Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We're In This Together

One

by connor_constantine 5 reviews

When "Caught Up In This Webs" Connor Constantine receives a call from Trent Reznor's manager after TIC's tour with MCR, Connor gets to be the touring guitarist for Nine Inch Nails. FICTION.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-07-01 - Updated: 2010-07-13 - 870 words

2Funny
Ring

Silence

Ring

I began to stir and my eyelids half-fluttered.

Ring

My eyes snapped open and I looked around. I suddenly began to remember where I was. Our tour with My Chemical Romance had just finished the night before and we were having a celebratory party at Gerard's house.

It wasn't until the next ring that I realized my phone was actually ringing. I fumbled my hands to get the phone out of my pocket. When I got it out I pressed the talk button.

"Hello?"

"Is this Connor Constantine? Of The Infamous Crime?"

"Yes." I answered. "Who is this?"

"I am Trent Reznor’s manager."

My eyes opened wide. Holy crap! I thought.

"Am I dreaming?" I said, unaware that I was speaking out loud.

The man on the other end chuckled and said "I can assure you, you are not dreaming."

I jumped, clearly excited and put the phone back to my ear.

"Yes, yes." I said. "What are you calling about?"

Before he could respond, Taylor ran up and yelled "Put on your clothes, Connor!"

"Sssh! Dammit, Taylor, this is important!" I yelled, covering the phone. Then I uncovered it and said, "Still there?"

"Yes, I am. And I have some very important business to talk to you about."

I ran into the other room to assure that no one would mess this up.

"Continue." I said.

"Mr. Reznor saw your band perform a cover of his song We're In This Together on YouTube and he thought you were a very talented guitarist."

My eyes opened wide and, realizing what I was about to do, I covered my mouth and held in a loud "Woo hoooo!!"

I put my ear back up to the phone and continued to listen.

"Anyways, he thought that you would be a great touring guitarist for his upcoming With Teeth tour."

"Really? Me?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes, you. He occasionally switches touring members and he thought you would be great for a tour of With Teeth, because there are a lot more guitar parts on this album."

My mouth was wide open, and I could do nothing but listen.

"Anyways…" He paused. "Uh, you still there, kid?"

I blinked and shook my head. "Yes! Yes, I’m still here."

He let out a great big laugh. "Anyways, as I was saying, maybe we could meet sometime and talk this through more?"

"Uh, yeah, yeah. That would be great!" I said, excited.

"Good. Mr. Reznor will be happy to hear that you are interested. So, how about this Thursday? Meet at Nothing Records?"

"Okay," I said, getting more and more excited.

"See you then?" He said, and the phone clicked off.

I let out a big yell and did a fist pump. Amy and Taylor ran into the room.

"What?!" They both yelled simultaniously.

"I've just been offered to go on tour with Nine Inch Nails for their With Teeth tour." I said, with a big smile on my face.

It was quiet for several seconds, then Taylor broke the silence with a loud "Bull!"

"I'm not lying!" I argued.

"Why would they want you to tour with them?"

"Trent's manager told me that Trent thinks I've got great guitar skills."

Once again, it was silent. Then Taylor began cackling with laughter.

"It's not that funny," I said.

Taylor fell to her knees and screamed with laughter. I rolled my eyes and waited.

"Sorry.. Sorry." She said, panting, as she began to stand back up. She giggled a little then slowly looked at me and let out a huge laugh. She fell to the floor and began to roll around.

Amy kicked her and put her hand on my shoulder, walking into another room with me.

"Did Trent's manager really call?" She asked.

"Yes!" I said. "He wants me to meet him at Nothing Records this Thursday!"

Taylor walked into the room.

"Whew," she said, wiping her hand across her forhead.

I looked at her, annoyed, and said "Is it really that hard to believe? I mean, seriously, we went on tour with MCR!"

"Yeah, WE went on tour with MCR. All of us. It wasn't your guitar skills that got us here." She said, giggling a little. "If anyone tours with Nine Inch Nails, it should be me! I'm clearly the more skilled guitarist."

"You don't even play guitar in the band!" Amy shouted.

"So! I’m still better." She said, pouting a little.

"Ok, you're better." I said. "But I'm still the one who gets to tour with Nine Inch Nails."

"Yes! You admitted it!" She ran into the other room yelling.

"Maybe we shouldn't let her drink anymore." I said.

"Definitely." Amy responded. "Now, continue talking about what this manager told you."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Well that's the first chapter of what takes place after Amy_Revenge's book ends. Her book isn't done yet, though. This is just my idea of what takes place after the tour in her book. It's called Caught Up In This Web, if you don't know.

And I know Nothing Records is no longer around. This book isn't real. It's fiction.

Also, My Chemical Romance will be in some of the chapters that are coming up.
Sign up to rate and review this story