Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Portals, Steam and Magic

Meetings

by bloodylord 11 reviews

Meetings with various people occur and plans are made and put into motion. The war approaches its true beginning as both sides commit to the fight.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Harry,Hermione - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-04-15 - Updated: 2010-04-16 - 8627 words

5Ambiance
Portals, Magic and Steam 4

By Deathblade2584, AKA Bloodylord

Disclaimer: see chapter One. Hellsing does not belong to me either but is good series.

Sorry this took so long but I had to make changes, in addition this unbeta’ed so there are most likely some mistakes.

Rating: PG 13 Teen

Title: Meetings

Home Reality

Breakwood Estate

Headmaster Ablus Dumbledore finally wakened for the deep healing sleep that Harry Potter’s savage beating had forced him into. His powerful magic had kept him alive but only just, a concussion at his age was a serious condition. He sat up and looked around trying to find Harry finding no sign of him in the room. His eyes looked at the clock in the corner of the room and saw that the time was 11 o’clock so at least a day had passed.

Dumbledore stood and walked over to his desk and found that Gellert Grindelwald wand, the wand that he had taken when he had defeated dark lord, was missing. Only Harry and he had been in this room in more then two decades. It was his father’s office, a room that he had sealed after defeating Gellert Grindelwald. He had only opened the room so that he could to talk to Harry.

He had to gather the order of the phoenix and get them to find Harry quickly before the boy got himself killed.



Break Break Break
Potter Hall. Home reality

Harry looked down the long black and red table from his seat at the head, at the nine beings that where seated to either side. To Harrys left there was Kell, the Potter family records keeper. Next to him was Edward Knives, head coachman of the Potter Family, a muggle, but Kell had warned him that he was a very dangerous man. Marcus, the Alpha of black circle pack sat next to Knives and next to him sat Bunizi. Next to Bunizi should have been Thomas Cain, the Potter family solicitor, but he and a squad of the Potter Guard were retrieving Hermoines parents. On the right side of the table were William Jennings, the man who had served as his reagent and had recently become his advisor, he was a older man who’s golden blond hair was mixed with white. Four more beings filled the right side of the table including Toil who was there as a representative of the house imps.

Harry was considering what he had been told, that before he could take any action in outside his own territory he would need to meet with the Queen to ask her permission to take act with military force. The Queens approval was important as the Duke of Griffins Hollow was not allowed to use his army in the lands of his follow magical Dukes without permission. Each Duke stood alone, and any military forced used with out the Queens permission would be seen as an act of war by his fellow dukes. The only time he could enter another Dukes lands was when the Duke had attacked him or he was actively chasing those who had attacked him or he was defending his own swore followers. The punishments by treaty and oath under the old laws would punish Harry if he acted without attempting to get permission. However, if the queen failed to give permission then harry still had the option of perusing a personal grieve with Thomas Riddle and while he could not order his guard to follow, they could still follow of there own free will. He had just been told that that was why the wild hunt existed, to attend to matters that the Duke could not and that this generation of the wild hunt was unwilling to tell there forefathers that they had failed to due there family duty.

While Harry was considering what he had been told Kell stood up and stated “I have some bad news, Voldemort has gained the assistance of the Tau clan of the vampires. In addition, there is also the Manslayer werewolf pack, whats left of it controlled by Grayback. Both groups are allied with Voldemort and therefore need to be dealt with. It is my option, my lord that negotiations are pointless; they are both groups that are enemies of your subjects. I personal have attempted to reason with the Tau over the last 350 years, they are clear and undisrupted enemies. Grayback has never been controlled and his pack is a collection of wild animals that prove the very worse stereotypes of werewolves. I believe that we should end this threat permanently, by killing all of these members of the clan and pack, like your plan to kill the death eaters. This is the old way and the way your great grandfather would have solved the problem, by remaining everyone why you do not attack the Duke of Griffin’s Hollow.”

“My lord” Knives said “I agree with Kell, look at the disaster that is the first war, by trying to capture and contain the Death Eaters. Many of those same Death Eaters are currently fighting now because no one permanently solved the problem. I do not believe that you wish your children to have to clean up the mess that you made by being too soft, I you have to do because your father failed to solve the problem. This is a war not police work.”

The others around the table also agreed, stating that dead enemies should be the order of the day, wipe out both the pack and clan; it would be for the best.

Harry slowly nodded and said “I agree I do not want to leave Voldemort or the next dark lord any followers to easily gain. Kill them all, when I speak to the Queen about Voldemort, the Death Eaters and Fudge I will also mention Voldemorts allies. Bunizi how is the investigation going?

