Categories > Anime/Manga > Beyblade > Dangerous Liaisons

Dangerous Liaisons

by SatansFaith

Kai Hiwatari and Tala Ivanov; they obey no laws, they have no limits, but there is one rule in the game of seduction - Never fall in love. AU KaixTala KaixRei

Category: Beyblade - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Erotica, Romance - Characters: Kai, Ray, Tyson, Other - Warnings: [?] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-04-28 - Updated: 2006-04-28 - 2818 words

?Blocked
Dangerous Liaisons Prologue Dangerous Liaisons Prologue

-

This is my new fic idea, based on the movie Cruel Intentions. Sadly, for those of you who enjoyed the movie, I will be changing several things, mainly because I find the ending unrealistic, but hey, that's creativity for you. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy and take the time to R&R.

Summary: Kai Hiwatari and Tala Ivanov; they obey no laws, they have no limits, but there is one rule in the game of seduction - Never fall in love. AU KaixTala KaixRei

-

"Jesus! We've been at this for two months!" The angry blonde female snipped from over her clipboard, glaring at the young man who sat at the opposite side of her desk, crimson eyes coolly focused on her own blue eyes.

"I know." He replied monotonously.

"And you haven't made an ounce of progress!" She continued angrily.

"I know." The bluenette repeated calmly, removing a cigarette packet from his black Armani jacket and removing one before placing it between his lips, removing a solid gold Zippo lighter from the other.

Dr Judy Tate didn't need to look up from her clipboard to know what he was doing and hissed, "There's no smoking in my office Kai, you know that."

Sneering, the bluenette put the cigarette packet and lighter back in his pockets, watching as the blonde therapist before him looked up to face him, shaking her head - almost as if she pitied him. He granted her a cool glare. "What do you want me to say?" He asked icily. "That I'm supposed to feel remorse because I act the way I do? The truth is, Dr Tate, I do not."

Dr Tate merely shook her head and took a few notes.

"Look," Kai continued, ignoring the fact she was probably writing down that he should go to Sex Addicts Anonymous or some such crap. "I'm not like all the other kids in high school. I don't care about book reports and extra-credit. Teachers are idiots anyway. The only challenge out there for me is men. You see a guy you like. You pursue him. You conquer. You move on. It's exciting."

Dr Tate glanced up momentarily to remind him of something he had previously said, "But you said you have the worst reputation."

Kai smirked. "I do."

"Don't you want to change that?"

Kai sighed and leant back in his chair, folding his hands behind his head as he tilted it back to stare at the roof. "Let me tell you something, doctor. Submissive's like a dominant with a bad rap. They say they don't, but they don't mean it. They all think that they're the ones that are going to," the bluenette paused to smirk coldly, "'save me'." he looked back to Judy to find her eyes focused upon him. He gave her an even icier smirk. "The trick is to let them think it's true."

"I think that's all the time we have for today."

Kai straightened back up to stare at his doctor. "Same time next week?"

"No. I think this is going to be our last session."

"Why?" Kai asked, only half disappointed by the news. "I like spending time with you." His eyes trailed at their leisure over her body, and he offered her a small smile, that bordered on being smug. "You know, you're quite attractive for a woman your age. You have killer legs. Killer."

"This isn't a joke Kai." Judy snapped, her cheeks flushing. "Your parents spend a lot of money to send you here. I'm trying to help you."

"Don't be insecure doc, you're a big help." Kai was on his feet, slowly walking over to one of her bookshelves, filled with Freud and Jung books. He picked one of the books of Freud and looked to Judy from the corner of his eye, "He was a coke addict, you know."

Judy scowled darkly, glaring at the sixteen year old. "You think you can come in here with that cute little smirk on your face and try to flirt with me. It doesn't work Kai."

Said smirk widened a touch. "It works a little."

"No, it doesn't." the doctor got out through gritted teeth. "I see right through you."

"You do?" Kai enquired boredly, growing tired of his games with the doctor.

"I hope for your sake you grow out of this immature phase. It's going to get you into trouble."

"Well you don't have to get nasty about it." Kai frowned, feigning hurt. He moved back over to the doctor's desk, picking up his dark sunglasses from where he'd rested them before, as he spotted a picture. Picking it up he eyed the boy framed in gold. His hair was a sunny blonde, just like Judy's. His eyes were a stunning blue, just like Judy's.

Though neither of their eyes, his mind hissed, compared to the beautiful blue eyes of his step-brother. Whose eyes he dreamed about making water with tears as he did all sort of things he shouldn't with the younger...

He shook his head, dismissing the thoughts of Tala as he stared at the photo.

"My son, Max." Judy said from behind him.

Kai gave her one word. One word he knew would piss her off and provide him with a little more entertainment. "Yummy."

