Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter & The Final Battle

Awakening

by Buff_dogg2 2 reviews

Harry gets fed up and goes shopping.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Dudley, Harry, Petunia Dursley, Vernon Dursley - Published: 2006-04-28 - Updated: 2006-04-28 - 4033 words

-1Cliche
Disclaimer: I don't own shit. Well except for the plots.

Awakening

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" Harry awakes once more compliments a dream of everyone who has ever died because of him at the hands of Voldemort. James and Lily Potter, Cedric Diggory, Sirius Black and most recently Albus Dumbledore. It really wasn't his fault but he still felt that way.

Harry gets up, sits the side of his bed and puts his glasses on, his scar burning red. This doesn't affect him much, he has gotten used to the pain since Voldemort had gotten rid of Dumbledore he has been killing left right and center.

Harry, got up to go to the loo and stumped his toe on the chair which he levitated towards the bed. He had been practicing wandless magic since the day he got back from Hogwarts. He was now in his chest which he had gotten from Diagon Alley yesterday. The Dursleys had somehow pissed him off as soon as he got through the door, he looked at his Uncle Vernon and imagined him wearing a dress and the next thing he saw was Uncle Vernon wearing a red sun flower dress. Harry chuckled and headed up the stairs when he heard Vernon saying something about " that crazy Headmaster or those red headed freaks had better come before I kill him" At that Harry dropped his trunk and sent Uncle Vernon flying across the room.

"Don't you ever speak of my friends in that manner and as for Dumbledore he's dead, because of me! So if you value your life you'd better leave me alone!" Then Harry picked up his trunk and went up to his room only leaving to go to the loo or outside. After his mishap with Uncle Vernon he had written the Weasleys and had Ron send him some food. Only he usually got more than he bargained for. it seemed that Ron had gone against his wishes, and told Molly and now got enough to feed even Dudley. After his letter to Ron he wondered what the ministry would do. He was sure to get expelled this time unless he striked a deal with Scrimgeour and be the Ministry's poster boy. He never received a letter and figured the ministry had mistaken it for accidental magic.

Two days after his arrival Harry got fed up of sitting doing nothing in his room. So decided on a trip to Diagon alley might help lighten his mood but first he'd need a disguise. He rummaged through his clothes for something to hide his scar at least. He found a ski mask and tried it on. It hid his scar perfectly. All he needed now was his invisibility cloak and he'd be gone.

Harry went down stairs under his cloak, and went towards the backdoor. he opened and went outside. he looked around the street to see if he could find any order members lurking around and sure enough there was Tonks, she was behind a tree sitting on a log, her eyes red and droopy. Harry snickered and was on his way. A few blocks away he put his invisibility cloak in his rucksack and "BANG", the Knight bus was before him but this time there was no Stan Shunpike but a younger wizard. This wizard didn't even spare Harry a glance nor even bother to greet him but rather silently gestured for him to enter.

"The Leaky Cauldron" said Harry. He merely nodded and they were off. Harry exited the bus and went to the leaky Cauldron. He nodded at Tom the bartender and went towards the archway. He didn't want to risk being expelled so he waited until someone came and opened the archway.

He went through closely behind them and headed for gringotts. Today seemed a busy day which was good, all the better for his disguise.

Harry entered a line and soon it was his turn. "Harry Potter, I'd like to get some money from my vault." The goblin was unphased by Harry's name. He was glad the goblin didn't make a fuss.
"Oh, and I'd like to get Griphook to take me down." Now the goblin raised a brow. "GRIPHOOK!" he shouted and all of a sudden he appeared. "Take Mr. Potter down to his vault."

Griphook gestured for Harry to follow and together they went to the cart and down to the vault. When they reached Harry's vault Harry spoke "Thank you Griphook". The goblin seems startled and looked back at Harry.
"Did I say something wrong?" asked Harry.

"No you didn't, it's just that we aren't usually referred to by our names by wizards, but it is by all means not unheard of, I've heard that some of us who had had the pleasure of tending to Dumbledore say that he refers to each of us by name."

Harry didn't want to talk about Dumbledore and just went into the vault. If he didn't know any better he would've said he had never remove a knut from the vault, it was still full of galleons, sickles and knuts. He took some money, put it in his pouch and exited the vault.

"Er... Griphook"

"Yes, Mr. Potter?"

"Do you know how much money I have in my vault?"

Griphook took a piece of parchment from his cloak and gave it to Harry. " Tap, your wand on the parchment and say 'Harry Potter's Gringotts Balance'."

Harry did as told and to his surprise words appeared on the parchment.


Gringotts Bank

Mr. Harry Potter

Your total balance is $9,562,845


Harry's jaw dropped, he was a millionaire and hadn't even known. Why hadn't anyone told him. He then turned his attention towards the parchment, he was intrigued to say the least.