It is going well, I have confirmed that the reports and statements and summaries were printed and that they were delivered to the bank. I however am being stoned walled by certain bank officials that are unwilling to discuss any of your accounts without your permission. I would like to ask for a document giving your permission and for Cains assistance in this manner, I think that there is something wrong her besides misfiling.

As harry listened to the rest of the conversation about how to reform the wild hunt and weather it would be better to us it opposed to the potter guard, as the Hunt was the feared stuff of nightmares in the wizarding world. Harry decided that he would reform the Wild Hunt and hunt down his enemies. He would burn any home that sheltered his enemies, he would utterly destroy their finances and their power bases. He would send members of the hunt into the crowded areas of the wizarding world and have them wait and kill the death eaters when the raided. Finally, he planned to locate death eater supporters and kill them too. He would reminded the wizarding world why the Potter family and the Griffin’s Hollow were left in peace. The Wild Hunt, a group of wizards from Griffin’s Hollow was getting ready for war. The Wild Hunt was a force that his father had refused to use. The Wild Hunt killed its enemies, it did not take prisoners. This conflicted with the ideals and morals that his father had learned from Dumbledore and he had refused to kill. Harry refused to make the same mistake; His enemies would rot in the underworld.



Break Break Break.
Steam World, Diagon Alley

Hermione Granger walked through the arched entrance to Diagon Alley. She was getting a focus from Mr. Ollivander, the finest maker of foci in the world. The shop was larger then she expected with waiting area with a table and chairs with a collection of books and periodicals. The rest of the space was closed off by a door and a counter. A young man sat behind it and asked them into a small room it had a table and three chairs.

James Ollivander walked in and asked “Miss Granger and Lady Potter, did you know that you have the same soul and magic, which is believed to be impossible. A focus is powered by the soul and that is what creates the magical signature of a focus. You may actually be able to use the same foci. Now, Miss Granger I know of only one reason that you would come to my shop, that is to have a focus or several foci made. To make them I need to take some of you blood, one pint. This will hurt.”

He then pulled out a needle and three tubes. He cleaned the underside of her arm with an alcohol pad and stuck her with then needle. He then attached the tubes and drew the blood. Then he put them into a small rack and looked at Hermione and asked. “What form do you wish your foci to take? I can make you several but the large they are the more blood will be needed.”

“I would like one ring and one broach for everyday use and I would like you to make a war glove, if you need approval speak with Lord Harold Potter.”

“I will make the ring and wait for permission before making the war glove.”

The girls left and went to Blood’s books, a vampire owned book store that provided books of all kinds. There Hermione bought three books, Focus and You: The Art of Casting and Channeling Spells, Battle Magic of the Mage, and Firepower: Two Hundred Simple Battle Spells for Killing Wanders. She believed that they would be helpful when she got home.



Break Break Break.
Home Reality
Short Term Damage Ward, Saint Mungo’s Hospital

Ginny Weasley and her family waited for the doctor to finish his tests, the brain things which had attacked Ron at the department of mysteries had done more damage then believed. His muscle control was gone, it had started in his arm and spread. Her mother had taken him to the hospital when it started but the doctors were not sure what to do. The family was worried, even Percy had come to visit and said that he would get everything that the Department of Mysteries had on the creatures. He had returned a day later with several roles of parchment and notebooks for the doctors. He had then left.

She heard the door open and saw her brothers, Bill, Charlie, and Percy arguing. She listened while looking at her parents and Ron.

“Bill, they need to know-”

“Charlie it will kill mom, Ron’s laying on what could be his death bed, to tell her that Hermione is missing and presumed dead or worse a prisoner of You-Know-Who.”

“Shut up both of you, yes it is bad news but mom will kill us and never trust us if we try to keep this from her. Besides Dumbledore will tell her soon enough at the first order meeting.” Percy said tired of his brothers’ argument.

Ginny’s mind took over a minute to realize what had been said then yelled at Percy “what happened, Hermione can’t be dead.”

Her mother and father looked at her and then at Percy. Her father asked in a quiet voice “Percy what happened, explain what you are talking about and be quick about it.”

“The DOM sent a group of unspeakables to study a blood portal and discovered a war zone. Hermione house was attacked. The unspeakables believe that two people died at the site and hundreds of cures were exchanges. At least seven people were using magic. The only trace of Hermione is her blood, on the floor, the portal was not used and tests reveal that she was the caster. This means that she was killed and dumped or taken by the Dark Lord.”

Silence hovered in the ward, suddenly broken by their mother’s cries of sorrow and rage.