"Don't even think about it!" The blonde hissed. "Unlike you Max is an exceptionally well-rounded young man, who happens to be attending //Princeton/ this fall. He's way too smart to fall for your lines of B.S."/

Kai arched a brow, a smirk curling his lips as he set the photo back down. "Really? Care to make a wager on that?"

"Good luck Kai." Judy dismissed him.

"What, nervous I'm going to win?"

"Would you please leave?" She insisted, glaring at the younger male.

Kai put on his glasses, offered her a debonair smirk, and left.

"Asshole." She muttered.

The stunning burgundy eyes blinked open, staring at the white painted roof of the same office he had sat in six months ago when he'd had that conversation with his therapist, Judy Tate. And like most people, she had had her price to keep him on as a patient.

"Kai."

His eyes swayed towards her. No longer did he sit on the chair. He lay on the rather comfortable couch in the office, while she sat in the chair, facing him.

"Kai." She repeated, sighing deeply, tapping her pen against her notepad in agitation. "Let's try and focus." She sighed once more, uncrossing her legs as she shifted in her seat, resting her weight now on the right arm rest rather than the left.

Kai shifted also so he sat on the edge of the couch, staring blankly at the doctor. "What can I possible say? I'm a fool!" He muttered angrily, walking towards the glass wall to look down into the crowded mall below Judy's office.

"You're not a fool." Judy disagreed, sounding rather reluctant about it.

"Yes I am!" Kai said with a bitter laugh, resting his head against the cool glass. "I can't feel sorry for myself just because I'm some poor little rich boy."

Judy heard the tightness in his voice and sighed softly. "It's not your fault." She promised soothingly. "Adolescence is a difficult time. And without great parenting, things can go awry!" She heard a repetitive clunk and looked to Kai, to find him pounding his own head against the glass. "But you have to rise above their mistakes."

Kai turned to face her, letting one side of his body rest on the glass, watching as she reached over to grasp something before stretching out her arm with a falsely warm smile.

"Here." She insisted.

He moved closer and took the object from her hands, a wicked smile curving his lips. "Wow! An autographed copy." He looked back at her with eagerness. "Can I keep this?"

"It's yours." She smiled, waving her hand to him magnanimously, quickly jotting down in her notes, 'Bill for book $$'. She looked back up at him. "You have to stop being so hard on yourself. What is in the past is over."

Kai smiled a little. "You're right." He agreed quietly. "I-It's hard to believe there was once a period in my life when the only thing I could think about was...sex."

Judy smiled at the way he hesitated in saying the word and made a disgusted noise, still smiling. "It's no way to go through life."

Kai nodded. "I know. I mean, take yourself for example...you have killer legs. I think I mentioned it once to you before...I'd love to photograph them..." He drifted off for a moment, staring at the long, lightly sun kissed limbs revealed by her purple pencil skirt before shaking his head, forcing himself back to the present. "But that was the old me." he gave her a small grin. "I'm cured now."

"So proud of you. Session's up." Judy murmured disinterestedly, nodding.

"Same time next week?" Kai enquired politely.

"Oh, didn't I tell you? I'm going on my book tour. I'll be back in a month."

"But why?" Kai asked, his voice in a slightly whining tone.

Judy laughed. "Because other people need my help too." She moved away from the seat and back to her desk, sitting down in her chair and smiling at Kai. "You'll be just fine."

"I hope so." Kai sighed, once again picking up the photograph of Max and smiling. "How's Max doing?"

"Good, good. He just finished his first bunch of exams, excelled on them all."

Kai smirked a little, nodding. It had become a weekly routine, he always asked how Max was doing before he left.

"Remember, if you need anything, anything at all, don't hesitate to call my office." Judy informed, taking the photo from Kai and placing it back on the desk.

"I could use a hug." Kai suggested plaintively, holding out his arms.

Wisely, Judy hesitated. Foolishly, she got out of her seat and moved around the desk to embrace him, only to be pulled tightly against his body as he crushed her in a hug. "All righty, there you go." She murmured in a slightly annoyed tone, moving away from Kai. Her phone rang just as she was about to move back around to her chair and she sighed, hitting the speaker button as Kai stared at her. "Yes?"

/"Your son on line 1."/ Her secretary said over the intercom.

"Put him on hold." Judy brushed off, still looking at Kai. She hit the speaker phone button once more to turn it off and took Kai's elbow, leading him towards the door. "Take care of yourself Kai." She bade as he reached the door.

"Thank you." he said, pausing to lift up the book. "For everything."

Judy nodded, sighing in relief as he walked out the door. "Prick." She muttered under her breath, walking back over to her desk and her forgotten notes, sitting down in her chair and picking up her pencil, writing out a few notes. The phone rang again and she sighed, picking up the receiver. "Yes?"

/"Your son is still holding."/ Her secretary reminded.

"Shit." Judy muttered, slamming the pencil down onto the desk. "Put him through."

