Categories > TV > NCIS > Just Another Day

Chapter 10

by jessie179 0 reviews

Category: NCIS - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2010-05-21 - Updated: 2010-05-21 - 1391 words

0Unrated
"Well, this is incredibly boring." Vala grumbled as she shifted positions against the front of the building."How long are we going to have to stand here?" She fiddled with her ID badge. "Doesn't this thing give us access to this lovely drab looking building?"

"We're here on official business, Vala." Daniel snapped tired of her complaining. "There are rules that have to be followed. One of those rules is that we wait for an escort so our motives don't appear hostile. If we waltz in and start ordering them around, the Agents are going to raise their guards and possibly make things difficult for us. We don't want that, do we?"

"He's right." McGee spoke before Vala could say something snarky which would cause an argument to blossom. "I used to work here, remember? I've seen Gibbs make things difficult for a lot /of people, granted some deserved the hassle but some got it because he just didn't like them or was in a bad mood. We want to be in and out of here as quickly as possible and with /everything we came for."

Cameron said nothing appearing to be ignoring the three of them. "You ever been here before, Teal'c?"He asked the only silent member of his team, keeping his voice low so they wouldn't be overheard.

"I have no, Colonel Mitchell." Teal'c answered, his gaze never wavering from the front doors. He reached up and pulled his hat, bearing the Air Force name, down just a bit to make sure his forehead was covered. If he was honest with himself, he'd admit that he had forgotten to retrieve a proper head covering before leaving Odyssey. He would have beamed to the surface without one if Major Mason hasn't handed him his own hat just before they left the ship. He made a mental note to grant the young mans request for combat training as a thank you. "Timothy McGee, I believe your friend approaches."He inclined his head towards the doors and women exiting.

McGee promptly fell silent and turned towards the doors just as they were flung open by an overly excited Goth. Out of the entire NCIS team, as sad as it was, Abby was the one he missed the most."Abs!" He exclaimed with a happy smile.

"McGee!" Abby threw herself at her former boyfriend turned friend and wrapped him in a giant Abby-eque hug. "I missed you, Timmy-boy." She mumbled into his neck since her face was buried there.

Vala smirked, pushed off the brick wall, and sauntered up to Cameron. "You owe me twenty dollars, flyboy." She said in a stage whisper so the others heard her.

Daniel rolled her eyes. "Firstly, you should know better than to bet with her, Mitchell, and secondly, what did you bet on this time?"

"Yes, Cameron, what did you bet on this time?" McGee questioned over the top of Abby's head.

Abby opened her eyes, just realizing that Tim wasn't alone, and unwrapped her legs from around his waist; she had been very happy to see him. Her feet landed on the concrete with a loud thud; she was wearing her favorite pair of black knee high combat boots. "Bet?" She whispered to her friend who wasn't looking at her but rather an attractive woman and a dashingly handsome man. "Friends of yours, McGee?" She questioned trying to recapture his attention.

"He bet McGee's friend would be a blonde. /I/, on the other hand, bet she'd be dark haired. Tim does have particularly good taste, unlike the lot of you." Vala gave Tim a coy look followed by a wink.

"Why do I gotta pay you anything? I'm still waiting for you to pay me from our last bet. Actually, both of you still owe me." Cameron looked from Vala to Tim then back to Vala. After making his point, he focused on Tim. "Don't be rude, Tim, introduce the pretty lady." His accent seemed to grow more pronounced.

McGee cleared his throat. "Right, sorry. Abby these are my teammates, Colonel Cameron Mitchell, Vala Mal Doran, Murray, and my brother, Doctor Daniel Jackson." He introduced them one by one."Guys, this is the famous Abby Sciuto, best Forensic Specialist on the East Coast, maybe even the country."

Teal'c bowed his head to her. "It is an honor to finally meet you, Abby Sciuto. Timothy McGee has spoken, often, and highly of you."

"Whoa!" Abby blinked in surprise. "Your parents must have feed you /a lot /of Wheaties, huh?" He was huge! "It's nice to meet you as well eh....Murray. If I had know the Air Force grew them like that, I'd have gone to work for them in a heart beat."

"Murray isn't with the Air Force, Miss Sciuto, he's actually a civilian consultant like myself, Vala, and Tim. Mitchell's the only one actually an Air Force officer, well besides Sam, but she's away on another posting at the moment." Daniel explained.

Abby took a moment to look Daniel up and down. So this was Tim's brother? He was a hottie, she had to give him that. And by the way he spoke, he really was well educated. That just served to confirm what the file had said about him. "It's nice to meet you all." She gave them a smile. "Shall we proceed into the belly of the beast?" She spun on her heels and headed towards the doors.

Vala's smile faded, slightly. "Beast?!" She hissed out of the corner of her mouth. "You said nothing about slaying a beast! It had better not be another dragon because the last time we faced one, it tried to barbecue us! So not my idea of fun!" She ranted to the person beside her, which happened to be Tim."If this outfit gets ruined, I'm holding you personally responsible!"

Daniel elbowed Vala so she'd stop blabbing classified material to anybody listening with more than half an ear. "Tim has spoke of you often." He said as he caught up with Abby inside the doors. "He won't admit it but I think he misses you.." He said with a small smile as his teammates joined them inside.

Abby automatically liked Daniel, he reminded her a lot of Tim. "We all miss him, Doctor Jackson." She motioned towards the metal detector. "It's standard procedure." She apologized.

Joe the Security Guard waved Abby around and was about to do the same to Agent McGee except he was already emptying his pockets like the others. After all was said and done all that lay in the basket was a pair of dog tags, five classy looking watches, and three little yellow balls that he knew to be paintball pellets. He then motioned them through.

SG-1 in its newest arrangement stepped through the metal detector one by one. And one by one all five of them set it off.

About to open her mouth and comment on how odd that was to Tim, Abby stopped when he, too, set it off. She watched as Joe ran the wand over each of them after receiving their word that they didn't have anything made of metal still on them; no jewelry, hidden piercings, etc. She watched as the wand beeped at different locations around their backs, shoulders, and necks. Upon closer inspection she realized that they weren't surprised by the guards findings even thought they were trying to act oblivious as to why the wand was beeping. After the guard patted them down, cleared them, and handed back their items, she lead them to the elevator. Once they were in the confines of the elevator, she chose to speak. "I'm sorry about your Dad, McGee, I wish you have told me." She couldn't help feeling hurt that he didn't tell her. They were friends, weren't they? Six months ago she would have had no problem in saying yes, but now she wasn't so sure.

"I wanted to but I was so angry that the Director dismissed me that I knew I couldn't be civil to anyone here. I'm just sorry you guys couldn't solve it." McGee sounded anything but sorry. He gave her asmall smile and sucked in a breath when the elevator stopped and the doors opened to reveal NCIS'squad room and three not very happy looking former teammates. "Crap."

Sign up to rate and review this story