Break Break Break.
Steam World, Royal Institute of Magic

Remus Lupin was a young looking man with dark hair and yellow speckled brown eyes. He was the headmaster of the Royal Institute of Magic and was very young for the post at only 53 He looked up at the younger version of Lady Potter who had just entered the room. His office was square and contained two bookshelves a large but clean desk with only a telephone and two piles of papers on it. A large and clean fireplace stood on the inside wall while the desk faced the doorway with a large window with a stunning view of the Thames river was on the left side of the room. He had read the articles in the Watchman one of the more liberal magical newspapers and knew that she was an alterative version of one of his former students Lady Potter. But, that knowledge did not lesson the surprise of how much she looked the girl that he had taught.

He stood and spoke, “Hermione Granger, a pleasure to meet you, please come in and be seated. I am Headmaster Lupin, but everyone calls me Professor Lupin. I have been asked to allow you to join the summer sessions of the Institute. To do so I must teach you some basic history and culture so that you can understand the empire enough so that you can attend a summer session at the institute. These lessons will take a few days, and are not the most exciting. I will be lecturing on various topics. I will allow you to asks questions no those topics that you do not understand and answering mine to insure that you do understand. Do you have any questions?”

“Yes, but most are related to specifics of the history and culture, but I do have a few about you. You look much younger then you did in my home reality and seem to have more energy but everyone says that you are a werewolf so how have you avoided the stress that put on your system.” Hermione asked curious and hoping this information could help he former professor if she ever got home.

“Having never met your version of me I can not say without asking a few question. Was your Lupin bitten by or born a werewolf, was he a member of a pack, did he fight the wolf and did he use any potions?”

“He was bitten by a werewolf; he was never a member of a pack to my knowledge, he did fight the wolf for control and he used wolfsbane potion as often as possible. Proffessor what is a Pack, I have never hear the term used in relation to werewolves.”

“A pack is the basis of werewolf society, the Packs are divided by rankings like a true wolf pack and lead by a strong alpha. The Packs are an important part of being a werewolf and reduce the stress of the change. In addition, it allows born werewolves to whom the wolf is always been a part of them, to train bitten werewolves. I myself was bitten and was adopted by the Black Circle Pack, I can change at will and have come to understand the wolf part of me and its instincts are mine. Wolfsbane is unknown to me but most potions only serve to put greater stress on they individuals system as they separate the wolf from the man when the individual is both. That is the secret if there is one, one must recognize the wolf is part of you and allow it to help guide your actions when you are in the form of the man, and it will allow you to guide its actions when you are in the form of a wolf. That is probably the reason that I look younger then your Mr. Lupin.”

Thank you Professor, that clears up my confusion.

“Let me start by explaining the world order. Britain and the United States along with the Russia are the leading magical nations in the world all three have large numbers of magical beings and resources. The Americans and Russians have them though their great land area. Britain has gained hers though her colonies. The key to holding our Empire together has been that the Royal Government changed its policies in the 1890s accepting a number of beings into the government and at the same time creating jobs in the colonies, thereby improving the conditions that the people their lived in. By the time of the Franco-British war of 1937 the Empire had the second highest standard of living in the world with a total population of over a billion. This population included more the 12 million magi, twelve million goblins and more then fifteen million other beings including more than a hundred thousand house elves.”

“The Franco-British war was with France, Japan, Poland, Italy or more importantly Rome, and the Socialist Union of Baltic States, all of which were fighting for land. Many wanted land from Germany, an ally of Britain, Russia or from Britain itself in the form of its colonies. After all, the sun never sets on the British Empire. The United States, Germany, and Russia joined Britain in resisting the invaders.”

“The war took seven years, as first the continental threats had to be defeated then the colonial forces and finally the Japanese. All sides used raiding parties made up of wizards and muggles but it was Baron Charles Potter who led the greatest of these forces, the Wild Hunt. They attacked many supply centers and organized resistance in occupied areas. The only group that managed to come close to having the same effect was Earl Black’s Raiders but only because he was able to continually stir up trouble in France due to their oppression of the goblins and the veela. The French attacked for two years and were bleed white. Then rebellions and twin attacks by the British and Germans, with a new weapon called tanks. They quickly crushed the French, but had to invade Italy the hard way though the mountains of the Alps. German and Russia managed to crush the Poland and Socialist Union of Baltic States between them, but it took five years to end resistance and that was achieved due to the German and British diplomats’ striking a deal with the non human elements of those land. Many of those who took up arms against the wizards and muggles of the land moved to either Britain or Germany or their colonies. Japan and the colonies managed to hold out for another two years but lack of supplies due to German and American submarines blocked shipping lanes to Japan. The invasion of Japan had been expected to kill millions but starvation allowed Admiral Yamamoto stage a coup and return power to the Emperor, who surrender.”

“The colonies are today run mostly by native members of the peerage. Some of them have become industrial power houses but few are willing to leave the protection of the British Empire. In addition, the empire provides markets and some of the best opportunities in the world. The cost of tariffs that would be levied against their goods is sufficient by itself to keep most of the colonies in the empire. British ships along with American ships dominate the oceanic trade.”

