Categories > Games > Final Fantasy X-2 > Silver buckles and black belts

chapter 4

by lulusmage 0 reviews

chapter 4^^

Category: Final Fantasy X-2 - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Paine, Other - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-04-28 - Updated: 2006-04-28 - 1252 words

0Unrated
I disclaim everything square enix owns.


I know I said I was writing this straight after my last chapter, I kind of still am but my tank of a laptop keeps crashing stresses, although I might try and stop off school tomorrow because I have a college interview in the morning but if I talk to my mum nicely she might let me take a full day off, :P. Anyways enough drabble and babble and on with the story.


Chapter IV


That night was indeed a very good party. Everyone in the village stayed up until well past midnight dancing to the Besaid island band around the bonfire, only when ashes were left was when people started to retire.


Crickets sung in the trees replacing the music of the band with their own. There were few people still awake, the gullwings and Wakka and Lulu being the majority of those. The time was approximately three am and already the moon was beginning to retire to the sun. The bonfire had well burnt itself out but still a young couple and Wakka and Datto cuddled around it along with the four women.


"Those two are sweet aren't they?" Rikku chirped looking toward Wakka and Datto.
"Yeah they are", said Yuna with a giggle. "I would have never thought Wakka was gay, he always seemed so 'masculine' and he used to be strictly against gays when he was a yevonite", she added.


"I know what you're saying. I've known him all my life and never knew it, although he sometimes acted a little gay", spoke Lulu.


She almost wished she kept her point of view to herself when she caught sight of the mischievous glimmer in Rikku's eyes.


"Like you huh?" Rikku 'accidentally' stated.
"Prey tell Rikku, what exactly are you implying?" Lulu shot out at Rikku in a tone colder than the ice she could conjure.

"Oh nothing I suppose, I just know what I saw" She replied with a little sarcasm and a little terror.


"Go on Rikku tell me...us what you saw!"
"Are you sure you want me to?"
"Yes"


Paine just sat back and tried not to say a thing but Yuna didn't like seeing her friends arguing so she added her two pennyworths.


"Stop it guys, I don't like-"
"I saw you and Paine kiss each other", Rikku shouted cutting Yuna off and recoiling like a snake into a ball, scared of what either Lulu or Paine would do to her.


There was a deathly silence between the women; all had looks of utter shock on their faces. Rikku had obviously shouted her 'statement' very loud as the young couple had went inside and Wakka and Datto were headed this way.


"Guys why are ya arguing?" he asked, a very puzzled look plastered in his face.
"W-w-we're not, arguing Wakka", stuttered Yuna.
"You sure?" he asked obviously worried.
"Yes", Yuna replied.
"Ok if you're sure, if you need me I'm just in my hut with Datto, ya" With that Wakka went into his hut with his boyfriend.


"Wakka has the right idea, I think I'll take a leaf out of his book and go to bed too", Rikku said as she jumped up red in the face and started to head off toward the crusader's lodge.


"Rikku, I think you need to stay!" Paine shouted at her.
"Mmmm", she mumbled skulking back to the place where she just left.


The four women sat in a small circle, Rikku in dread, Yuna in shock and Paine and Lulu both in anger and embarrassment.


"I just want to say one thing. Its not that I'm against gays I mean I kind of realised that you both 'liked' each other, but I never knew you both took it this far. I mean it's just two; no three of my best friends knew something very important and haven't told me. I just want to know where we all stand with each other, because what Rikku just said can effect all of our relationships with one another", Yuna stated with a calm and serine look upon her face.


"Well to be truthful Yuna yes you were right in saying I liked Lulu because Rikku was right we did kiss, and assuming that she meant it, then yes I believe she likes me too", Paine tried to explain in a calm manner, without her want to kill Rikku overtake her.


Lulu felt the heat rise in her face as Paine said that. Rikku was still red in the face too from embarrassment of what she said; she knew that she'd pay.


"Lulu?" Yuna questioned giving the mage a chance to have her say.
"Yes, what Paine and Rikku say is correct, although I honestly did not know that Rikku had saw us".


"Yeah I wasn't gonna say, I was trying to act as if I never knew but I got kind of, jealous. Because I've never kissed anyone before, and I'm sorry I never wanted to hurt anyone", Rikku apologised head facing the ground.


"Its okay Rikku I know you never meant it hurtfully", Lulu sympathised stroking the thief's back tenderly.


"Yes, what Lulu said", Paine agreed causing Rikku to spring up from the ground and give the warrior and the mage a group hug, which made both Lulu and Paine get excited from being in close proximity with each other.


"Ok guys, I'm going to bed now, tired", Rikku ran off as quick as she could into the crusader's lodge, leaving Paine and Lulu with their arms around each other.


Why is she keeping hold of me? Rikku isn't here now, she can't like me that much can she? Pondered Paine.


Yuna got up a little embarrassed, "I'm glad that we're all clear with each other, but I'll go to bed too now, Goodnight".


"Goodnight Yuna", Lulu said leaving go of Paine like molten lava as she realised what she was doing. Paine stood up too now and looked down at Lulu.


"I'm rather tired too. Tomorrow will probably be a long day for me; we still haven't found that sphere we came for. So...well..."she trailed off from awkwardness and loss for words.


"Goodnight?" chuckled Lulu as she too stood up, although keeping eye contact with Paine.
"Yes, goodnight", Paine turned toward the lodge leaving a disappointed Lulu behind.


Come on Lulu, it's not hard, just ask her if she wants to stay in your hut.


"Paine", Lulu weakly called after her, head sunk to the floor.
Paine turned to face the unusually bashful Lulu, "Yes?"
"Erm...you don't have to stay in the lodge if you don't want, you can stay in m-m-my hut if you want", she left the ball in Paine's court.


She's asking me to stay with her. I know I would love to but, I just hope she's not expecting anything, maybe I should just say I'm fine, maybe...

"Well...sure I'll stay with you, if you're sure that's what you want", Paine said finding it hard to breathe.

Lulu nodded finding words had escaped her. She entered her hut, Paine behind her, and with a daring moment Paine touched Lulu's.....


cackles evilly mwahaha, what did Paine touch? And what will happen in the hut and the next day? Hmmm....you'll all have to wait until the next chapter :P. Although that won't be long, probably erm well...tomorrow, lol :D. Yeah that's if my mum lets me off school, lets all hope and pray people.
Sign up to rate and review this story