Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > And If I Never See You Again?

Fifteen

by thatcrazedfan 0 reviews

I love comments. They let me know you like what I write. :) And I'm sorry that it takes me forever to post. I've been really busy with school.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2010-04-28 - Updated: 2010-04-28 - 601 words - Complete

0Unrated
Frank’s POV

I waited until Gerard had completely left the room before speaking to the doctor again, “Um... Can I ask you something?”

He nodded, sitting down in a chair beside me.

“Well... Gerard has had brain cancer before. Thankfully we caught it pretty earlier and he’s been cancer free for a while now, but lately, he’s been acting like he used to... I was wondering if it could possibly be the cancer coming back again...”

The doctor sighed, “That is a very good possibility, but it’s hard to know for sure without having the proper tests.”

I nodded, “I know... and I don’t think Gerard would let me get him tested. He would think it would worry me to much...” I sighed, “It’s harder not knowing, than it is knowing, though...”

The doctor nodded, “I can talk to him about it, if you want.”

I nodded, “That would be great. Thank you so much.”

He nodded and at that moment Gerard walked back into the room. He smiled and handed me the glass of water I had asked for. I took a drink and placed the glass on the table that I was sitting next to.

The doctor stood up and cleared his throat, “Gerard? Can we talk out in the hall?”
Gerard had a confused look on his face, but he nodded. I watched them walk out of the room. I was just glad that there was a possibility of Gerard getting tested for brain cancer, and then if he didn’t have it I wouldn’t have to worry about it anymore...

---

I sat in the waiting room smiling. Gerard had decided to take the tests. I was awaiting the news. It had been a long time since they had went in to get the X-rays... I was starting to get worried, but I was still glad that I would at least know.

I was putting away one of the magazines that I had been reading when the doctor walked out of the room, he was frowning; not a good sign...

I stood up and met him halfway, “What’s wrong?”

He shook his head, “Looks like you were right... He does have the cancer again.”

My mouth fell open... I couldn’t believe it... I felt like I was going to fall, so I sat down in one of the closer chairs.

The doctor sat next to me and sighed, “I looked at his previous records, and compared to last time, this cancer is much more aggressive. We also didn’t have he opportunity to catch it as earlier... It has spread so much, that there is only really one surgery we can do, and it’s still a trial...”

I shook my head, “Have the trials been successful at all?”

He nodded, “Three times. But there is still a sixty percent chance that it will fail.”

I shook my head, “I don’t care. He needs to have the surgery.”

The doctor sighed, “The soonest we can get you in is next week. Wednesday to be exact. Gerard would have to stay here until then.”

I nodded, “Whatever you need. How long will he have to stay after the surgery?”

“About a week, possibly longer. It all depends on how the surgery goes.”

I nodded. I didn’t care that we were supposed to be getting married on Wednesday next week, all I cared about was the fact that we could still save Gerard. I just hoped that he could fight until next Wednesday. Five days... that was all.
Sign up to rate and review this story