Categories > Celebrities > Simple Plan > I Wish I Could Save You - Pierre Bouvier

Memories Kept in Boxes

by greengrapefruit 0 reviews

Pierre's anger towards Beth just keeps getting worse and a dirty little secret from the past is revealed!

Category: Simple Plan - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Chuck Comeau,David Desrosiers,Jeff Stinco,Patrick Langlois,Pierre Bouvier,Sebastien Lefebvre - Published: 2010-08-12 - Updated: 2010-08-12 - 1622 words

1Moving
Rachel and I thought it was best that we didn’t visit Jay that evening. Rachel also suggested that I stay at her place, to get away from everyone for a night. But, getting away from everyone didn’t help clear my mind at all. By the time sun peaked through the window in the morning, I’d answered a lot of my own questions. I realized, I didn’t have to leave Montreal just because of Pierre. I was going to stay no matter what. I figure there’s lots of oppertunities here for journalism. I can try something new.

“So,” Rachel started as she poured both of us a pot of coffee, “Anything you want to do today?”

“See Jay.” I replied.

“Okay…” She pleaced the cup infront of me at the table and took a seat, “But I mean something fun. We could catch a movie, or go shopping.

“I don’t know…” I sipped on my coffee.

“Beth, You’ve been here almost a week and you’ve done nothing but make yourself more miserable. It’ll be nice to go out, take your mind off things, I promise.” She smiled.

“The beach.” I smiled, “Let’s go to the beach.”

“Oh, you don’t want to see this stomach in a bikini,” she joked.

“We don’t have to go swimming.”

“Yeah, okay.” She smiled.

Jeff finally appeared in the kitchen rubbing his eyes, and looking very tired, “Morning ladies.” He managed a smile regardless, then kissed Rachel on the cheek.

Rachel turned to Jeff, “You got in late last night.”

“Yeah, sorry.” He poured himself a cup of coffee and joined us at the table, “We spent another few hours at the hospital after Pierre left. He only listened to us for about two minutes, then stormed out. Anyways, then we had a meeting with the lable and he didn’t show up.”

“That’s not like Pierre.” Rachel said, “Where could he be?”

Jeff shrugged, “Probably his apartment.”

“Pierre still has an apartment?” I asked , “I thought he still lives at home.”

“Yeah, He does. He said he sold the apartment when Jay went in the hospital. He wanted to be with his parents through this. But he never sold it.” Jeff explained.

“Have you tried calling him?” Rachel asked.

“His phone is off. Oh and Bethany, Louise wants us to go over there today to help her with something.”

“What?”

“I’m not sure. But, She wants us over there soon.”

“Awh! There go our beach plans!” Rachel pouted.
When Jeff and I got to the Bouvier house the rest of the guys were already there. They were standing on the front porch, Seb was having a smoke while David and Chuck complained.

“It’s just gross, man.” I over heard Chuck stay and we walked towards them.

“Well look, they’re here now, we can go inside.” Seb flicked his smoke. I walked up the steps towards him and gave him a hug. “Thanks for leaving a note or something.” He complained.

“Sorry, I forgot.” I decided not to tell them about Pierre’s visit last night.
“Shall we?” Jeff asked, turning the front door nob.

“We’re here!” David yelled as soon as he could get through the door.

Mrs.Bouvier hurried into the living room, “Hey kids,” She smiled lightly, “Where’s Pierre?”

We all looked around at each other, unaware of what to tell her.

“Oh, never mind.” She continued and beckoned us all into the living room where there was 7 big boxes piled on the floor, “I’d like you kids to go through the boxes, and find some stuff you’d think Jay would enjoy. Picture’s and such.”

David was already opening a bix when he said, “Picture’s, eh? Maybe we can find some embarassing ones!”

“Oh and Jeff,” Mrs.Bouvier pointed to one of the smalled boxes, “That’s baby stuff for you. Some of it might be a little out dated.”

“That’s great, Louise.” Jeff gave her a quick hug.

Louise disappeared in to the kitchen to make dinner and we all grabbed a box. My box was full of broken Hot Wheels, children’s books and pictures, all organized neatly in to stacks and held together with elastic bands. I grabbed one stack, remoced the band and started to look through them. The first few pictures were of Pierre and Jay, really young and close enough in age that the could have passed as twins. The next was Chuck and Pierre, ten years old maybe?

