Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > My Own Sins

Chapter 35

by areyounormal 2 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Published: 2010-05-07 - Updated: 2010-05-07 - 1412 words - Complete

2Original
“What's going on?”

Andy turned his head to see Pete approaching Patrick's room. Andy nodded to his side and waited for Pete to join him on the floor. As they both leaned against he wall, Pete prompted his friend once more.

“Well?”

“They're in there, Sandman and Benzedrine.”

“Together? Arguing? In there?”

Pete didn't know who to be more angry with - the brothers or Andy for allowing it to happen. With a stony expression and dark glowering eyes, he moved to push himself up again. Andy moved quickly, grabbing his upper arm and pulling him back down again.

“No, they're not arguing,” he told him quickly. “Do you think I'd be sitting here letting them fight while Patrick was trying to recover?”

Pete shrugged and offered a guilty look.

“It crossed my mind,” he admitted.

Andy heaved a deep sigh. “You're not the only one who cares about Trick, you know.”

“Sorry,” he murmured contritely. “Well, what are they doing then?”

“I don't know, do I? I haven't heard a sound from them since Sandman shouted asking Benzedrine to stay in the room.”

“So he did shout?”

“Just once and it was a while ago. Since then, nothing.”

“They've killed each other,” Pete mused.

“Pete, I doubt it.”

“Well, maybe it's just one of them. Benzedrine's in there now dissolving pieces of Sandman in large jars.”

Andy smiled broadly. He wasn't entirely sure whether or not Pete was serious, but the idea was ludicrous enough to make him laugh.

“Dude, I'm serious! Or Sandman's killed Benzedrine and has replaced him with Patrick!”

Andy gave a mock gasp and placed a hand over his mouth.

“You're right and it'd work too! Right up until the moment he woke up and told us he was Patrick,” Andy chuckled at the expression on Pete's face that had become something of a sulky pout. “Hey!” he added tapping Pete on the leg as the door began to open.

Both men pushed themselves to their feet and watched attentively hoping to find out what had happened. Their hearts sank when Benzedrine exited first, his eyes red and puffy. Neither knew what to make of it. Andy was certain they hadn't argued but something had clearly upset him.

“What's wrong?” Pete asked hurriedly. “Is it Patrick? Is he okay?”

“He's fine,” Sandman emerged with an equally harrowed expression.

“Then what's wrong?” Andy asked puzzled by the sight of the two men.

Benzedrine broke into a broad grin, almost a laugh, but with tears rolling down his cheeks.

“Nothing, absolutely nothing!”

Sandman placed his hands on Benzedrine's shoulders, his eyes glistening too. “We sorted things out.”

“Well, it's about time too!” Pete grinned at the pair.

“That's what he said,” Sandman jerked a thumb behind him.

Pete's brow furrowed at the words, wondering if it was worth saying anything about the strangely familiar words.

“Pete? Is that you?”

“Patrick?” Pete cried almost forgetting the two brothers.

Andy glanced at the pair as Pete squeezed past, eager to see his friend.

“I'm happy for you.”

Benzedrine smiled. “He's okay now, you'll all be okay to go home, if you want?”

“But… I'll have to make it so you won't remember any of this,” Mr Sandman added.

“We won't remember you?” Andy asked, his voice tinged with sadness.

“No,” Sandman shook his head. “Trust me, it's for the best.”

“When do we have to go?” Andy asked reluctantly.

“Can't we let them remember, Marcus? They did help us. We wouldn't have got things sorted if it wasn't for them,” Benzedrine pleaded.

“Silas,” Sandman sighed. “You know the rules, I can't! They're from Normal World! I have to.”

“I guess so… but it just seems so harsh,” Benzedrine replied with a sigh.

“If it's any consolation, we'll remember them.”

“I'll go and wake, Joe,” Andy frowned, strangely sad to be leaving.

*

“Trick, are you okay?” Pete asked hurriedly as he entered the room and headed straight for the bed where Patrick was already sitting up.

“I'm fine,” Patrick nodded enthusiastically. “Whatever they did, it worked.”

“Are you rested?” Pete continued. “Do you want to go home?”

Patrick laughed.

