Categories > Anime/Manga > Saiyuki

Cury for Two

by kaeden 0 reviews

Hakkai thinks and Gojyo pries.

Category: Saiyuki - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Humor - Characters: Cho Hakkai,Sha Gojyo - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2010-05-03 - Updated: 2010-05-03 - 871 words - Complete

0Unrated
Curry for two

Gojyo/Hakkai

Right after Gojyo rescues Hakkai and Sanzou takes the Karma.

Rating – pg

Summary – Hakkai thinks and Gojyo pries.

Disclaimer – I don’t own shit. lol

A month had passed, Hakkai realized as he stopped to look at the pile of apples stacked on the fruit stand before him. His mind had been thinking of other things, however – it all came to a jerking halt as the thought – unbidden – crossed his mind.

It had been a month since Gojyo had put him back together. Four weeks since Sanzou gave him a new name and new hope on life. He hadn’t thought of….her…all this time. It was too early in the situation to not feel guilt over that. It was as if he had to dwell on the fact that he had failed her every second of the day in order to feel as if he were keeping her memory alive.

It was annoying. He loved her, of course he did. But…he didn’t want to think of her in those last minutes. He didn’t want flash backs of blood – her blood – staining the floor as she died. She was pregnant with a bastard child and that was probably what made her do it. Leave him. She left him!

He didn’t actually fail her at all. He knew this and yet…it still tore at him. That is, until there was that hand on his shoulder. That odd accent and the smell of high-light; Gojyo stood right by his side, hand on his hip a question on his lips. “So, what’re we havin’ for dinner?”

He smiled; “You sound like Goku,” he joked.

“Now, now, I don’t know why you’re insulting me. Do I look like a pre-mature adolescent monkey to you?” Gojyo chuckled. Hakkai shook his head and turned away from the fruit vendor. He didn’t need apples today.

“Let’s go back and I’ll start dinner,” Hakkai said. Gojyo nodded and took the bags from Hakkai. The Newly-Made Youkai gave his new friend a blank stare at that.

“What?” Gojyo smirked, “I can’t let you carry these heavy bags all the way home,” it was a barb at Hakkai’s “play house” complex. Embarrassed, Hakkai raised a hand to scratch the back of his neck.

“What can I say? I was trained well,”

“You were, now, are we gonna go make dinner or what? It’s just you an’ me tonight,” Gojyo winked. Hakkai nodded and they continued on down the dirt road to the small flat Gojyo rented from a nice old lady who – on this night – gave them an apple pie because her nephew hadn’t visited like he promise. Once sequestered in the flat, Gojyo and Hakkai set about cooking. Gojyo was given the job of cutting various vegetables and other things to go into the curry.

“I don’t know why she does it, he’s been dead for a year now,” Gojyo muttered.

“Who now?” Hakkai asked, he hadn’t been paying much attention.

“Helga Mathers son died a year ago, every once in a while she forgets and bakes a pie, then she waits for him to show up and have it with her. When he never arrives, she gives it to us,” Gojyo explained.

“Oh, that’s horrible,” Hakkai said suddenly, “She must get jarred all the time with odd thought about her son being alive and then being dead,”

“Yeah, she said it was like the tide, one moment he’s there…and I’m just reiterating what you just said…” Gojyo shrugged.

“Still…she’s a brave woman,” Hakkai returned to the curry.

“So are you,” Gojyo said, “though, you are lacking some curves and melons…”

“Har. Har. Har…keep laughing and I’m taking the bed tonight,” Hakkai half-mocked-half-threatened.

“As long as I get a piece of the mattress, I don’t care,” Gojyo replied.

“Huh?” Hakkai blinked at the red-haired demon who was pouring cut up carrots and celery into the curry pot.

“What? Is it wrong?”

“Wrong? No…I guess not…” Hakkai muttered.

“I’ve heard in other countries that it’s outlawed,”

“As if anyone can stop two people from having sex,” Hakkai snorted.

“So you were thinking of it?” Gojyo snickered.

“Shut up!” Hakkai felt his cheeks go red. Gojyo just knew things, randomly. It was annoying when it came to personal thoughts, such as….thinking about having sex with said red-haired perceptive man.

“So you won’t?” Gojyo asked.

“I don’t know…I mean…” and he trailed off, embarrassed.

“It’s okay, I get it,” Gojyo stepped back.

“I’m not rejecting you…”

“I get it, Hakkai, it’s too early and I’m pushing…”

“Only just slightly,” Hakkai nodded.

“It’s fine, lets just eat and relax, you can have the bed tonight, I’m gonna take the couch, kay?”

“I was only joking!”

“I won’t be there with you, silly,” Gojyo laughed to cover his own uncertainty.

Hakkai nodded; “Okay,”

It was enough.

END

A/N – For Usa-Chan because I promised her 58. Which isn’t my favorite pairing, but I can write it, apparently. lol
Sign up to rate and review this story