"Do you have any more interesting stuff?" Harry asked gesturing toward the parchment.

"Why yes, there's the pouch which you can just put your hand in and retrieve as much money as you like, the check parchment where you write how much money you want to transfer to another's account and the..."

"That's ok, I'll take both"

"Here Mr. Potter", Griphook said handing Harry a pouch and a parchment book from his cloak. "That'll be $250 Galleons."

"Ok, just take it out of my vault"

"Yes sir. Mr. Potter when is your birthday?"

"The end of next month, why?"

"Since it will be a while till your next visit would you like to receive your inheritance now?"

" Inheritance? Er... Ok"

"Lets go down to your family vault then"

"Family vault? I have a family vault."

"Yes, surely someone would have notified you of this."

"No, I wasn't."

"Well, lets go then."

They headed towards the cart and took a long trip deeper into the bowels of London. After what seemed an eternity they stopped. Griphook carried Harry towards a vault.

"Put your hand on the door and say your full name"

Harry did as told. "Harry James Potter"

The vault door opened and dust surrounded them.

"Harry glanced back at Griphook and entered his vault, his jaw dropped. The vault was as big as the Great Hall and filled of Galleons, portraits of men with messy black hair and women with flaming red hair, weapons, jewels and many other items. And right in front of him was a chest and engraved on the front was a crest. The Potter crest. Harry opened the chest and saw it was empty except for the Potter crest engraved in the bottom and a parchment rolled up inside. It read:


Dear Harry Potter,

You are of age and have seen the many wonders of the Potter vault, I myself was enthralled the first Time my father show the vault to me. Now your beautiful mother and I had gotten you this for your seventeenth birthday, just in case we aren't around to give it to you. Dumbledore told us of 'The Prophecy', if he hasn't told you of this yet then go, give him a kick in the ass from James and demand the prophecy. Now this is not just a chest but what i like to call a Safehaven. Only a Potter by blood or marriage can open it. It's like a fully equipped house, with a few extras. And if you really are my son I'm sure you have a pretty red head to share it with. How am I so sure well take a look around the vault and see the generations of red headed Potters. If you don't have one, let me tell you, they are the only way to go. Fiery, wild and great in bed. Ouch! That little statement just earned me a slap and a glare that says I'll be sleeping on the couch. Anyway back to the chest, when you close this chest for the first time you have to put your hand on it and say your full name (Harry James Potter) to open it again. And for traveling just place your hand on the Potter Crest and say 'minimize', to get it back to normal size say 'maximize'. To enter all you have to do is step inside the trunk and say 'SafeHaven'. to leave just on the Potter crest in the living room and say 'Potters Rule', anyone else and they'll just be gone. Now you will enter a very posh, if I do say so myself, living room. boy that couch has some memories. And a kitchen which has a pantry which automatically fills with food (I still wonder where it comes from). Next there's your mother's study (which I still say is a library), it's filled with books of charms, potions, nasty hexes (the bat boogie hex being your mother's favorite). Now there is the Potter Crest on the wall between two book cases. Put your hand in the middle of the crest for a couple of seconds and it will open (Once again this can only be done by a Potter). Inside there's literally thousands of books of what is consider "Dark Magic." Now it isn't dark magic but rather very old magic which has been replaced by other spells over the centuries. Now there are books on animigi which I would like you to look at, an animigi form can be very useful. Next there is a room, which is really any room you want it to be, my fellow marauder and I call it the room of requirement. I first found out about it in school on the 7th floor and since then I've been searching tirelessly for way to get one of my own. Needless to say my dear friend Moony found it and so, I present the room of requirement This is the largest room in the chest since I also use it to practice Quidditch. The next thing is the Master Bedroom (more good times), most there is a really big bed and a life sized portrait of you, your mom and I. Well that's all, just so you know i just kissed you on your forehead. That's all son, your mom and I love you and are sorry for the years we weren't there for you.

PS: There's the Potter seal on the coffee table. It's a portkey to Potter Manor! Magic can't be traced from there. There you can talk to anyone in the Potter family.


Love

James Potter
Dad


Harry was speechless, and tears flowed freely down his cheeks. He put the parchment back into the chest and closed it. After staring at the chest he put his hand on the crest and said "Minimize." The trunk shrunk to the size of a deck ok cards and Harry put it in the pocket of his jacket. Then he exited the vault.

"If, you'll please follow me you have some documents to sign..." Griphok said as he was abruptly cut off.

"No thanks, that'll be all."

"Ok then Mr. Potter"

They then went to the cart and trailed back wordlessly.

As Harry was to leave he turned to Griphook and said "Thanks, for everything"

"Yes sir."

