Categories > Original > Mystery

Paranoid Insomnia

by scentlessapprentice 0 reviews

Happens to me quite frquently.

Category: Mystery - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Published: 2010-07-26 - Updated: 2010-07-26 - 204 words - Complete

1Exciting
Sinking, and shutting down. Sinking, and shutting down. Sinking, and shutting down...
GAH! I sigh hopelessly, as I reopen my eyes, sure that I can't possibly get to sleep yet. I sit up, scanning the room for that familiar green bible. That usually does the trick...
I reach over to the nightstand and grab the thick book while turning on the extremely bright lamp to read.
"The Renewal of Zion
In that day the Branch of the LORD shall be beautiful and..."
What was that? My wide eyes look up from the page, searching around for any slight changes that could've caused that weird noise. I try to shrug off the uneasy feeling as I go back to my bible.
"glorious; And all the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and..."
What the hell?!
Creeking noises from the hallway. Must just be gravity pulling on the house, right?
"appealing for those of Israel who have escaped"
More creaking. This is really getting to me now. I set the bible safely down on the bed as I got up to go see what those noises were. My hand became shakey as I gripped the doorknob, pulling open the door to reveal something slightly shocking...
Sign up to rate and review this story