Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Life Without Her

Chapter 13

by IMIAST 0 reviews

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2010-06-06 - Updated: 2010-06-06 - 726 words - Complete

0Unrated
Naruto got into his car and drove toward the police station. He knew he could get there faster if he wanted to, but something was making him hesitate. He'd waited six years to see Sakura again, so why was he taking his time?

He then realized he might be afraid of what could happen when he greeted her. He missed her and couldn't wait to be reunited with her, but he wasn't sure she felt the same way. For some reason he felt she might be angry with him for failing to protect her all those years ago. After a few minutes, though, he decided she could go ahead and be angry with him. He would still be there for her. After that, there was no further hesitation on his part.

Within minutes he was at the station. He went inside and walked up to the front desk. "Hello," he said, "I'm Naruto Uzumaki. I'm here about..."

"Come this way," said Officer Lee, who came out of the hall. "She's in my office."

Naruto followed Lee down the hall to a nondescript room. "Is this it?"

"Yes. I think I'll give the two of you a moment to yourselves, but if you need me I'll be right outside."

Naruto walked inside and closed the door behind him. He then saw Sakura sitting across the room, behind Lee's desk. After all this time, she'd never taken off her wedding dress. From the look on her face, he could tell she hadn't been treated all that well.

As soon as she saw Naruto, though, her expression changed. She began to smile, and while she was crying he knew they were happy tears. She got out of the chair and out from behind the desk; this was somewhat difficult with her dress on. She then went over and hugged Naruto, her tears now flowing freely.

"Oh, Naruto," Sakura said, "I don't know if I can express how much I missed you! That whole time they had me, I never stopped dreaming of this day. Another year with him, and I might've, that is I was thinking of..." It was clear she couldn't bring herself to finish her thought.

"Please, Sakura, just stop," said Naruto. "You'll be okay now, and that's all that matters."

"Yes, Naruto you're right." She sensed Naruto thinking of something else. "If you're worried about Ino, don't be. She and I were rescued at the same time, and she's no doubt back with Sasuke by now."

"That's good to hear," said Naruto. "I'll ask Officer Lee if it's okay for me to take you home."

"Actually, the police have no need for any testimony. Itachi and his men took their own lives rather than surrender."

"That's great!" In fact, Naruto was somewhat disappointed. He'd been looking forward to paying Itachi back himself. That was no longer an issue, though, so he put it out of his mind.

"As for what you were saying earlier, yes, please take me home. I'd like to change out of my dress now."

Once Lee gave the okay, Naruto and Sakura left the station and got into the car. Sakura could tell, just by looking at the passing buildings, that life had gone on without her. She then realized that she couldn't just reappear in people's lives and act like the last six years hadn't happened. She'd deal with that later; this day was about her and Naruto.

Finally, they reached their home. After Naruto parked the car, he helped Sakura out, and then they went inside. She went and sat down on the nearest chair. She was happy to be home.

"I'll go get your clothes," said Naruto. "I boxed it all up and put it in the attic, and..."

"I'm in no rush," said Sakura. "I don't think I'll be needing clothes for a while."

Naruto got what Sakura meant; he picked her up and carried to their bedroom. She then sat on the bed while he made sure to turn off the phones. They didn't want anything interrupting them.

"Uh, Naruto?" said Sakura, turning her back to him. "Could you unzip me?"

"Sure," said Naruto. He undid the zipper and helped Sakura out of her dress. He then undressed himself.

They both knew there were unresolved issues from their ordeal, but that could wait until tomorrow.

THE END
Sign up to rate and review this story