“Hermione, do you have any questions?” Remus asked having finished explaining the external relations of the British Empire.

“No professor”, she responded while, writing everything down.

“On the home front change started in the 1870s when Baron William Potter of Wales when to Victoria and asked for he help in ending the abuses of the Ministry of Magic against the goblins and other creatures, especially house elves. It took several years but the abuses end mostly due to laws that allowed magical beings to challenge wizards to trial by combat. Abuse end quickly except for the abuse of house elves that did not end until they were freed. They were not freed until the Queen signed an order freeing them in 1903. The Night of Fear marked the death of some of the richer traditional families most died in their beds as their house elves had poisoned them. Whole families died down to the babes as the head of the family decided to defy the Queen and keep their house elves. After that even many families were afraid to hire house elves as they were seen in a new light. Poorer relations took over those traditionalist families and their fortunes. These families would provide the bulk of the member of both the warder rebels, who refused to obey the Queen and Voldemort’s Death Eaters. Voldemort’s death led to the Death Eaters joining the traditionalist and continuing their rebellion.” Remus explained.

Hermione chose to interrupt him “how did Voldemort die and who killed him?”

Remus replied with a sad look on his face “Lord Harold Potter killed him and no one knows how, he refuses to tell anyone. To find out you will have to ask him.”

“The current government is spilt, the Prime Minister rules the muggle portion of the Empire, while the Royal Wizard oversees the magical portion. The queen oversees both but only has the power to remove them, she can not appoint a new Prime Minister, or a new Royal Wizard, most of the real ruling in the magical portion of empire is done by the nobles. Do you have a Prime Minister in your system?” Remus asked

“Yes, he is the leader of the ruling party an-” Hermione replied.

“Good, it appears to be the same and you do not need to have the parliamentary system explained. You are not registered to vote, so you could not vote if a general election is called. The Royal Wizard has several requirements. The post must be held by a mage. The holder can not be a member of the Council of Lords. The holder must be over 21 years of age and must be loyal the monarchy. The Council of Lords will select the Royal Wizard, the post has traditionally been held by the Potters, who are the strongest of the magical nobles, but Frank Longbottom and Phineas Black also held the post. The Royal Wizard has the duty of seeing that the Queen’s law is enforced and that the lords govern their territory in accordingly. The Royal Wizard is the enforcer of the Queen and her second weapon against the magic world. Finally, I can not true explain culture to you as I am a man and you are a woman, I have explained to Lady Potter that explaining the specific cultural values is her responsibility. Do you have any questions?

Hermione had many, it was a long afternoon.



Break Break Break
Home Reality
Royal Palace, Royal Throne room.

Duke Harry Potter entered the royal presence of Queen Elizabeth the second dressed in a beautiful suit and with Kell guarding behind his back. He bowed and accepted the offered chair, shocked that he was meeting the Queen so quickly after requesting a meeting.

“Duke Potter, your family has a reputation for not bothering the Crown unless the matter is important. We hope that you are not breaking that family tradition.”

“Your Majesty, I come to you with grave news the Thomas Riddle, also known as the Dark Lord Voldemort, and he-who-can-not-be-named has returned and again wages war on your subjects. Your magical government, lead by Cornelius Fudge has known that he has returned for over a year and has done nothing. I humbly ask your leave to take actions and kill this traitor and his followers. If you wish I will show you the memories of his resurrection and his attacks on the Department of Mysteries at the Ministry of Magic. He is gathering allies, and gained the Tau clan of the vampires and support of many dark wizards.”

“Prove your claims and we shall grant your requests. Show us these memories.”

Kell removed a projective pensive from a bag and Harry deposited the memories in the pensive. They watched in silences. The Queen then asked for proof of the misdeeds of her government and saw memories of Fudge ordering Bartemius Crouch Jr. kissed, of Umbridges actions at Hogwarts and of his trial for defending himself as well as the memories of the dementors attack.

“Your claims are proven.” She removed several scrolls and a pen, writing quickly she handed them to him after sealing them with a signet ring. “Here is a royal warrant for Riddles head and those of his followers. We shall arrange for you to meet a member of an organization that protects the realm from vampires, please coordinate your actions with them before you deal with the Tau. Fudge is a problem which we will address directly. Go with our blessing and may death come quickly to our enemies.”



Break Break Break

Harry Potter walked into the courtyard after hours of meetings with the Prime Minister, and members of the government and opposition in the know about magic. He spoke to them about the return of Voldemort and every thing that Fudge had done since Harry had rejoined the wizarding world. He would remember the look of rage on many members of Parliament faces after seeing Fudge refuse to believe him. Fudge was about to have a major headache he was required by treaty to inform the muggle government and the Queen about any threat to muggle Britain for magic and he had failed to do so.

