Categories > Original > Fantasy

Mayor Rabbit

by diamontique 0 reviews

Animals want to the Rabbit Mayor dead for all of the tings he has done. Will the Mayor get out alive?

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-07-16 - Updated: 2010-07-17 - 541 words - Complete

0Unrated
The Rabbit was in his hole in the forest that was the abode of all the animals. They began to keep watch on him in that house because they intended to kill him, bu they were not able to kill him as they had planned. They had wanted to smash him to pieces.

On one particular day, Bear, Snake, Goat, Turtle, and Possum were standing around Rabbit's hole, waiting for him to come out. Possum said, "Make him come out so that he will die right now."

Bear said, "Don't let him escape. That good-for-nothing Mayor has deceived us too many times. Well, now he's surely going to be finished. We're going to finish him off. Be on your guard and don't let him get away."

Snake added, "We're going to smash him to pieces for there's a lot of us. Pity him."

Goat bleated, "Compared to all of us, he's nothing. We are many against one."

Turtle finished with, "I hope now he will pay for the crimes he has committed against us. That's why he must die now."

Bear , the leader of the group, said after a moment, "All right. Look to see when he comes out and we'll all pile on top of him. I will call him out." After a few seconds, bear called out into Rabbit's hole, "Come on out Mayor. Hurry."

The Rabbit Mayor didn't answer right away. He was making a plan to get out of this. He sat in his burrow, thinking of what he should do. Finally, he had a plan. Rabbit called out to the animals outside his burrow, "Wait. I am taking off my sandal."

Bear replied, "But hurry."

To this, Rabbit said, "Wait, I'm coming out. Wait for me there. Alright."

Snake said, "Quickly!"

Rabbit rejoined, "I'm coming out now. But first, catch my sandal, I beg you."

Bear told his gang, "Catch his sandal. Throw it over there. It's not as if it were your father's sandal, that you are obliged to carry it."

Bear then said to Rabbit in his hole, "Alright, Mayor. Throw your sandal."

Rabbit jumped out of his hole, and landed outside the burrow, for all of the animals to see. Astonishingly, the animals though that Rabbit was the sandal! Bear said, "There's the sandal."

They gave it to the goat and he threw it away. They didn't know that it was Mayor they were throwing. They continued to shout into the hole, think that Rabbit was still inside. When they realized that he wasn't answering them, they were sad. They sent the snake into the hole. After a while, Snake said, "He's not here; he came out. Maybe it was him we threw."

Bear told the snake to come out, since they could find no trace of the the Mayor. Afterward they began to kill each other on account of the Rabbit Mayor.

Far away, in a different part of the forest, Mayor Rabbit sat on a small hill. Looking out in the scenery. He muttered, "Someday, you'll pay for the crimes you have committed against me, the Mayor. You wanted to kill me, but you weren't able to. Just wait and see what's going to happen to you later on."

The End
Sign up to rate and review this story