I laughed, “Look at this!” I passed the picture on to Chuck who laughed.

“Look at my teeth!” Chuck passed the photo around.

“What teeth?” David joked.

“Look what I’ve got.” Seb passed around a picture that was all of us in Pierre’s backyard swimming around the time we all met.

“I’m glad Seb cut his hair!” David blurted out, laughing a little.

“I’m glad we got you to hold still for a picture.” Sebastien retorted.

“Beth, you still look the same.” Jeff smiled.

“But with bigger boobs.” David joked, and I lightly punched him in the shoulder, “I’m kidding!
You’re boobs haven’t gotten any bigger.”

“Hey there’s some tapes in this one,” Chuck announced, pulling a pile of home videos from the box and reading the labels, “Vacation, 98. Alien, 99. Anything, 99. They’re our songs.”

“Oh yeah,” Seb said, reaching for one of the tapes, “Pierre used to record himself singing and playing guitar in his room. You know, so he could improve.

“Throw one in!” David insisted, grabbing the tape from Seb and putting it in the VCR player. He grabbed the remote, and hit play.

The video played. Pierre sat down on his bed, infront of the camera, with his guitar and introdiced the song, “Hi, I’m Pierre, my band is Simple Plan and this is I’d Do Anything.” And he started to play.

Another day is going by
I'm thinking about you all the time
But you're out there
And I'm here waiting


“I’m glad he got better.” David joked.

“Hey, look at the date. Beth’s birthday!” Chuck smiled.

“Makes sense.” Seb mumbled.

And I wrote this letter in my head
Cuz so many things were left unsaid
But now you're gone
And I can't think straight
This could be the one last chance
To make you understand


I started laughing, almost uncontrolably as I kept watching.

“What’s so funny?” Chuck asked.

“Nothing… this is just my first time listening to a Simple Plan song.”

“What!” David jumped up.

“Seriously?” Seb asked.

“Yeah,” I nodded. “Other then the songs you played at band practice that one time.”

“That’s not funny!” David announced, over dramatically.

“What is funny is that this song is about Beth.” Chuck pointed out.

“Really?” My attention went back to the video and I was suddenly more interested in it.

I'd do anything
Just to hold you in my arms
To try to make you laugh
Cuz somehow I can't put you in the past
I'd do anything
Just to fall asleep with you
Will you remember me?
Cuz I know
I won't forget you

Together we broke all the rules
Dreaming of dropping out of school
And leave this place
To never come back

So now maybe after all these years
If you miss me have no fear
I'll be here
I'll be waiting

This could be the one last chance to make you understand
And I just can't let you leave me once again

I'd do anything
Just to hold you in my arms
To try to make you laugh
Cause somehow I can't put you in the past
I'd do anything
Just to fall asleep with you
Will you remember me?
Cuz I know
I won't forget you


Before he could finish the song, you could hear Louise in the background yell his name. So he put the guitar down and walked out of the room.

“He just left the tape running?” Jeff asked as we watched the empty room.
Chuck started to fastforward it, “Man, he left it running all night.”

“What?” I asked, getting a feeling of panic in the pit of my stomach. “You shouldn’t be watching this, it’s private.”

“Hey! I think he’s got a girl in the room!” David shouted.

“You should really turn this off.” I was ignored.

“It’s too dark to see her face.” David complained. All four guys leaned closer to the TV to get a closer look. Seb was the first to lean back and look at me. I bit my lip. Finally, Chuck paused the video and they all laid back. There I was on the screen, in Pierre’s room, slipping my shirt over my head, pressed up against Pierre who’s arms are wrapped around me.

“Beth?” David, Finally, said.

“It’s not what you think!” I defended myself.

“It’s exactly what I think!” David said, “You’re about to have sex with Pierre.”

“You cheated on Jay?” Jeff asked.

“No! Jay and I weren’t dating yet.”

“But he asked you out only a few hours before this happened.” Seb snapped, looking pissed.

“But I hadn’t answered him yet!” I argued, “I don’t need to explain anything to you.” I hurried out of the house and down the sidewalk as I called Rachel.

“Hello?” She answered, sounding like her usual cheerful self.

“Rachel, Where’s Pierre’s apartment?” I asked.

She gave me the adress and apartment number then asked, “Why?”

“I’ll tell you later.” I replied, hanging up and calling a cab.
Sign up to rate and review this story