Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Hot & Cold

Beat Again

by MCR_Vampire_321 1 review

Chloe and Hollie lecture Lucy about her feelings for Gerard.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2010-08-16 - Updated: 2010-08-16 - 1949 words - Complete

0Unrated
Lucy's POV...

I arrived home alone after school. My parents were still at work (Which was good, they were still mad at me for slapping Gerard). Chloe had gone to a movie with Frank and Hollie was at Mikey's house. They invited me along, but I knew Gerard would be there and I was in no mood to see him. Normally this is where the voices would pop up, saying that I wanted to see him. But I truely didn't. The voices actually agreed with me this time. I had been so close to kissing him, he had been so close to kissing me... It was scaring me.
I ran upstairs, tore into my bedroom, slammed the door behind me and jumped onto my bed, putting my face into the pillow. And I lay there, starting to cry. I had the whole house to myself, but I just wanted to stay in my room.
Suddenly I heard the door close downstairs. "Lucy, I came home 'cos I don't feel too good!" I heard Hollie yell. Great.
I heard her softly padding up the stairs, and then the timid knock on my door.
"Y'ello?" I called, letting her know she could come in. She opened the door, walked in and shut it again behind her.
"Are you okay?" She asked, and I felt the bed sink as she sat next to me.
I rolled my eyes, annoyed "I'm fine. What's wrong with you?" I snapped at her.
She didn't understand "I've got a headache, but let's never mind that..." I felt her hand touch my shoulder, in an effort to comfort me. I shook her off. She sighed in a tone which I was indecisive of as to whether it was frustration or pity. "I just don't understand why you're so mean to Gerard."
"He. Hates. J. L. S!" I reminded her, though I knew I wasn't kidding anyone.
"So what? Neither do me and Chloe but you don't bitch or lash out at us." She was silent for a minute "Everyone knows you fancy him."
I would've turned around, ready to start a funny-slap fight with her, we'd laugh, watch a movie with a popcorn and everything would be okay. But if I rolled over, she'd see I'd been crying.
"I hate him." I told her.
"Whatever. I'm going to bed, my head hurts. So does my stomach." She got up "But you should just learn to accept your feelings for Ger-"
I through a pillow at her before she could finish her sentence. I knew it would upset her, but I didn't want her to end the sentence. She just sighed again and walked out.
I felt a little bad. It wasnt Hollie's fault that I was in such a crap mood. I blamed Gerard ofcourse. I didn't come out of my room until our Mum came home.
I went downstairs, after gently wiping my eyes so she wouldn't see I had been crying, and smiled at her "Hi Mum."
"Hello." She looked in the living room "Where are your sisters?"
I get the impressiong Mum likes me more than my sisters, but she still cares "Hollie's in her room resting, she doesn't feel too good. Chloe is out with Frank."
"She could've asked first." Chloe was in trouble when she got home "How was school today?" She narrowed her eyes at me "You didn't slap that boy again did you?"
"No." I said casually "I pushed him down a flight of stairs."
Her jaw practically hit the floor "What!?"
"Joke Mom, I barely spoke to him." I told her, which wasn't really a lie. After form I had avoided him.
"Are Chloe and Frank still going out? Hollie and Mikey?"
"They've been going out one day Mom." I laughed "Chloe isn't that much of a player. And anyway, why would Chloe go to the cinema with Frank if they had broken up?"
"What about Hollie and Mikey?"
"They're still togethor. Hollie went over to Mikey's, but she started feeling ill so she came home."
"Ahh well, I'm going to see how she is. Phone Chloe and tell her I want her home now."
"What if the movie isn't finished?"
"Tell her I don't give a shit." She said, walking out of the kitchen and up the stairs.
My mom will swear around us, and she says we can say crap around her... But if we say anything else we are grounded. I don't swear, Hollie and Chloe do a lot, but not in front of our mom.
I picked up my mobile and rang Chloe "What?" Chloe sounded pissed off. Okay, so I swear a little...
"Mom says you have to get your ass home."
"But I'm busy!"
"Snogging Frank's face off?"
"Maybe I am, tell her the movie's still on."
"She already told me that she doesn't care," Or something along those lines "She wants you at home."
"Eugh. Tell her I'll be home in ten minutes." Then she hung up.
"Where's Chloe then?" Mom asked, coming back into the kitchen. She started looking for something.
"I dunno, but she said she'll be home in ten minutes. What are you looking?"
"The thermometor. I wanna check Hollie's temperature. And I bet Chloe's about two minutes away from the house, she just wants to stay out longer with her boyfriend." She found the thermometor and went back upstairs.
I agreed with her. Maybe Chloe was right outside the house, snogging Franks face off. I convinced myself so badly, that I had to go and look out the living room window. She wasn't there. But I half expected that.
I felt like hiding out in my room for a while. I knew what would happen when Chloe got home. Mom would yell at her for not asking if she could go out, then she'd come and find me to quiz me about Gerard.
So I did go to my room and turned my iPod onto full blast. I started listening to JLS. I would put it in my CD player, but Mum seemed to think Hollie's headache was something pretty serious. Probably best if I didn't.
When I was changing song, I heard the frontdoor slam downstairs. "I'M HOME!" Chloe yelled.
I put on Beat Again before I heard anything else.
I was sitting there, doing my Maths homework, when suddenly my door swung open. Hollie atleast has some respect for privacy. Chloe just enters rooms without knocking at all. She once walked in our parents doing 'it'... She just walked away, laughing.
"Listen to me Lucy!" She said, pulling out my headphones "I would yell at you, but it'd annoy Hollie. Now anyway, why are you being so mean to Gerard?"
"He hates JLS!" I hissed, getting angry again.
"That's not the reason." She told me, raising her eye-brows "Me and Hollie hate JLS, but-"
"Yeah, yeah, I don't lash out at you two. I've already had this speech off of Hollie."
"And if you didn't like Hollie's speech, you're going to hate mine." Chloe giggled "I'm not as soft as Hollie. I will just tell you things the way they are. And the truth is that you fancy Gerard Way."
"I don't!" I snapped "Why does everyone keep saying it?" Is it that obvious?
"You're acting like a Year Two." She laughed "Like when the guy picked on the girl because he liked her. Now the roll's are reversed."
"I'm trying to do my homework." I said, grabbing my book and a pen. I began frantically answering questions about fractions.
"I'd actually better do mine," Chloe got off my bed and walked to the door. She paused and turned back to me "But you totally fancy him." Then she left.
I know. I just don't like it.