“One at a time! Yes, I'm rested, thank you, but I dreamt about what it would be like to live here, you know.”

“You want to go home, though, don't you?” Pete asked with a worried frown.

“Yes, I want to go home,” Patrick replied in a sincere tone.

The door opened once more and both Patrick and Pete expected to see Joe and Andy, but instead, the brothers, The Guv'nor and Eleanor entered the room. Immediately, Eleanor rushed forward and threw her arms around Pete.

“Thank you!” she cried as she hugged him. “Oh! And you!” she stared tearfully at Patrick before releasing Pete to gather the singer in her arms. “Thank you so much!”

“Mother!” Sandman complained in an embarrassed tone.

“You've had your moment, let me have mine!” she scolded leaving Sandman merely to give a defeated shrug in reply.

“Thank you,” The Guv'nor nodded, as Andy and Joe returned to the room. “All of you.”

“Where's Mr Crab?” Patrick asked as Eleanor pulled Joe into a heartfelt embrace of thanks before moving on to Andy.

“He's gone to the Dream World to help Donnie, apparently he's not entirely comfortable with the job,” The Guv'nor replied. “There have also been a number of bad falls lately and we've had to admit a couple of people.”

Sandman frowned guiltily. “Everyone wondering why he wasn't there to catch them? His reputation will be shot.”

“I kinda helped out there,” Andy smiled. “That's why I've been so long, just been pretending to be Donnie and that I'd been admitted with a mystery bug.”

“This looking like you guys has proved very useful,” Pete smiled, “But you could tell the difference,” he added looking at The Guv'nor and Eleanor, now back at his side.

“Of course,” The Guv'nor nodded. “Who wouldn't recognise their own sons?”

The Guv'nor paused briefly.

“Now, before everything gets back to normal here, I expect you'll want to go home?”

“One thing first,” Patrick replied as he swung his legs off the bed.

“And that is?” The Guv'nor asked with curiosity.

“Give Sandman and Benzedrine their powers in each other's districts.”

The Guv'nor laughed lightly and nodded. “I already did.”

Benzedrine and Sandman turned disbelieving expressions toward their father before Benzedrine prodded his brother eagerly.

“Go on, try!” he encouraged.

Sandman raised his hand and within a moment, Benzedrine was wearing an outfit that matched Sandman's own.

“Marcus!” Benzedrine complained flapping his hands at his side in his distress.

“I'm sorry! I'm sorry!” Sandman grinned mischievously, before returning Benzedrine's usual attire.

“Thank you,” Benzedrine pouted, before receiving a brief hug.

“Don't worry,” Sandman shrugged. “Next time you visit me, you'll be able to get your own back.”

“No more rivalry!” The Guv'nor demanded.

“No,” Sandman agreed with a smile aimed at Benzedrine.

“No,” Benzedrine replied with a matching smile.

Rising from the bed, Patrick moved forward towards the small family group.

“I think it's time for us to go home.”

Another round of hugs and good wishes followed before finally the four were ready to return home.

“Okay, I'm going to return you all to Pete's living room. When you get there, you'll wake up and think you just all fell asleep. You won't remember us at all,” Sandman explained, the last few words sounding regretful as he spoke them.

“Marcus,” Benzedrine leaned forward and whispered something in Sandman's ear that raised a smile to his lips.

“Are you ready?”

Nods and words of agreement signalled their readiness to leave, but their faces told of their sadness that they wouldn't remember having been there. Sandman raised his hand once more.

*

“Pete?” Patrick queried, the first to wake. “Have you put the heating up too high again?” he added as everyone else opened their eyes.

“I… I don't think so,” Pete replied, confused as to what had happened and why he couldn't remember why they were all in his home. Hadn't he been in bed before?

“I just had a crazy dream!” Joe announced. “We were all in another world with the characters from our America's Suitehearts video.”

“Marcus Sandman,” replied Pete frowning.

“And his brother, Silas Benzedrine,” added Patrick equally confused.

“You dreamt that too?” Andy questioned, leaning forward in his chair.

All four exchanged puzzled glances before Pete voiced the question they all wondered.

“Was that real?”


THE END
Sign up to rate and review this story