Harry looked at the dark green and red carriage with silver trim. There was no painted code of arms to inform the public to whom the carriage belonged. The Potter family believed that if you could not tell whose carriage it was when it was pulled by eight duicorns and painted in Potter colors then they should not know, after all only Potter’s owned duricorns. Six riders, faces covered with black metal masks, armed with blade and wand also rode duricorns. They were members of the Potter Guard, the force that guarded Griffin’s Hollow and armed retainers of the Potter family. The driver was Edward Knives, head coachman and a deadly man to cross even if he was a muggle. Two additional muggles rode on the carriage, one rode shotgun and the other rode where a footman would, both carried shotguns. All three men covered their faces with black metal masks. All of the men had been recommended by Mark Smith and were there to protect him. Harry looked at Edward and said “To Diagon Alley please, Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes and please wait. After I am done, I have a meeting with a member of the round table at the Royal Museum of Art later. Kell, please check out the meeting site I have a bad feeling about this.”

He then boarded the carriage while Kell vanished into the shadows. The riders formed up four leading, with two trailing and with a flash the group appeared in Diagon Alley. Younger wizards and witches running as they appeared, while order wizards and witches smiled memories of better times flashing before their eyes, they remembered the time when Duke Potter fought the goblins and destroyed their armies. More importantly for those families that knew their duty to the Lord of the alleys and ways this was conformation that he was back and that the time for action was coming, his speech in Bunizi’s office confirmed that the Lord was going to war, it was time to prepare.

The carriage pulled up the brightest shop in the alley and a well dressed wizard got out followed by a pair of older wizards in battle robes, robes designed for fighting and protection. All three entered into the shop. Many in the crowd had no idea who the carriage belonged to but the older members of the crowd smiled as the Duke was back and the Potter family spilled blood to secure its power and little things like wars did not bother them. Many remembered when Abraxas Malfoy had challenged then Duke Charles Potter to a duel and lead him into a trap for Voldemort. Abraxas and more then a fifteen other had not survived and his son had taken over the family soon after, there was a black spot where the dual was fought where nothing would grow. Unfortunately Duke Charles Potter had not survived and his son was ill prepared to fight a war.



Break Break Break
Steam World Potter Minor

Hermione looked at Lady Iris in shock, they were going flying, and she hated flying. She looked at the small plane that she was being guided to. It had a rear mounted steam power engine with a seven foot propeller. It had a high wing, made of metal, and a solid looking cockpit. She climbed into the plane. She was glad that she was finally free of the dress; female flying clothes were pants boots and a heavy jacket.

Lady Potter joined her and started the engine, the next thing she knew they were one thousand feet above the city of London and climbing. She looked out at the city, smoke stacks were every where, standing three and four hundred feet into the sky. The docks on the river were filled with steam ships, the river crowded with even more ships. A grayish smoke filled the air for the large number of stacks. She was shocked to see a number of defensive gun locations surrounding London. More surprising was the sight of giant airships pushing themselves through the sky. Small planes and men with some from of winged thrust packs as well as magic carpets and brooms darted around the airships, like fish around a whale. Radio towers sat on high buildings and roof gardens were common. This was nowhere near as bad as flying a broom. She looked down at the street that they were flying over and saw very few of the cars that would have crowded the street back home; there were several trucks, a few cars and four of the steam trikes that she had seen earlier. It was clear that fewer people used motor vehicles as a common means of travel. They flew over a rail yard and she saw a number of trains, each with a bright paintjob and name. Trucks waited to take on cargos and people board other trains or steam buses.

Lady Iris smile as Hermione Granger relaxed and enjoyed the flight, part one of her plan had worked. Now for part two.

“Hermione you have been working yourself too hard, you need to relax and have fun. I know that you find research and studying fun but that’s not all there is to life. All work and no play make Hermoine a dull girl and most likely a lonely one at that.”

“But there is so much to learn.” Miss Granger replied, thinking of all the research she was missing.

“Yes there is, but life is more then learning. For example there is love. Tell me dear who have you dated back home.”

“The only date I have been on was at the Tri Wizard Tournament, I went to the Yule Ball with Viktor Krum.”

“You need to get out more you are taking like way to seriously. You need to relax. You will be going to the party on Friday and on Friday you will not research anything. You will relax. Besides it will give you good experience for when you get home and speaking of home and dating, its time to gossip. So tell me who do you want to date back home?”

Break Break Break.

Home Reality Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes

Opening the door to the shop Harry Potter paused and waited as a flash of white light appeared and then continued in with William Bluum, and Paul Younger his bodyguards following.

