Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Crawling Towards the Sun

Without Empathy

by adalae 1 review

Juliette finds out just who Pete really is and realizes she made a mistake

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Published: 2010-04-13 - Updated: 2010-04-13 - 1022 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twelve: Without Empathy

“How many?” Patrick asked, handing Juliette another blood bag.

“Thirty five in the main house, another twenty or so in the newborn house, plus Brendon who is watching them,” Juliette recited as if she was reading off a statistics card, “though there are often visitors, sometimes six or seven at a time.”

“Points of entrance?”

“Three to the main house, one to the newborns, easy to cover.”

The questions continued for hours – weakest vampires to strongest, how to get to William and corner him, fastest and most effective way to kill a mass of vampires, various fighting strategies, everything one could need to know. Sighing after it was done, Andy looked up from his laptop, “I think we’ve got this covered, it’s gonna take a couple of days to get the details hammered out so we should strike after we’ve had time to prepare, they won’t be expecting a thing so we can take our time with this one Pat.”

“Youre right,” Patrick said pushing himself up from the couch.

From the stair, Pete emerged from the shadows, “So now what?” he asked.

“We plan the – “ Andy started.

“No, I got that,” Pete said grimly, “About her. What do we do about her now?” He gestured to Juliette who stared blankly at the wall from an overstuffed chair.

“Well, I guess she can just do what you do until we attack,” Joe said, a bowl of macaroni in his hands, “I mean, she’s not really a threat to us, she’s an ally. There’s no reason we shouldn’t trust her. I think she’s passed the whole ‘kill them’ phase since she saw her sister.”

Pete said nothing as he walked past Juliette into the kitchen, “Running low on blood, I’ll head out to go get some more.”

“That’s good, we’re not patrolling tonight, we’re on research mode,” Patrick said. He nodded to Andy and Joe, “We’ll be spending the night in the basement hitting the books boys, gonna be a long one.” He shifted his gaze to Juliette and spoke softly, “You are free to hang out around the house, Joe’s right, you’ve earned yourself some walking room NOT in the pen. Help yourself to whatever you want, hell watch some television if that makes you feel better.” With some minor groaning from Andy and Joe, the three of the boys trumped down to the basement to research things Juliette had discussed with them.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

It felt to Juliette as if years had gone by instead of minutes since all four of the guys had left her to her own devices. She had not moved an inch, not blnked – her mind was replaying the encounter with her sister on loop over and over again. A clunking sound from the basement jolted Juliette back to the reality she faced. Effortlessly she moved from the couch and took in her surroundings. There were few decorations in the house, the furniture all obviously second hand and damaged, trash and clothes scattered throughout the house – no one certainly brought any women home to this place.

Curious of what her new allies were like she walked up to the second floor and found nothing but bare bedrooms and nothing exciting – it was almost like a boys college dorm building – only the bare essentials. That is, until she reached Pete’s room. Out of the four men, Pete was the one that truly showed Juliette any hostility. Surprisingly, he was the only one whose bedroom it looked as if someone actually lived in.

Papers were scattered everywhere, sketches, diagrams, writing, and music papers. Weapons and crosses were huddled in a corner underneath a leather jacket and Juliette wondered why he kept such deadly things so close to where he slept. Feeling queasy – her body still adjusting to its new changes – Juliette sat down on the bed. Instinctively taking a few breaks she ran her hand through her hair and when it landed back onto the comforter, she came across a leather bound journal.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

December 17, 1868, London, England

It’s been four days since the change and my mind is still reeling. I can feel my power growing and soon it will all be over. All of it. Brendon doesn’t seem to feel the same way, he loves his powers – his new strengths. William has made it clear we won’t be here for much longer – people are starting to take notice.

December 22, 1868, London, England

I almost had him. He was feeding and he was vulnerable. Brendon got in the way. I woke up alone in the house yesterday. I’ve spent the past twelve hours hunting them. I only assume I’m still in London, sleeping in an alleyway. I won’t stop until I find them and kill them with my own bare hands. No mater how many lives need to be sacrificed, no matter how long it takes – they will die.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

The entries went on for volumes. “Reformed my ass,” Juliette said as she put down one of the journals. She was disgusted at the details of all of Pete’s kills, how he felt about them. He had his friends convinced he was reformed and he wasn’t . He was a liar who had only one thing on his mind – to kill his creator.

“What are you doing?” a voice said from the doorway. Pete stood with his arms crossed, not looking very amused at finding Juliette sitting in his room, “Well?”

“Learning things,” Juliette said defiantly, “lots of things.”

“I see,” he said taking a step into the room, “Anything interesting?”

“Just that you are the only one who can decorate,” Juliette said with a fake grin. She stepped out of the room lingering for a second next to Pete before returning downstairs. She looked at the clock, it was nearly midnight and the rest of the guys were still in the basement, this was her chance to run. 'I’ve made a horrible mistake', Juliette thought to herself, 'I need to make this right.'
Sign up to rate and review this story