Categories > Original > Romance > It's Your Love

I. Breathe

by RhiannonLeighBlack 1 review

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-08-08 - Updated: 2010-08-08 - 334 words

1Hot
Disclaimer: Lyrics belong to Lifehouse.

The most beautiful sight in the world was the one right in front of him.

Patrick stared unabashedly at his wife as she slept next to him, her skin still flushed from their earlier activities, and her breathing even and deep. Moonlight filtered through the window, acting almost like a spotlight on her face.

"She looks like a fallen angel…" he mused, resisting the urge to move the hair away from her face.

He dared not touch her anymore than he already was at the moment, for fear of waking her. She looked so beautiful, and so at peace that he couldn't bear to disturb her. He would never have thought that such an innocent looking creature would be capable of the things Tina had done to him not even an hour earlier, but she had, and the bite marks on his neck and chest were proof of that.

She moaned quietly in her sleep, unconsciously turning her body so that it was facing him, and cuddling close to his torso. The scent of coconuts drifted up from her hair, engulfing his mind completely and overwhelming his senses.

"Is this really mine? Forever? Did I actually marry this woman, or am I dreaming?"

"Patrick…"

She mumbled his name in her sleep, her arms snaking around him and hugging him close, and her face nuzzling into his neck. He smiled, pressing a chaste kiss to the top of her head as she continued to sleep, completely unaware that her husband was totally enthralled with her.

His smile widened and he hummed a familiar tune softly to himself, the lyrics playing in his head as he continued to watch Tina just lying there, breathing, and holding him close.

"I am hanging on every word you say and, even if you don't wanna speak tonight, that's alright, alright with me, cause I want nothing more than to sit at heaven's door and listen to you breathing, is where I wanna be, yeah…"
Sign up to rate and review this story