Harry left to the street of Diagon alley and wonder what time it was. He didn't have a watch so he decided to treat himself to one. He walked the streets of diagon alley and came across a shop with jewelry and watches at the front. Harry enter to see a very businesslike man. He was tall with short black hair slicked backwards like Malfoys' and wore formal dressrobes.

"What can I do for you today sir?" he asked with a friendly, airy voice which reminded Harry of Luna Lovegood.

"Er... well I'd like to purchase a watch, the best you have.

"I'm afraid you may not be able to afford such an item sir" he replied

"I sure I can unless it cost a billion Galleons"

The man eyed Harry decidedly and showed Harry a gold and platinum watch. " This watch tells the time anywhere in the world, it has a shield which can protect you from minor hexes, and a feature which notifies you of your family or friends' well-being, it tells you if they're traveling, home, in mortal peril and so on." The wizard looked down on Harry awaiting his next words.

"How much?"

"$1,230 Galleons"

Harry scratched his head, this wizard thought Harry couldn't afford it so Harry decided to play. " Don't you have anything better with better security features? What with all the Death Eaters running around."

The man looked at Harry his brows raised in shock. "Very well then, how much are you willing to pay"

"As much as it takes"

"Ok, sir step back here with me." He let Harry behind the counter and led him into the back room. There Harry saw jewelry hung up on walls and watches.

"What's so special about back here?"

The man looked at Harry like he was crazy. "Why, this is only the most expensive and best watches ordered by the ministry for the protection of aurors."

"Oh." comprehension dawned on Harry's' face.

"Now, this one is the best we have. It's a portkey with a 10 location preset, a powerful shielding charm, world time, solar powered or powered by your own magic, a powerful light and a special function which I recently invented which portkeys you somewhere if you ever became unconscious for one reason or the other."

"Is this the best you have?"

"Yes sir"

"I'll take it, the platinum and gold one." He liked the platinum and silver but thought better of it because of Remus' condition.

"That'll be $4,275 Galleons." he shop keeper said with a maniacal smirk on his face.

"Ok." Harry took his parchment book out of his jacket and wrote down the sum on the parchment.

"Will you wear it out or would you like it wrapped."

"No thanks, I'll wear it out."

Harry walked out feeling proud of his new purchase. It was just after midday and Harry didn't need to buy any books because of his new library. He walked up Diagon Alley and saw the three W's shop. Business was booming. Harry could see people streaming in and out of the store. He chuckled to himself and walk till he saw the entrance to Knocturn Alley. He wondered if it would be safe to enter the street. He decided that no one could recognize him and it would be ok so on he went.

Diagon Alley was bright and sunny, but Knocturn Alley was Dark and gloomy. There was hardly anyone on the street. Harry stopped infront of a store with some daggers, and a cool suit in the windows. Without thinking he entered the store. It's walled were filled with daggers, throwing knifes, ninja stars, whips and Harry was surprised to see a handgun. He decided that the shopper was probably muggle born.

"What can I do for you?" asked a short, stout man.

"I'd like to buy some of your stuff, money isn't an option." answered Harry in his most confident voice.

A smile crept across the man's face. "Ok, son point out anything you find interesting."

There was a full outfit on the wall behind the counter. "What's this?"

"I call this a combat suit. Everything here is made of dragon hide. Dragon hide vest, pants, boots and cloak. All for $2500 Galleons."

"I'll take two, and what about that over there?" Harry pointed towards a wand case.

"Ok, that a wand case to be strapped to your wand arm. Made of dragon hide so it can't be summoned. There's also on for your leg."

"I'll take both." Harry looked around some more. " What about the things on that wall?"

"Ah, well there's the utility belt which holds potions, throwing knives, daggers and a whip. And over there is the Dagger case which straps on to your forearm or your leg. And everything is made of dragon hide."

"I'll take everything you just called."

"The man looked taken aback. That'll be er... let's see, including the suits, err... that'll be $16 780 Galleons."

"Ok." Harry went for his book and then saw one being poked to him. Harry took it and wrote the amount of galleons.

"Would you like that wrapped?"

"No thanks." Harry took the wand case and strapped on his wand arm. Then he took out his chest and put everything inside. "Thanks for everything" The man nodded his head and grunted at Harry. He left and set back toward Diagon Alley.

The last store before Diagon Alley was a Eye care store. Harry was getting tired of his glasses and wanted to get some contacts. He entered the store and saw a rather young witch, probaly barely out of school behind the counter, he face behind an issue of Witch Weekly.

"Hello, er... I'd like to buy some contacts"

"Ump... Muggle born are you, what kind of charms do you want on them?" she said still not looking from behind her magazine.