A young mother who had been leaving the shop looked at his face and saw the famous scar.

“You’re Harry Potter.”

“Yes, I am. I am Duke Harold Potter of Griffin’s Hollow. I need to speak to you Fred if you have a minute” Harry said to the red headed twin behind the register as he took in the reaction of the people in the shop.

An old man smiled and turned to his grandchildren, speaking in a low tone which was meant to carry. “The Potters are Duke, the great lords, the sleeping powers of the wizarding world. Duke Potter has used his title, which means he has accepted his family’s legacy of blood and violence as well and money and power that comes with the power. True lords understand that responsibility comes with powers.”

“Truer words have never been spoken. Did you know my father or grandfather, sir?”

“Yes, I knew your grandfather, a brave man, we fought the goblins together in the last goblin war, I am Alexander Topman, floo me when you have time to hear an old man’s stories.”

“Harry, come in to the back room and bring your friends.” Fred said it would not do to tell Harry this news in public.

Fred had Harry walk into the back room and met him there. “Ok, what do you need to speak to me about and why haven’t you visited Ron.”

“What’s wrong with Ron? No one has told me anything.”

“He’s in the hospital, those things that attacked him Department of Mysteries did something to him he has relapsed and the healers are looking for a cure but it is not good.”

“Shit, I need to have him moved the hospital is not safe; Voldemort is going to go after him. I also need to get Neville’s parents moved as well.”

“I need to ask you for your help. I am going to take the war to Voldemort. This is a royal warrant for Voldemort and his death eaters. It gives me the authority to kill them. I am allowed to do anything that I need to end this threat. I have a meeting people who may help I want to offer you a chance to avenge the deaths of your uncles and to avenge as well Ron.”

“I am in. I will talk to my bothers, Bill and George for sure, Charlie maybe, he is a little weird.”

There was a pop and George appeared in the room, Harry stolen wand along with the wands of his body guards were lined up on him, cures on their lips. Fred waved them off saying that only the two of them could apparate through their wards.

“Fred, Harry, whoever you are, I have bad news Hermione Granger is dead or a prisoner. Percy just told mom.”

“The Headmaster believes that she is dead, I am glad to hear that Percy has made up with the family. I am going to kill Voldemort for that reason, and I do not trust Dumbledore,
Because he assigned Dung to guard her and he let her die.” Harry said.

“I hope that I can count on your support in this matter. I intent to kill Voldemort and all of his followers, Fred can give you the details.” Harry said.

“There is no need Harry we are with you.” the twins said at the same time.

By the way do you need additional personal, I have several people in Griffin Hollow who are looking for work.” Harry said.

“Yes, we do need help, after four weeks we have sold off most of the stock we have made and can barely keep up with the demand and it’s still growing.” Fred replied.

“Can one of you come with me, I wish to see that your bother is moved to Griffins Hollow Consolation Hospital, they have much better security then St. Mungo’s hospital, we will take my carriage as it will be faster and easier then most wizarding transportation.” Harry said. Are your parents still at the hospital or have they gone home.

They are still most likely there, let’s go and find out, George you stay, and mind the shop. Fred said as he grabbed his cloak and turned to follow Harry out the door.



Break Break Break
Steam World Potter Minor

“Hello Miss Granger I understand that you have some questions for me? I am Toil the head Potter house imp.” The house imp had green skin, long black hair and purple eyes that seemed to glow with power. He was dressed in a smaller version of the Potter Livery that she had seen retainers of the Potter family wearing.

“Yes, I do. First how did you learn to speak so well? How can you be free and still be a Potter’s imp? How are you treated? How—“

“Miss Granger, breath. I can not answer your questions if you do not stop speaking. I was taught the Queen’s English. It is the only way I know how to speak. The Potter family refused to have servants that they could not understand. I am a Potter house imp as Potters hold my oath of loyalty, an oath given to prevent the betrayal of secrets that servants may over hear. I am a Potter retainer, and a dangerous one, my magic is that of an imp, which is what the house elves where before they were bound and enslaved by wizards and called house elves. Both creatures prefer order and to be helpful, however imps will fight and kill. House elves can as well but it harder for them, as their magic has been corrupted to limit their there offensive abilities. This was proven during the Night of Fear.”

“What is the Night of fear?” Hermoine asked expecting the event was important and knowing that she had been told about it before but unable to remember the specifics.

