Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > In The Centre Of A Restaurant

Chapter 9- Settling in, Misunderstandings and one HUGE surprise...

by TheGiinger 6 reviews

SURPRISE!!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-05-26 - Updated: 2010-05-26 - 1629 words

2Exciting
A/N- Aww shit! Has it really been that long? Sorry guys!! We have a bunch of reasons we're not going to bore you with; just know that this was a really hard chapter to write. We know where we're going with this now- enjoy!

Chapter 9

Amy POV

Life on the road was hard at first, but as we settled into a new routine, it got easier. Living next to the same people day in, and day out, is hard. Frank, Mikey, Gerard, Ray and Bob already had their routine sorted, and had done for years- then we came along. Not only are we two extra people to get used to- we're bloody females! But they have been so gracious- they just accepted us straight away, and we just slotted into place. It's like we were always meant to tour with each other.

The first show they all played was amazing. Rae nearly passed out beforehand- she was so nervous and scared she was going to mess up; but she didn't. Just like everyone knew she wouldn't. She had played perfectly during the intense rehearsals- not screwing up once; she knew all their songs and played them often enough, so there was never really any worry for anyone other than her.

They walked on stage- as always- and Gerard made Rae go up to the front and say 'Hi'. He announced her and then they moved straight into the first song- The End.
They all really got into it; and then Frankie jumped on Gerard during Welcome to the Black Parade. After their little scrap, Frankie retreated back to by the drums- next to Mikey. Now Mikey (from experience) moved away instantly. Frank was in 'that mood' again and he wanted nothing to do with it. I actually watched Frankie's eyes roam the stage, looking for his next victim. Then his eyes landed on Rae. I could almost hear him thinking 'Fresh Meat'. I started to laugh when he strolled over to her. She hadn't noticed him yet, she was too into her playing. Then he jumped on
her. At this point I was nearly on the floor laughing, from my post in the left-hand wing. The look on her face was priceless. Then her expression changed to pissed off. O-oh... Frankie's in trooouuble!
(A/N- Just say that really slowly :D) Then she stood up (complete with Frankie on her back) and walked over to Gerard in the middle of the stage; and dumped him at Gerard's feet. Gerard then placed his foot on Frank's chest, pinning him to the floor. Throughout the whole of this, Frank still played. His talented guitar-playing skills shone even when he was being carried and dumped on the floor. His cute little smile graced his pixie-like face always and forever.

Being maid and cook to 5 constantly-hungry guys and one girl that eats as much as those guys isn't easy, even at the best of times. All 6 of them are bloody slobs; they never so much as make their beds! They leave all their stuff everywhere. They are a bunch of pain in the asses. But I love it. I love every second of being on tour with my best friend and favourite band. I wouldn't change anything. I can't explain it, but I love taking care of people, knowing that some of their happiness is due to me. It just gives me a sense of fulfilment. Don't ask me why; it just does.

Gerard had sat Rae and I down, and explained what had happened to poor Frankie. His stupid bitch of a wife had cheated on him with the old pianist!! That's the lowest of the low! He just doesn't deserve that kind of shit! He's the sweetest guy ever. And the biggest prankster. Speaking of pranks...

We have something we call 'The Prank Wars' (because we are that frickin' cool) going on. Basically, it's MCR vs. Rae and me. I don't even remember how it started, only that each prank is getting worse and worse. No, really. The last one they played on me was to put peanut-butter and jam in the front of my converses and in my bed. All five have matching bruises. We got them back by putting a teeny-tiny amount of laxative in their coffee (it was a small tea-spoon between the five); that did the trick. Motherfuckers.

I just got woken up by Rae playing 'Fences' by Paramore on the piano. ‘Fences’ is our song- we can just relate to the lyrics. I shuffled into music room at the very back of the bus with my coffee.

"Good morning, sweet cheeks!" She said brightly, still playing. "It's a special day today! The sun is shining for once!"

And with that she bounced up and hopped and skipped out of the room. I can't believe she forgot. She never forgets! Ever! I don't think the guys understood why I've been moody all day today.
I can't believe she didn't tell them anything. Whenever I walked into a room, they'd all go silent or stop playing they're instruments. What's with the fucking secrets? I just felt so alone, on the one day of the year I'm not supposed to! Ugh!!!

