got home I could here him screaming at you from across the street… He’ll go ballistic when you get back!” She exclaimed. I know to the others they must’ve thought se was overreacting a little, but the sad truth was that she wasn’t. Everything she’d said was the exact truth. He was gonna go ballistic. What I hated most though, was the fact that no one knew the truth. Not even Emily. No one knew that each time he got mad, for whatever reason, it was taken out on me.

I looked around at the rest of the guys and noticed they were all staring at the ground. The atmosphere on the bus was getting too awkward, so I decided to break the silence. “Well we better get going then.” I sighed heavily and started for the door. Gerard reached out and took my hand before I could open the bus door.

“I thought you said you didn’t want to go back home?” Gerard asked with pleading eyes.
“Huh?” Emily spoke in confusion. I saw everyone sit upright to listen in.
“I suggested to Charlotte earlier than you and her could come on tour with us. It would give us all time to hang out and get to know each other.” Gerard said looking at Emily. From the moment he’d mentioned we could go on tour with them her eyes had lit up. Of course she would have no objections to that idea, why would any fan turn down an offer to spend time with their favourite band?

“Oh my god… You’re asking us to come on tour with you?!” Her smile widened further, how that was possible I had no clue. She looked like the fucking Cheshire Cat. Gerard grinned at her eagerness, “Well only if you want to?” He said. She nodded quickly, unable to speak. Frank stood then, “So… We’re gonna have chicks touring with us?” He smirked.

Gerard glanced at me and winked, “I guess so.” Thank god. The ignorance had gone, he was finally himself again.
“Sweet! But eh… Have you thought about what Brian’s gonna say?” Frank asked. The room went silent again. I couldn’t help wondering who Brian was, he seemed to have an effect on each of them.

Gee shrugged, “Who gives? We’ll just tell em’ they’re friends of Elsa’s.” He said sitting back down with Frank and Emily. There wasn’t enough room on the couch for me, so I kneeled on the floor beside Gerard.

Everyone else had started a new conversation, something about old comic books. I wasn’t really paying any attention. I was mostly watching Gerard. He looked so happy here, just sitting talking with friends. It made me happy to see him like this. Every time he smiled or laughed at one of Frankie’s jokes, I smiled too. When I’d last saw him he was going through a pretty rough time. He and Mikey’s grandma Helena had passed away, and I knew how much she’d meant to them both. She taught Gerard how to sing and act, she’d basically helped him to be the person he is today.

We all stayed up chatting for a couple of hours, then since none of us weren’t really that tired, Gerard suggested watching a horror movie. Now, I had to disagree with this idea, I wasn’t a fan of horror. In fact, when it came to blood and gore I was slightly squeamish. “Oh come on Char, it’s just a movie.” Gerard teased as he slipped the disc into the DVD slot. I rolled my eyes and moved to let him return to his seat on the couch.

“I’ll watch it, but it’s your fault if I can’t sleep tonight.” I said elbowing his leg playfully. He slipped his arm around my shoulder and I stiffened slightly.
“S’okay, I’ll protect you sugar.” He whispered quietly so only I could hear.





R&R xo
Sign up to rate and review this story