Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie > Time Warp

And bring your knees in tight.

by Rogue88 0 reviews

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Rogue,Wolverine - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2010-06-29 - Updated: 2010-06-29 - 467 words

0Unrated
Almost an hour ago, they had dropped Marie off at the motel and Logan had pulled the truck into the parking lot. The four men had ordered a bottle of whiskey and made their way to their table in the back. Now they were three sheets to the wind at the pool table. Martin had just beat Logan at a game and decided instead of the usual $20 wager, Logan was to try and pick up the prettiest girl there - a bet that made a lot more sense when one was drunk, considering it was mostly lumberjacks and ramblers. Lucky for Logan, Marie had just sat down at the bar. He had noticed her the second she walked in, her sweet scent dancing on the air.

“That‘s just not fair.” moaned Steve when he caught sight of her. Since they saw her last, Marie had showered and changed at the motel. She still had her halo, but now she wore Daisy Dukes and a Metallica t-shirt with her boots.

“I think it‘s very fair.” Logan stated, turning back to the other men. “How’s my hair? How do I smell?” he asked ironically.

“Perfect.” Louis told him, while Martin answered ”Like a rose garden.”

“You mean manure?” asked Logan, sounding offended but non-committal. Louis gave him a funny look when he answered.

“Dude, you‘re paid to sweat. Now go get her, tiger.”

Logan just shook his head and approached the bar. “’Nother bottle of Jack?” He noticed the faint blush on the bartender’s cheeks when he nodded.

“You alright, Marshall?” he asked with a slight suspicion. Marshall’s only response was to slide his eyes in Marie’s direction. Logan raised his voice enough to get her attention. “What did you do to the boy?”

“I didn‘t do anything.” Marie giggled. “We were engaging in polite conversation. You might want to try it some time.” she finished and downed her shot.

Logan smirked, folded his arms and leaned against the bar. “Well, you‘re not making this easy for me.”

“Making what easy?” she asked and raised her eyebrow in curiosity. Logan thought it strange this girl was exhibiting his trademark, but continued with his mission - never one to give up easily.

“Well,” he jerked his thumb in Martin‘s direction, “Martin over there kicked my ass at a game of pool, and instead of taking my money like a normal person, he instructed me to try and take you home.” he finished and Marie stared at him blankly for a few seconds. She turned to face Logan fully then and spoke softly.

“I‘m not supposed to go home with strange men.” She stood up and closed the distance between them. “But I’d be willing to make an exception.”
Sign up to rate and review this story