/"You kept my on hold!"/ The distraught voice of her son yelled down the phone.

"I'm sorry honey, what's the matter?" Judy asked calmly, leaning back in her plush leather chair, staring down at the file lying beside her notepad, seeing Kai's face smirking up at her.

-

Max sat in his dormitory at the Princeton campus. He was before his computer, tears streaming down his cheeks as he stared at the monitor, a picture stuck to the side with a bit of blue-tack, while several pictures decorated the inside of the screen, the website he was staring at called '155 Sugar Web'.

He sobbed as he stared at them, holding the phone to his ear. "He told me he loved me!" The blonde boy whimpered, squeezing his eyes closed as an animatronics voice said 'Slut', as it did every twenty seconds or so. "I'm so stupid!"

-

Judy frowned a little at hearing the tears in her son's voice. "Alright Max, just calm down. Take a deep breath, step out of the circle," She murmured in a soothing voice, straightening up in her seat as she flipped to a new page in her notebook.

-

"Oh would you just cut your psycho-babble bullshit mom!" Max screeched, staring at the pictures. "There are pictures of me on the internet!"

The title of the first was 'Ivy League Bound', and beneath the caption was a photo of him tied to his bed at the university, smiling, with only a Princeton banner to cover his nudity.

The second was the cover of his mother's book, only modified to the boy in the picture beside the computers will. Instead of Judy sitting in her seat dressed in an expensive lavender suit, was Max smiling coyly in nothing but his birthday suit, legs crossed and one hand supporting his head.

The books title, 'Great Parenting' had had several question marks added to the end, below it at the bottom saying, 'How To Raise The Perfect Slut!' instead of 'How To The Perfect Child'. To the left of the modified cover of Dr Judy Tate's book was a link. 'For more pictures and great parenting tips CLICK HERE!'

/"What kind of pictures?"/ Judy asked angrily, diverting him from his thoughts as he picked up the photo of the boy, trying but being unable to scowl at it.

"Nudie pictures!" He exploded, sobbing once more. "What do you think?!"

/"CHRIST! HOW COULD YOU BE SO STUPID?!"/

Max's breath hitched as he whimpered, staring down into the smirking face that had done this to him. "He was j-just so...charming..."

-

Judy's face was contorted into a mask of rage, glaring at her non-present son. This kind of thing could ruin her! /"...and all he said was how I had killer legs..."/

'You're quite attractive for a woman you're age...you have killer legs...killer...'

The blue eyes widened drastically as the words played back in her ears. /"...and how he'd love to photograph them..."/

'He's way too smart to fall for your lines of B.S.'

'Really? Care to make a wager on that?'

/"...and things just got completely out of hand!"/

'What, nervous I'm going to win?'

-

"Mom?" Max asked when he got no reply. No screaming. No yelling. Not even breathing. Just silence. "Are you there?"

His fists clenched and he dropped his picture of his now ex-boyfriend Kai Hiwatari.

"MOTHER!!!!"

-

In Judy's office everything was silent apart from Max's quiet scream down the line. The receiver swung from side to side, hanging down the desk, swaying. The door slammed shut.

-

Kai smirked a little as he paused by a trashcan, staring down at the book as he smirked, dropping it inside. He was about to start walking again when he heard a banging and someone screaming his name and turned back around, to see Judy standing at the high glass wall of her reception one floor above him, pounding on the glass with her fists, her face set in an almost insane snarl.

He grinned nastily, putting his hands in his pockets as he stared up at her smugly. Other people were also watching her, a world renowned child psychiatrist, screaming and slamming her fists against the glass. She was definitely ruined now. This thought made his grin widen.

"KAI! You're going to pay for this, you little shit! You hear me? You sicko! Pervert!"

Kai arched a brow and tilted his head to the left, pretending to try and hear her better -knowing it would only enrage her further- as he continued to stare up at her.

"What's her problem?"

Kai turned at the soft voice to find an attractive man standing beside him. He was probably a year or so younger than he himself, but he smirked charmingly, Judy completely dismissed from his mind. "Looks like someone's in need of some therapy." He said smoothly, causing the guy to giggle. In the background he heard Judy screaming again and shot her a quick look to see her shoving a security guard away from her, telling him to fuck off.

He turned back to the boy. "So what's your name?"

"Wyatt." He replied, smiling.

"Wyatt?" He repeated, eyebrows furrowing slightly.

Wyatt nodded.

"God, you're beautiful." He said, with a little less effort than usual.

Wyatt brushed some hair back from his eyes embarrassedly, smiling. "Thank you."

"I'm going to take you to lunch." Kai decided, to which Wyatt nodded and breathed out an 'okay'. Both turned and walked away from Judy's ranting, Kai slipping his hand around Wyatt's as they walked.

-

There we go, there's the prologue. Please R&R, I'll see you all in two weeks! Hasta!
Sign up to rate and review this story