Categories > Books > Harry Potter

A Day In The Life

by _bubblygirl_ 0 reviews

A competition piece for a Harry Potter themed story...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy,Humor - Published: 2010-03-30 - Updated: 2010-03-30 - 1380 words - Complete

0Cliche
Disclaimer: I am writing about fictional characters but am in no way in contact or ownership of said names, brands, songs, creators or people. The situations I write about did not and will not occur in real life. It is entirely fiction.

A/N: Competition piece for a Harry Potter themed story...

A Day In The Life

I was dreaming for sure, gliding over the thick cover of trees, towards the glistening sunset with the wind through my hair. I raced against the owls delivering messages, performing unusually dangerous tricks. Then there was a screech, I looked down. There was nothing there, how odd. Another screech, someone yelled something unintelligent. I looked back up and CRASH!
My eyes jolted open and I looked around the room, startled. I was lying spread-eagled on the floor, my legs tangled up in my blue comforter. I massaged my head, sitting up and glanced wildly at my four curious dorm mates.

"Wow, that must have been some dream," Louise chuckled.

"Yeah, biggest thrill of my life," I croaked, my voice not used to the morning air.

The girls giggled, Louise throwing my robes on my head as I scrambled on the floor, trying to stand up in the twisted covers. After several failed attempts I rose, not so gracefully and tried to change.

The bell sounded and I rushed, trying to pull my tights on which resulted in not only several bruises but I managed to cause quite a few rips throughout the legs. Not bothering to change once the evil garment was on, I pulled my blue robes over my head, twisting them around to find the arms and I pulled it down. Gathering my books, I located my bag and threw them in along with a bottle of ink and a rumpled quill. I was about to bolt down to the Great Hall for some much needed toast when a thought crossed my mind.

Shoes! Tossing my bag and cloak on my unmade bed, I threw open my trunk, pulling every piece of clothing out in search my school shoes. It was then I noticed them placed neatly next to my bed. At this point I realised I hate Mondays. Ramming my feet into my scuffed black shoes I collected my things and arrived in the Great Hall, out of breath. No one, nobody in sight and not even a spare measly sliver of toast.

Rats, I thought as the bell rang shrilly. Where's my next class. Of course it's on the fifth floor.

Collecting myself, I didn't bother running to class because what difference was a minute late compared to ten. I pondered whether or not to make a grand entrance into Artihmancy or just hang in the library until class was over. Being the typical attention seeker I am, I waltzed straight through the double doors, earning a glance from every student in my class. I walked up to the professor and leaned over her desk, preparing for the lecture.

"If you are going to be late you could at least do it quietly."

I stood in shock, considering a retort but no, it was simply too early to argue with a teacher so instead, I threw myself into a desk. My Gryffindor buddy quietly nudged me, pushing a compact mirror towards my hand. I flipped it around, gasping at my reflection. My plain brown locks were in disarray, my lips were pale and chapped and my eyes! I do not have bags; I repeat I do not have bags under my eyes!

I groaned, causing my professor to look up, giving me a disproving look. Sorry? I copied the notes off the board, causing holes and smudges to litter my parchment and began the questions. The bell rang, causing me to jump slightly and my stomach gave a loud rumble. Food!

I met my friends in the Great Hall and consumed twice the amount of food that I would normally.
"Steady on," Louisa groaned as I stole the cucumber off her plate. I laughed evilly and checked my timetable. Study break and then potions. Eugh, potions! But I had a break. I went back up to my dormitory to do a light cleaning and eventually sat on my bed, book in lap, prepared to be the studious person I once was. As I turned the pages of my Arithmancy textbook, the words in were becoming a little fuzzy. Maybe if I closed my eyes for a little.

I woke up, stretching my limbs to the fullest extent and arching my back. Satisfied that my body was in full working order I sit up, book falling out of my lap. I check my watch and gasp. I missed lunch and now potions was fifteen minutes into the lesson. Eek!

Gathering myself, I ran a hand through my hair, not caring about my appearance and flee to potions. I burst through the door, tripping over my own feet as I go and I was now staring at the indented concrete floors.

"Well, well, well..."

I glance up at my sneering professor. Snickers were coming from the Slytherin side of the room, looks of sympathy from Ravenclaws. I pushed off the cold floor and stood up, stumbling slightly as I stare my professor straight in the eye.

"Well, we..."

"You said that already," I said smartly and I received a nasty grin.

"Since you seem to be so fond of tardiness there will be no harm in keeping you back tonight for extra...tuition."

I nodded, moaning silently to myself. Detention! What's worse than a detention? A detention in potions! I took my seat, ignoring the snickering Slytherins and tried to concentrate on the lesson. To make matters worse we were revising the Polyjuice potion. Two infuriating hours later and I was back in my dormitory, happily laying back on my pillows and watching owls swoop in and out of the Owlery.

I will be on time for my next class, I told myself looking at my watch and sighing contently and I was. I walked into Divination happily, gazing at the surrounding that my professor had so cleverly devised.

"Miss, what are you doing here?" He asked, walking in.

"I'm waiting for class?" I frowned as he chuckled.

"We don't have Divination until tomorrow dear."

"WHAT!" I yelped, grabbing my bag and dashing off to my dormitory to check my timetable. I don't know why I didn't carry it around. Mental note: From now on, carry timetable and a watch. I found my class, which unfortunately happened to be Herbology, and made my way to the greenhouses.

"Hurry up Miss," My professor said kindly, "Beware, tardiness is not accepted by I will let you off today. It is, after all, a Monday for everybody."

I mentally thanked him, smiling and went to work studying the theoretical side to our lesson. Thank Gosh the practical wasn't until Thursday. I kept myself working until the bell and let out a sigh, relieved that the day was over. I found the girls in the dormitory, all studying. I fell in heap on my bed, closing my eyes but somehow I knew I wasn't getting any peace until much later.

"Don't you have detention?"

"Oh no!" Today was the worst day of my life. I straightened my robes and dejectedly walked to the dungeons where my malicious professor made me sort out dead caterpillars and clean stains desks. The actual subject was bad enough; I didn't need to clean the place where my life becomes miserable for several hours each week.

I collapsed on my bed, grimacing at Louise's sympathetic stares. I pulled off my shoes, pulling the hangings closed to change. I lit my wand, pulled open a random novel and began to read. Before I fell asleep I managed a 'Knox' because sleep overtook my body.

I was back on my broomstick, watching the shimmering light of the early morning sun awake from its sleep. I hovered, eyes closed, feeling the wind move through my hair, hearing the trees rustle. I heard a shout but I ignored it. Another shout and I felt like I was falling. I fell through the trees, hitting the ground and my eyes shot open.

"Oh, not again!"
Sign up to rate and review this story