Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Name Of The Game

Try Too Hard

by nikitarae1435 0 reviews

Hermione begins to have feelings of jealousy towards her new friend. Also Draco cannot keep his mind off of Danielle and he has no idea why! Little does he know...she can't either.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Draco,Harry,Hermione,Ron - Published: 2010-06-16 - Updated: 2010-06-17 - 1156 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in Harry Potter. Only the wonderful J.K Rowling owns them!
Chapter 6: Try Too Hard
The next morning Danielle woke up feeling restless. She couldn’t remember falling asleep and she knew that she hadn’t gotten much of it. A million things had been running through her mind.
Anxiety for the first day of classes, and now Draco. Hermione was already up and getting ready for breakfast. She looked over and saw Danielle sitting up and rubbing her sleepy eyes.
“Sleep well?” Hermione asked as she applied a small amount of foundation to her face.
“Not exactly” Danielle replied.
“Nervous about classes?” she asked. Now she was doing a charm on her hair to try and keep it in a nice ponytail. Even with magic, a few stray curls escaped the hair style.
“I guess so. At least I have you there with me, right?” Danielle said.
She was not about to tell Hermione about Draco and the kiss. Being new was hard enough, but she couldn’t afford to lose the friends she already had managed to make. And besides, she liked her new friends.
“Right! I hear we have double potions this morning.” Hermione was still trying to charm her hair. This time even more hair had forced itself out of the ponytail. She was obviously struggling. Danielle got up and began her morning ritual. She charmed her robes on, and began on her own hair. She threw it effortlessly into a curly ponytail. Hermione turn and looked at her helplessly. Danielle laughed and used the same charm on Hermione’s hair. Her hair began to twist itself into a neat ponytail, much like Danielle’s.
“Better?” asked Danielle.
“Much, thank you.” Hermione said. She laughed as she examined her hair in the mirror. “Where did you learn that?” she asked Danielle.
“I’m pretty good with charms.” Danielle replied.
Hermione couldn’t help but feel a twinge of jealousy. She wasn’t used to having someone being better than her at something, or anything for that matter. Ever since she began Hogwarts, she had been the best in her class, probably even in the school. She smiled and pretended not to care. The last thing she needed was to have an enemy in her 6th year at Hogwarts. She wanted to make it a memorable year.
“Well we have an excellent charms professor here at Hogwarts.” She said
“What about potions, I’m pretty good in that class too. How’s the professor in that class?” Danielle asked as she started on her makeup, which consisted of a light green eye shadow and a light pink blush.
Hermione again felt that twinge of jealousy. She couldn’t help it; it was creepy up inside her stomach like a snake.
“Well Professor Snape is very tough. You’ll never survive him.” She said plainly. Danielle clearly looked surprised at the sudden change of attitude.
“Ready to go?” Hermione asked with a chilling but friendly smile. “Ron and Harry should be expecting us.”
The Great Hall was already pretty crowded with students when Danielle and Hermione arrived. They quickly spotted Harry, Ron, and Ginny. Danielle sat down and desperately tried to remember everyone’s names. She recognized Seamus and Dean. The blonde was Luna. Hard as she tried she could not remember the fat boy’s name. The nerves she had seemed to melt away when she looked at Harry smiling.
Something about him made her feel calm and at ease. It did not go unnoticed to Hermione and Ron that whenever Danielle was around Harry was different. He was happy. Harry had become like a brother to Danielle.
In Harry’s mind Danielle was much more. He wasn’t sure what yet, but he felt something.
Across the Great Hall Draco Malfoy sat with his Slytherin friends. He could hear Crabbe talking about something completely irrelevant again. He wasn’t listening to him at all though. His focus was on someone else. Danielle Golding was stuck in his mind. He had tried to forget her after she had turned him down in the corridor, but it was becoming increasingly difficult.
There she was laughing at something Potter had said. Her beautiful red hair swished with every giggle.
Draco felt like a complete fool. He had taken a huge risk, but he was almost sure that Danielle felt the same way. The more he thought about it the more he wondered what exactly it was he felt. It obviously was not love; Malfoy’s don’t fall in love. He wasn’t even sure if his parents were ever in love. Crushes were for first years. He concluded that it must be lust. A few hormones were out of whack. As soon as Draco came to this conclusion he was interrupted out of his thoughts by a certain Pansy Parkinson.
“Draco, what are you staring at?” She asked in her annoying shrill voice.
“What’s it to you Parkinson?” Draco asked as he broke out of his trance. Pansy didn’t look hurt in the least bit. Instead she looked more intrigued.
“Oh I see. You like little miss America don’t you? Well I can fix that Draky.” Pansy said as she managed to slide her hand onto his thigh.
Inside Draco felt like vomiting. Pansy was disgustingly experienced. He knew that she slept around, and she had tried to hook up with him on several occasions, but Draco never gave in.
The truth with Draco was that he was a virgin. He would never admit this with anyone, especially his father. Malfoy’s were supposed to be seducers, ready to seduce whoever they may have to. He on the other hand figured that the Dark Lord wouldn’t need him to do his bidding for a few more years. It wasn’t like he was waiting until marriage, he knew that was ludicrous. He just didn’t want to do it with any of the other girls that had offered it to him.
As far as Hogwarts knew he was a ladies man.
Draco turned toward Pansy and closed in on her ear.
“Get over it Pansy. Your disgusting and I will never want to be with you.” He whispered in her ear as he casually shoved her hand off of his leg.
Now Pansy looked pissed. She threw her black hair over her shoulder and got up. She began to walk away as she stopped and looked at Danielle who she now noticed was staring at Draco.
“I will not have her win.” Pansy said silently as she stomped away out of the Great Hall.

I am officially graduated from High School! What does that mean…UPDATES! I finally have time to write. I can’t wait to see what you guys think of this chapter and the chapters to come. Review!
Sign up to rate and review this story