Categories > TV > Supernatural

Pieces

by wincest 0 reviews

He wants the pieces to fit again like they had before Sam had left for college. He can't fix it though, and the pieces have changed or he's lost them.

Category: Supernatural - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Published: 2006-04-21 - Updated: 2006-04-22 - 319 words - Complete

0Unrated
They stumbled into the hotel room, bloody and bruised. They're tired and scared and worried for their father. Not to mention worried about themselves. Meg hadn't died, and now they were on their own again with no hope for reunion in the near future. John's eyes had told them that even when he didn't say it. They were on their own, on the run, and out of ideas.

They didn't need to look for John anymore, though both of them doubted he'd pick up his cell phone when they called. It would go back to how it was before. No contact, no information, no nothing. Only text messages to new jobs and maybe one phone call every six months. They knew they wouldn't last long if that was all they got.

Sam wanted answers and Dean wanted his family back. One phone call and texts from an unknown number wasn't going to cut it.

They dress each other's wounds, careful not to cause each other anymore pain. Not that they could do much more damage right now, physical or emotional. They clean the blood off their faces, Dean careful of the butterfly bandages across Sam's cheek. He wouldn't let Sam clean his. Not out of fear that it might be more painful, but because he didn't want Sam to see how close to losing it he is.

Dean is the strong one, the one who doesn't break down. He hides his fear with snappy remarks to ease Sam's fear and worry and pain. But now... now he can't find a sarcastic smile to hide behind because he's the one who caused this. He told John that he couldn't go with them even though he wants his family together again. He wants the pieces to fit again like they had before Sam had left for college. He can't fix it though, and the pieces have changed or he's lost them.
Sign up to rate and review this story