Categories > Books > Cirque du Freak > Vampire Love

Chapter Three

by catlovesmcr 0 reviews

Meet Mr. Crepsley

Category: Cirque du Freak - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Darren Shan - Published: 2010-06-13 - Updated: 2010-06-13 - 624 words

0Unrated
Chapter Three
Vampire Mountain



“That must have been very difficult for you. You had to leave behind the life you wanted, the people you loved, and everything. You did not choose this path as I did. You were forced to become something you did not want. I feel sorry for you.”

“Don't,” he shakes his head. “It was difficult at first but I'm okay now.”

I nod. “Where do you live now?”

“I perform with Mr. C in the cirque du freak. It's not as bad as it sounds.”

“Okay....”

“Do you want to meet Mr. Crepsley?”

“Sure, I don't see why not.”

I follow him to a room where Mr. Crepsley is with a little person. I had heard about them through various sources. “Mr.. Crepsley, this is Catarina Lombardi,” Shan introduces me.

Mr. Crepsley examines me for a moment then shakes my hand. “It's a pleasure to meet you Catarina. I was not aware that there were any young vampires besides Darren.”

“It's not something that me and Jonathan like to broadcast to everyone. I'm sure you understand.”

“Jonathan is the one who blooded you?”

I nod.

“He is on trial with the generals?”

I nod again. “That is correct sir.”

“You seem very intelligent Catarina. Darren tells me you chose to become a vampire?”

“Thank you and yes sir I did.”

“May I ask why?”

I explain the same as I had to his assistant previously.

“I see....”

I sit down on a chair and cross my legs. “Did you wear those shoes on the way up the mountain?” Shan asks me.

“Yes.”

“That's against the rules.”

“I made them myself. They are not real shoes.”

“They are kind of...”

“I don't care,” I shrug.


(Shan)

“She's weird, isn't she?” I ask Mr. C when Catarina leaves.

“I liked her.”

I frown. “Seriously?”

“Yes, she's smart and interesting. You should give her a chance Darren. She seems like a good vampire.”

“Whatever.”



“Do you want to go swimming?” she asks me.

“What? In that ice water? No way.”

She shrugs. “Fine but I'd rather not be dirty and smelly,” she jumps into the water. I sigh and watch her resurface. She takes a few deep breaths then runs her hand through her long wet hair. It is usually a light brown color. Her eyes are hazel colored and they sparkle when she smiles. She is smiling right now. “C'mon in Shan!”

I jump in and when I resurface I shiver. “It's freezing.”

“Don't be such a baby.”

I look at her. She is wearing a white tee shirt and blue shorts. I can see through the tee shirt now to a pink bathing suit top.

“Don't stare at me Shan. It's not polite. Didn't your mama teach you manners?”

“Sorry...I wasn't staring,” I blush.

She giggles. It is an almost musical sound but very light and happy sounding. I like it. “What's wrong? You act like you've never seen a girl before.”

“I have.”

She pulls the white tee shirt off of her then plunges below the water. In a few moments she rises up to the surface again and floats on her back, breathing deeply. Her skin is pale and flawless. She's skinny but not anorexic looking. Her body is kind of...really nice. I don't know where she got that pink bathing suit top but it fits okay. I can't help noticing the perfect roundness of her chest...

Oh God, Mr. C would kill me if he knew what I was thinking right now. I know it's horrible but I'm 20. I'm a man now. I have needs and desires the same as every other guy. It's not my fault.

It's not like I even like her. She's weird.
Sign up to rate and review this story