Gerard's POV...[**]

I stood by the front-gate's, waiting for Mikey to show up. He seemed to be taking forever. But finally he arrived, holding hands with Hollie. "Gee, is it cool if Hollie comes home with us?"
"Ofcourse it is." I smiled at her. She smiled back. Atleast she wouldn't call me a loser or something worse...
"We asked Lucy if she wanted to come," Mikey said, as we started walking down the road "But she didn't want to come."
"She fancies you." Hollie suddenly said, making me jump. Not because she had spoken, but her words sort of shocked me...
"No she doesn't." I looked away, I didn't want them to see me blushing.
"She does. She didn't exactly tell me she fancies you, but you can just tell."
"Then why is she so mean to me?" I asked, looking back at her. She just shrugged.
"Lucy doesn't like loving anyone that isn't in her family. She hates it even more when they're a JLS hater."
I just sighed and lost myself in thought while Hollie and Mikey started talking about cool bands.
I liked that Mikey had found a girlfriend, one who actually listened to him. He once had a girlfriend called Sophie who either ignored him or disagreed with everything he said, didn't attend dates with him without a word of warning, called him names and humiliated him in anyway she could. It was good to see that he could move on... But I was also jealous at why it was so easy for him. Why he could get a girlfriend before me. And they had only just met, and already they were so close they might aswell have known each other for years.
"Well?" I turned to look at Hollie and Mikey. They were staring at me, as if waiting for an answer.
"What?"
"I said, do you like her back?" Hollie asked.
"Who?"
"Lucy ofcourse!"
"Oh," I looked forwards, just in time, I nearly hit a lamp-post "I mean, I want to be her friend and stuff... But she hates me."
"She doesn't hate you!" She re-assured me "She just doesn't like loving you."
"That brings me joy." I said sarcastically and Hollie blushed.
"Sorry." I said. Chloe had already told me how easy it was to upset Hollie.
"It's okay." She said, shrugging. But her face started turning it's normal colour.
"Here's our house." Mikey said, pointing at it. Hollie smiled, so I guess she liked it.
I unlocked the front door for us. Our parents worked late every night. We only really saw them at weekends.
"What do you wanna do?" Mikey asked, looking at me when he said it. I guessed he wanted me to hang around with them aswell.
"Wanna watch a movie?" I asked.
"Sure." Mikey walked into the living room. I followed him and Hollie followed me. "What do you wanna watch?"
"Let's watch The Descent." I said, picking it up.
"Have you ever watched The Descent?" Mikey asked Hollie. She nodded.
"It's a cool movie." She said.
"Indeed it is." I put the DVD in the DVD player and pressed play.
We got about half-an-hour into the movie, we had been laughing and taking the mick out of all the girls when suddenly Hollie went suddenly quiet. We both ignored it for a few minutes until Mikey asked "Hollie, something wrong?"
"My head hurts." She muttered.
"Come here." I put my hand to her head. It was boiling "I think you've got a temperature. You should go home and get into bed."
"Alright." She said, standing up.
"Here, I'll show you the door." Mikey said quickly, standing up next to her.
'Ofcourse you would' I thought, smiling. He's a good boyfriend.
A few minutes later, he walked back in and sat on the sofa. After a second he said "I miss her."
I just laughed at him.
Sign up to rate and review this story