Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > More to the Point, I Need to Show, How Much I Can Come and Go

Chapter 2

by SomeoneIveNeverMet 3 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2010-05-30 - Updated: 2010-05-30 - 1253 words

0Unrated
I woke up the next morning feeling fresh and alert, I trusted Jon had come to check on me, he's not one to break his word, and whatever it was that was getting me down yesterday was cleared from my mind. I could smell the sweet smell of eggs being fried and toast from the toaster - this could mean only one thing - Jon was making a very large breakfast this morning. I slowly pulled the duvet back and got out of bed, slumbering my way into the open kitchen/living room area. Jon had his back to me, but when he caught my reflection in the microwave door he spun around and started making a scene.
'Whhyy do you build me up, build me up BUTTERCUP baby?! Just to let me down, let me down! And mess me arouuund?!' he sang at the top of his lungs, and I laughed at how silly he looked.
'Mornin' Jonny boy' I said to him as I went up and ruffled his already messy hair
'How do you do today ma'am?' he asked me as I sat down at our two-seater table and he acted like the perfect gentleman, laying a napkin out on my lap for me.
'Please, begin' he continued as I giggled to myself. I seriously wonder how on earth he hasn't got himself a girlfriend.
He continued to dance around for a bit, before finally joining me for something to eat at the table.
'So what are we doing today?' I asked, this was a question asked by either one of us, normally on a day-to-day basis.
'Oh' he sighed and his face dropped a little
'What?' was my only response to such an action
'I'm really sorry Mia, but I can't spend the day with you, I promised I'd go talk to this band about arrangements of meetings and how things will work' seeing my face fall, he continued '…but I'm free all night. We should have dinner and watch a movie, we haven't done that in forever!' I smiled at his attempts to cheer me up. I shouldn't be too disappointed, he has his own life to live, as do I mine, so of course he should be able to go out to see his new "band" members, I could respect that.
'It's okay Jon, you go have fun, I'll just go to the park with my sketch book, maybe I'll finally be able to paint a picture of that fantastic view!' and that's when I became a little excited by the idea. I’d always wanted to be a painter really, I just never had the guts to go for, it was such an unreliable job. I guess I envied Jon for doing what he always wanted to do, regardless of whether it was a stable income or not. Jon smiled at me.
'It's sorted then. Be back here for dinner though, okay? I don't want to spend another night by myself if you're going to go party it up somewhere!'
'Sure thing' I replied and dug into my meal, he followed my lead.
After breakfast I had a shower and got changed, by the time I'd finished in the bathroom, Jon had left. I found a note quickly scribbled in his neat curser,

Mia,
I’m out already, but don’t forget…back in time for dinner! :)
Love, forever & always,
Jon

I smiled at this and placed it back on the table. I went to my room and searched under my bed for my sketchbook. I'd never shown anyone my sketchbook, not even Jon. I was afraid what people would think of me, it was a very personal way of showing true emotions, and I didn't like the idea of someone being able to read me like an open book, I always liked to be a little mysterious. After ten minutes of searching I found my old battered book with drawings and paintings I'd made years ago, I just hadn't had the time to make any more drawings lately.
So I grabbed a pencil and rubber, a tray of paints and my paint brushes, along with a bottle of water and my newly rediscovered sketch book. As I walked to the park I realized what a perfect day it was for this painting to be set on, it wasn’t hot, but it wasn't particularly cold either, there was a wonderful tint to the sky which made it seem almost magical. And so I sat down on the grass and started to paint the scene that lay out in front of my eyes.

Six hours and a hot dog later, I'd finished. I packed my things up and began the walk home. It was usually about a fifteen-minute walk, but today it was much longer, for as I was walking and looking down at my work from the day, I crashed into something, sending me to the floor. I was dizzy as I searched the floor for my artwork, which had all fallen out of my tatty sketch book, and once again I banged my head into whatever it was that was blocking my way, but I heard a quiet 'Ow' this time. I looked up to see if someone was there but all I could see were the stars my eyes were making in the space in front of me. Slowly but surely, my sight returned to me, and I noticed two wonderfully brown, yet somehow familiar, eyes staring back at me.
'Here, let me help' it – he – offered, and he picked up my artwork and placed it back in my hands. And that's when I realized who it was. I quickly scrambled to my feet and was making for a brisk take off as he held my arm back and spun me around.
'I-I wanted to apologize for yesterday, I had no reason to shout at you. Please forgive me?' All I could do was nod, astonished.
'And could, maybe…could I come along again tomorrow?' he asked, a small amount of pleading visible in his voice. I nodded again, dumbstruck. I stared at him, bewildered, for a few seconds before turning on my heel and making my way home.

Jon was waiting for me as I entered our apartment.
'I thought you weren’t going to come!' he exclaimed as he came up to hug me. Usually we only hug for a short while, but this time I held him close to me, it was my way of telling him that I wanted to talk to him about something.
'What is it?' he asked as he pulled back to examine my face, and so I told him what had happened.
'Wow' he sighed, 'that's rather strange, maybe he was just having a bad day yesterday?'
'It's possible' I agreed, hoping his explanation was indeed true.
'Well, just see how it goes if he comes along tomorrow. I guess that's the best idea'
And I agreed with him as we sat down to eat our dinner, which he had so lovingly cooked for the both of us.

So maybe you're starting to think that Jon seems more like a Brendon? Well...we'll see:). I also want to know who you think this other guy is! Please dooo review. I'm serious this time - no reviews, no update (and the next chapter will be a good'un). I know people are reading it!
Sign up to rate and review this story