Categories > Anime/Manga > Peacemaker Kurogane > Battle with the Colossus

Monument

by haitoku 0 reviews

Sakamoto Ryouma knew what Ichimura Tatsunosuke was thinking.

Category: Peacemaker Kurogane - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Ichimura Tatsunosuke, Sakamoto Ryoma - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-04-23 - Updated: 2006-04-23 - 239 words

0Unrated
theme #04: our distance and that person

Sakamoto Ryouma knew what Ichimura Tatsunosuke was thinking. He never gave voice to these thoughts, but Ryouma could see them as clear as day, every single time that their eyes met.

'I remind you of my father, and that's the only reason that you keep coming back to me. You think I'm the ghost of an old comrade-in-arms, and I know it.'

This was, like most of the assumptions that Tatsunosuke had made during the course of his life, very incorrect.

Sakamoto Ryouma was perfectly aware that the Peacemaker was long dead and gone, rotting underground in the boondocks, and while it wasn't fine, it was acceptable. The only real similarity between the two men was their uncanny resemblance to one another. Otherwise, there was nothing.

Ichimura Tatsunosuke was an incorrigible mother hen who didn't particularly approve of violence. He was tidy and clean. He was polite, humble, and made a very conscious effort to keep from drawing attention to himself, which was admirable, considering the fact that he had Tetsunosuke as a younger brother.

Overall, he was a bit of a prude. And as much as he sorely needed support for his cause, Ryouma didn't want to change him.

So, over time, between kisses in the alleyways of Gion and plunging into the river to escape captivity, Sakamoto Ryouma worked on chipping away at the wall of accusation that stood between them.
Sign up to rate and review this story