Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Black Pawn

Desire with Death

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Tsuzuki and Hotaru meet Thanatos and Eros for the first time. Thanatos tells the intentions of her and her partner for staring at Tsuzuki and Hotaru just minutes before.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2010-04-25 - Updated: 2010-04-26 - 851 words - Complete

0Unrated


Chapter Twelve: Desire with Death:

She smiled when Tsuzuki and Hotaru made it to them.

“Hello,” she said in fake sweetness as she bowed at them. Tsuzuki and Hotaru looked her up and down. This girl looked like a skinny little thing with her ponytails hanging behind her ears. Her puffed up chest through her tight black t-shirt told the world she was definitely female. Her black tight jeans did the same with her hips as the black and silver belt held them in place. The grey sandals and black nails completed her Gothic look. The boy behind her looked nicer with his short, messy white hair. His soft grey eyes contrasted against her tough blood red wine ones. In his simple jeans and grey t-shirt, he looked more genteel than his partner. Tsuzuki looked at them sharply.

“Who are you and what do you want?” he asked in a matching tone. She stepped in front of the boy.

“I am Thanatos and this is my partner, Eros,” this girl introduced herself as she pointed to herself and at the boy behind her. He didn’t speak; instead he gave the Shinigami and demon a polite bow.

“He doesn’t talk much, but he’s good,” she brushed off, “We are soul bounty hunters.” Tsuzuki and Hotaru blinked at her.

“Huh?” they asked. A sweat drop formed on Thanatos’ head.

“Why do I always have to explain myself, Eros?” she asked the boy. He only shrugged and shook his head.

“Anyway,” she went on with a sigh, “We are bounty hunters for souls.”

“Okay,” Tsuzuki replied slowly, “But I’m a Shinigami and she’s a demon. Why are you following us?” Thanatos grinned at them.

“Good question!” she boomed. The hunter trained her eyes dead on Tsuzuki. She looked around a bit and leaned in close.

“You’re going to lead me right to the Kimoto girl,” Thanatos whispered loudly. Tsuzuki’s eyes widened in alarm.

“You mean… Anna?” he force out. Thanatos backed up with hands on her hips.

“Why yes,” she said, “I have been stalking her for years. She has always eluded death. In fact, I would’ve had her last month after she was murdered. Her soul would have made the payday of my life, but no! You just had to come along and resurrect that Kimoto girl. Now, you have put me through more work! Thank you very much!” The hunter shook her short ponytails again.

“But not to worry,” she perked up, “It just makes it worth the hunt. Now be a good boy and hand over the Kimoto girl and we’ll be on our way.” Tsuzuki toughened up.

“What if I say no?” he challenged. Thanatos’ grin widened.

“Then, we’ll just have to take her from you!” she said boldly. The Shinigami bounty hunter turned to Eros.

“Come Eros, we have spoken too much. Let’s have a drink!” she announced. Thanatos turned to walk away, but then looked at Tsuzuki and Hotaru.

“We will meet again,” she warned, “Next time, I won’t be so nice.” She walked away into the crowd laughing her head off. Eros turned to the duo and bowed his head as to apologize before following after his partner. Tsuzuki and Hotaru looked in confusion and slight worry. The Shinigami turned to the demon.

“What should we do?” he whispered. Hotaru gave him a little smile.

“Leave it to us!” she chirped, “Emiko-sama, Kazue, Mike, and I will deal with those two! You and the boys just deal with Anna’s family.” Tsuzuki looked at her in suspicion.

“Why would I let you do that?” he asked.

“Cause,” she said, “We all have the same interests in the Eda-Kimoto case and Anna herself. And besides,” Hotaru slung her long black ponytails around a bit before talking.

“We want to see how this whole show all turns out!” she said in a serious tone. Tsuzuki gave her a blank stare and blinked at her confused. Hotaru stepped back, smiling.

“Now,” she said, “We’ve got to go. Emiko-sama’s wondering where I am now and you still have work to do.”

“Huh?” Tsuzuki asked. The Shinigami looked at the clock and panic hit him in the face.

“Oh no!” he yelped, “It’s past one now!”

“You better hurry,” the loli demon said. She began to walk away but paused.

“Oh Tsuzuki,” she spoke up. The Shinigami looked up.

“Hm?” he asked. Hotaru turned to him smiling.

“I haven’t forgotten the question!” she said out loud. Tsuzuki’s face went pale. /We’re back to that again?/, he thought. This time however, Hotaru stuck out her tongue at him.

“Don’t worry,” she said, “We will continue this conversation later. Until then, think about your answer carefully. Bye-bye!” Hotaru herself disappeared into the crowd. Tsuzuki looked at her blinking.

/What was that all about?/, he thought. The Shinigami remembered that he had work to do.

Oh crap!/, Tsuzuki thought, /I’m going to be late! He hurried back to Meifu to try and prevent that consequence.
Sign up to rate and review this story