Categories > Original > Romance

Seasons In The Sun

by scentlessapprentice 0 reviews

We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2010-07-15 - Updated: 2010-07-17 - 459 words - Complete

0Unrated
I leaned my head back against the cool brick wall, somehow fitting my whole body into the small sliver of shade there was. The sun was really killing me this summer. I closed my eyes as I sighed, finally finding myself feeling content ever sinse he left. I was now staying with my cousin, unable to stay in that depressing place for much longer. It reminded me too much of him and I could barely stand being in the front doorway. The pain was unbearable. But then again, I can get pretty sappy and emotional.
I cracked open my eyes and leaned my head slightly forward. The streets were mostly empty this time of day, it was of course summer, all the kids would sleep in late after staying up until the early hours of the morning, and most adults still worked despite their kids' vacation.
My train of thought was interrupted when suddenly a blurred figure in the bright distance caught my eye. I swear my eyesight gets worse everyday with the amount of time I spend staring at TV screens...
As the figure came closer, I could see what, well who, it was much clearer. That's better...
And then it hit me. I recognized those ripped jeans anyhwere. I smiled to myself as I realized he was walking towards my spot against this dark brick wall. I swear my heart almost stopped completely the moment he flashed that gentle, almost childlike smile at me.
He stood in front of me, only mere inches from my face. I haven't seen him in so long, it was almost like a dream as his familiar scent filled my hungry nostrils.
I admired every bit of him; his bright blue eyes, that long blond hair...
I was snapped out of my trance when I felt his lips lightly brush against mine. So softly as if it hadn't really happened. Like a butterfly had touched down on my lips.
Mesmerized, I leaned forward and placed my lips onto his, wrapping my arms around his neck. He kissed back eagerly, slipping his arms around my waist. At first it was soft, sweet and gentle. Then it turned more deep and passionate quickly. I didn't mind, of course. But then we remembered we're humans. We pulled away from each other, refilling our lungs with the warm morning air. He kissed me once more before redirecting his lips to my cheekbone to my earlobe to my jaw to my neck, kissing so softly and occasionally biting playfully.
Suddenly he stopped as he looked up at me, reminding me of where we were.
I sighed as we separated, only to lace out fingers together and head to our apartment. Dear lord, how I missed this man.
Sign up to rate and review this story