They have an earlier show than usual today, at 2 o'clock, so I'm just getting everyone off the bus, dressed and ready.

They rocked out on stage. This is probably one of the highest energy concerts they've ever done. Figures.

"Does anyone know why today is special?" What? Gerard continued. "Anyone? No? Well, Ginger-Rae, I think you should tell them."

Rae winked at me before walking up to Gerard and grabbing the mic. "Well, I'd like to show you guys if she'll come on stage. Do you wanna see why today is so special?"

The crowd cheered.

"Come on down then Amy!" What?! No! They can't be serious... Then Brian pushed me on stage.

"This beautiful young lady is why today is so special! It's her birthday!!!" The crowd went wild.

"We have a special birthday surprise as well!" Gerard said. "Go on, sit down!"
I sat on Rae's stool.

"Okay guys, 5! 6! 7! 8!" A faintly familiar tune erupted from the speakers all around the arena.

Rae sang, "Did you think we forgot?
Did you think we didn't care?
You know us better than that!
-That's just not fair!-
"

Gerard began, " So whatever you thought,
Whatever you said,
Have a very special day,
You deserve it.
"

Then together, "So, happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday, dear Amy!
Happy birthday to you!"

Did..Did I just here the rock version of Happy Birthday?

The crowd went wild. I bet that'll be all over YouTube when the concert's finished.

*

After the show, we hopped, skipped and jumped back to the tour bus, like four-year-olds, with all the others singing 'happy birthday' all the way.

When we got to the bus Frank literally shouted,
"PRESENT TIME!!" Then he thrusted a photograph-shaped parcel at me. When I unwrapped it, it was several pictures of me and the gang he had collected over the last few months- all signed by him of course.

Gerard gave me a masterpiece of a sketch of me and Rae. It was so sweet, it was us in a nutshell and it was probably the best present I had ever received. After I had opened Gerard's present, Frankie announced he had to pee and ran do the back of the bus. I worry about that boy...
Mikey handed me a parcel and I unwrapped it, revealing a signed copy of 'Twilight'. How the fuck did he manage that?! I thanked him profusely and Ray handed me the gift from him. It was a black Les Paul!!!
"Oh my god Ray! I can't accept this! It's a friggin' Les Paul!" I stressed.

"You can and you will. That thing has been in its case so long, it deserves to be played." He replied.

Bob gave me a teddy bear. A teddy bear shredding an electric guitar. Oh yeah, he's a big softie really.

Last, but certainly not least, Rae handed me a small packet of 'Oreo's and an even smaller parcel. When I opened the teeny-tiny parcel, it was a guitar pick- signed by Billie-Joe Armstrong!
"Shit, how did you get this?!" I quizzed.

"It's amazing what you can get when you're friends with MCR..." She smiled, "And that's only part one! Let me go get Part 2."

"Part 2?" She had already sloped off towards the back of the bus were Frank went earlier. Speaking of Frankie, where is he?
Rae came back about 5 minutes later pushing a huge box.

"Jesus, that's bloody heavy!" She puffed. I just looked at the size of it. How on Earth did she get that on the bus without me noticing?! "Well go on! Open it!"
I pounced on it, like a cat on a mouse and tore off all the ribbon's and cello tape. Just as I was opening it- Frank-fucking-Iero jumped out of it, nearly giving me a heart attack. He had tied a ribbon into a bow around his neck.
"Surprise!! Do you like your extra-special present?" Rae asked.

"You're giving me Frankie?" I asked her.

"Uh-huh. Enjoy!" She flopped herself down in the space between Mikey and Ray.

"Happy Birthday beautiful," Frank whispered, gently cupping my face with his hands, and pressing his lips softly to mine. I could hear the wolf whistles and cat-calls in the background and Gerard saying...
"Wasn't he supposed to get out of the box before he kissed her?"

This moment was more than perfect as his lips massaged mine; all I could think about was the complete bliss that was Frank.

I changed my mind. This was the best present ever.
Sign up to rate and review this story