“The Night of Fear happened when abused elves knowing that other wizards could not attack them for killing their masters. They planned their attack and killed the families that had enslaved and abused them and destroyed their homes. Most were taken in by families like the Potters, Cooks and Longbotttoms. The Potters help us start several businesses as they do not need that many retainers to care for their homes. I am treated as like any other retainer, with respect and kindness. Both imps and house elves live with wizards because we have only active magic, we must actively control ever spell we perform, we can not create artifacts that use magic and can not create wards. In short we need the protection that early wizard wards provided. The difference between the two is one of race, the house elves have only recently began to lose the mental programming beaten into them by the wizards that enslaved them. An abuse that was allowed by some lords for more then a thousand years by some of the lords, others had different opinions and forbid the practice under pain of death. Do you have any more questions young mistress?”



Break Break Break
Home, Reality Royal Museum of Art

Harry Potter walked into the hall where his meeting with Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing of the Royal Protestant Knights was to take place. He was surprised to see that she was already there speaking with a man, another waited like and assistant or bodyguard. Harry moved to the other side of the hall to look at the faces of the two men, he was surprised to see Enrico Maxwell, head of the Catholic Churches section XIII, an organization that the Potter family hated with good reason. He was quite happy when Sir Integra drew her pistol on Maxwell. He decided that it was time to help Sir Integra Maxwell was a common enemy.

He walk over and stated, “Maxwell, you and your section XIII dogs know the penalty for walking on English soil is death, the Potter family has not forgiven your church its offences against our people. I will give you twenty four hours to gather your people and get out of England, if you do not the I will see you and every dog of the Catholic Church burned at the stake, it is a fitting death for your kind”

Before Integra or Maxwell could respond Integra radio reported an attack on the Hellsing team by Alexander Anderson, one of section XIII killers. Alcurad left to deal with the attack. Looking at the smile on Maxwell’s face Harry decided to send Anderson a surprise, speaking softly him as he looked at the shadow.

“Kell, why don’t you and a few of your friends join Alcurad, please explain to Father Anderson why catholic trash should stay out of England.” Kell’s laughter filled the hall as he faded into the shadows, going to play with the feared catholic hunter.

“Maxwell, you must be stupid if you think that you can attack agents of the Queen and survive. You have twelve hours to get out of Britain and five minutes to get out of the range of my guard, Go!”

Maxwell looked at the boy facing him and saw the code of arms of the Potter family and decided to retreat. The Potter family was known for their hatred of the Catholic Church; in addition, they were known to have killed many members of section XIII and a number of priests over the years. Finally, they were witches, condemned to hell already, fit only to burn, but very hard to kill.

"I will go, but this is not over boy, you have made yourself an enemy today. Before I go however I want to your name so that I may have it printed correctly on your execution order.” Maxwell said, glowering at the young man who had dared prevent him from completing God’s holy work.

“I am Duke Harold Jamison Potter, Duke of Griffins Hollow, now run dog of the church and pray that you never see me again for it will be the last thing that you do before the final judgment.” Harry responded having seen the both memories of the actions of the the man before him gathered by survivors of his attacks and those of the Catholic and early Christian church. Burning children for being witches and torturing men to confess, along with rape and murder of women, who of course were witches for making men rape them. Plus, the actions of the early Christian leaders who killed all of those who dared to disagree with their interpretation of the words of Christ. Those memories along with many others had changed him having shown him what Riddle and others like him were capable if no one stood up to them. He watched as Maxwell and his aid left the hall.

“Sir Hellsing, it is an honor to meet you, we have much in common as we both have been condemned by faith to shoulder great responsibilities at a young age. I have to tell you that I do not have good news for you. The Tau vampire clan, which does not normally venture into the normal world, has sided with the wizarding world’s current Dark Lord, Voldemort in a rebellion against the Queen. The Queen has stated that it your responsibility and that of the round table to handle such vampiric threats and believed that you should know.”

“This is not good, the Hellsing organization has recently been attacked by a pair of FREAK Vampires and an army of ghouls, our numbers have been greatly reduced, plus we have an unseen enemy, which has targeted us. Hellsing will do the mission and has never failed but this is yet another demand on our strength.” Integra said, though she was not happy about these facts.

“Then perhaps you should seek aid. I intend to deal with the Tau and there allies out of my own forces but a longer meeting is in order to work out exactly how we shall meet this threat. I will be having a small dinner party, I believe that you should attend, it will allow us to speak in a less public setting and---.” Harry was saying as both Alucard and Kell returned.

Alucard spoke first offering his report “It was Anderson, Master, he attack and killed most of the team. Seras was too weak from her failure to drink her blood to effetely fight him off. He managed to escape.”

Kell spoke next “He is a regenerator, milord, he lost both arms and has several painful cuts on his legs, in addition, he has been poisoned by my blades but he will most likely survive. I left the others to hurry him on his way; the poison will not kill him but will cause great pain. I can always kill him later if you wish him dead now but from the way you gave the order I believe you wanted him in pain, as an example to Maxwell why he should not return.”

