Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > BUFFY Meets STAR TREK

BONUS FEATURE

by johnnysnowball 0 reviews

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-05-30 - Updated: 2010-05-31 - 387 words - Complete

0Unrated
- Alternate Ending -

40

"Hey, Dawn...where's the dip?" Buffy asked, rummaging through the cupboards of her kitchen for the final ingredient to complete their chips n' dips n' TV night.

They'd been back in Sunnydale less than 4 hours and Giles had gone home. Thankfully Spike had also disappeared at some point. Though it was extremely late, the remaining friends were far too hyper to retire quite so early. And so it was that the evening had become a chips, dips and TV night. Only Buffy couldn't find the dip.

"In the refrigerator where it always is," Dawn answered from the breakfast island where she mixed the chips into a large bowl. "I think dimension hopping frazzled your brain."

"My brain is fine. But we keep the dip with the chips... it's logical."

"Hello, Spock, I've been saying that /forever/! But you always like the dip cold."

"Since when?!" Buffy couldn't make sense of Dawn's crazy-talk. "And what's a /spock/?"

"Jeez, Buffy, you really have lost the plot."

Then, from the lounge, Xander yelled out for her to come. He sounded irate and panic-stricken.

Buffy ran through the hall into the den and saw the picture on the TV screen...

It was Data. And Worf. And Riker. Their clothes were strange but they were unmistakable.

Data spoke, "Someone is approaching. Forty metres due east and closing." At that, Worf hid and Riker ducked low with a phaser. A door opened and from it entered a second Riker.

Stars followed and planets. Xander and Buffy were unable to speak, move, or look away from the screen.

"Space," came the voice of Picard, "the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. It's continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilisations. To boldly go where no one has gone before.'

STAR TREK : THE NEXT GENERATION appeared in bold blue text and a chorus of ghastly orchestral music accompanied it.

A spaceship darted across the screen...

starring PATRICK STEWART as Capt. Jean-Luc Picard...

"Buffy ... what IS this? What does it mean?" Xander finally managed to utter.

"I...I don't know." But that wasn't true. She just didn't WANT to know.

"It's just Star trek," Dawn said, eyeing them curiously.

Willow returned from the bathroom. "What's up?"

Buffy's lips quivered. "Everything."
Sign up to rate and review this story