"I dunno what kind of charms you have."

"She got up and looked at Harry smiling. " Ok, we have..." gasp, " y-y-you're Harry Potter.!"

"What!?" Harry looked into the glass, showcase at his reflection and saw that his cap had ridden back. "Oh shit, please lady don't say anything, the death eaters are after me and..."

"D-D-Don't worry I won't say a word."

"Ok, I need some contacts, what are the charms?"

"Well we have fogging charms, an eyecolour charm, a charm which are only for the aurors, it lets you see through things."

Harry looked behind her and saw some magical eyes like Moody's, spinning around in glass jars. "Ok, I'll take it, can you put the same charms on my glasses too?"

"Ok Mr..." she was before she could say the name.

"Don't say it."

"Yes, sir"

She put the contacts on the counter and carried his glasses into the back. She returned a few minutes later.

"Don't wear the glasses for about twelve hours."

"Er... do you have a case for my glasses"

"Yes sir"

Harry put in the contacts and put the holder in his pocket. "How do you work the eyecolour on these contacts?"

"You just close your eyes and think of a colour and when you open them there're the colour you thought of."

"That's all, wow, thanks."

"Yes sir, is that all?"

"Yes mam, how much?"

"That'll be, $765 Galleons."

"Ok"

She gave Harry the parchment and a quill. He wrote down the amount of money to be paid, checked his ski hat and was off.

He made his way to the Leaky Cauldron and had the special and a butterbeer. After he ate, he nodded at Tom and went to catch the knight bus. When he got to Little Whinging he walked all the way back to Privet Drive. The doors were locked so Harry tried to unlock the door wandlessly. " Alohomora," he said over and over for what seemed an hour until he finally got it. The door opened and Harry looked at his watch to see that it was just after nine in the evening.

The Dursleys were all cuddled in the living room chair watching T.V. He merely spared them a glance and went upstairs. When he got up stairs he took his chest from his jacket a put it on the floor. He put it in a corner of the room and put his hand on it. The Items which he put inside couldn't be seen anymore. He stepped into the chest and on to the Potter Crest. Then he said, " SafeHaven."

He automatically appeared in a very comfy looking living room. It was a sight to behold. On the walls were Family pictures. This made him think of how much he wanted a family, and there was only one person that he could imagine having a family with, Ginerva Weasley. She was perfect and had his father's approval Harry imagined because of the red hair he was so fond of.

And in the very middle of the was the Potter seal, there was a note attached to it which said 'Just say Potter Manor.' Harry wasn't ready to go there yet so he just replaced the seal and went to explore the rest of his 'safehaven'. Harry entered the study, and was taken aback by the many books and book shelves and books. His dad was right, this was a library. And on the desk was a letter, which simply said:

To: Harry
From: Mom

The tears started to well up in Harry's eyes and he decided to read the letter later. 'What the hell is wrong with me, it's just a letter'. He put it in his pocket and went to browse the books. He saw a book on Occlumency and decided to read it in bed. The next room he entered was the kitchen. It was a fairly large room with a dining table, a kitchen counter, a stove, in the cupboards were pots, pans and dinnerware. In the drawers were cutlery, and kitchen utensils. Harry went and opened the pantry, it was empty. he then wished he had a sandwich and all of a sudden a one appeared, then he wished for a glass of milk and one appeared. The sandwich was good enough to rival Mrs. Weasley's.

Next room he entered surprised him. there was a swimming pool and a Jacuzzi. He briefly wondered how it worked surrounded by so much magic but then figured his mom had done something with it. He then exited and found himself in a huge room. Harry looked and saw a rack with numerous amount of brooms on it. He looked at the other side of the room and saw a rack with various weapons on it, daggers, throwing knives and so on. He walked past this and saw what seemed to be a closet. He opened it and saw suits much like the one he bought that day. He exited that room and went into another which appeared to be a bathroom, it was a fairly big and a square bathtub big enough for four. On the other side of the bathroom was a shower and a latrine. in a corner there was a faucet with glass knobs and a pearly white bowls, in fact the whole room was a sparkling pearly white.

Harry left the room through the other door in the bathroom and entered the bedroom. At topmost center of the room was a massive four post bed made of wood, probably mahogany. At the foot and head of the bed was the Potter Crest. On the other side of the room was a desk and a chair. And on the opposite side of the bed was life-sized portrait of him, his mother and father, at were cooing over his one year old self. He then hopped into the bed with the Occlumency book in hand, the bed was just perfect. Harry just closed his eyes and drifted off too sleep.


A/N: This is my first fanfiction and I'm hoping it's ok, I'll have to read it over and see if I can make any changes. And I'm not posting another Chapter till I get some reviews. So please review, thank you.
Sign up to rate and review this story