“Kell, the catholic dog will wait, see to it that Maxwell leaves England in twenty four hours and kill him painfully if he does not. He ordered the death of seven werewolves from Griffins Hollow for being different, but I do not have the time to see his death on the table right now, and I want to kill him in the painful manner that he deserves.”

“After that is done I want you to find the enemies of the Tau, tell them there is a price on the heads of the Tau, a bounty of ten thousand gallons for Tau clan vampires, and also inform the goblins, they may be willing to help as well. Also remind Bunizi of dinner party on Saturday. ” Harry said, and looked at Integra.

“I shall see to it that you and your retainers are invited to break bread with us. Good day Sir Hellsing.” Harry said as he walked out past the three guards who had been covering Maxwell and Sir hellsing for the entire meeting.

Break Break Break


Order Meeting, Hogwarts, Home Reality

The Headmaster looked around the room and saw the number of stunned faces, Moody was laughing shocked that a school boy had taken down the great wizard Dumbledore as was Tonks. Lupins looked worried and sad at the same time, most likely worried about Harry and sadden by the loose of a favorite student. The rest of the order just looked surprised, with only the Wealseys parents and youngers missing it was a large group that looked back at the head master.

Snape was the first to speak, “We should see the boy in a day, and after all, the spoiled brat will return when he gets hungry, he has no one to make him dinner or lunch.”

Moody laughed, “I don’t think so, the boy has been abused and starved before, I filed complaints against his aunt and uncle, but they seemed to have disappeared, the police have never have acted or investigated. I will call in a missing person’s report; it may be the best way for us to find him after all.”

“Abuse, are you sure, my old friend I refuse to believe that such good charitable people would abuse the nephew that they had taken in.” Dumbledore said in stock, incapable of believing that rational adults would hurt or starve a child.

“Yes, he was abused, and while I will find out why the police never acted.” Moody said making it clear he was not happy with the failure of the police to act to protect a child.

“Bill, can you see if he has accessed his bank accounts or left the goblins a way to contact him?”

“No, I can not, that would be providing information on a client and the Gringotts magical protections would kill me before they would allow me to give away that information. The protections are based on an older Potter knowledge wards and quite deadly with multiple levels of responses.” Bill said with a scowl on his face, which seemed to say that his respect for the Headmaster was falling.

After several other attempts to find a way to get information on Harry’s location and a plan to stake out the alley Dung Fletcher spoke “Well I don’t know if its any help but many people I spoke to said that they saw a green carriage in the alley pulled by a team of two horned horses, there were also out riders mounted on the same animals. The carriage when the Wealsey boys shops. This is the first time most of the people I spoke to had seen it. However, the older members of crowd seemed to know to whom it belonged to but would not say whose it is not even for money, which is very weird. They seemed to believe that if you did not know then they could not tell you. The shop owners in Knockturn Alley either afraid or happy they know something that the rest do not. Both say that the Duke has finally returned but I can not think of who they are talking about. I will ask around in the other alleys and ways but I doubt I will find anything.


Break Break Break
Home Reality Council of Lords Chamber (location Unknown)

They gathered upon hearing the news, that Duke Potter had brought the Wild Hunt to Diagon Alley. The 77 lords of the wizarding world sat and spoke of what they all knew was coming, each making the choice to retake power from the people as they had proved unable to handle it. The ministry was a grand experiment started by their forefathers, a test to see if the common people were capable of self government. In the time the ministry had rule, it had started twenty-two wars in less the two hundred years and allows nine Dark Lords to rise to the level where the nobles had called them out and killed them.

This dark Lord would not go as quietly, it was time to remind the wizarding world who held the real power. Each Lord would call forward his or her guard. In addition, many knew the large families that lived in the groves and glens that were forgotten. Men and women who lived in those glens and groves would follow their Lords into battle for the price of a fitted wand and a new set of cloths and shoes. The time of war had come and as the Wild Hunt would say “Open the Gates of Hell”. They would be ready when the Queen gave them their orders. More importantly, it was time to retake power for themselves, as a brave young Marquess, Neville Longbottom, Marquess of Longbottom Valley, proposed that they the Council of Lords invoke provision 13 of the Ministry charter. The council did not reach a decision, as would not vote that this meeting to allow all of its members time to think before they voted on what could be their most important vote of their lives.





Authors note, duricorns are described many ways and I started with a physical description from the science fiction and added to it, I did not use fantastic beasts. In addition, I am not staying all that close to canon in this story so if there is an error beyond names and dates they are most likely are intentional. Finally, this story will continue to be posted on ficwad under the name bloodylord. Thank and read and review.
Sign up to rate and review this story