Categories > Celebrities > The Used > All That I've Got

Chapter 35

by yoshi 0 reviews

Category: The Used - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2010-08-18 - Updated: 2010-08-18 - 2845 words

0Unrated
Livvy’s POV

We pulled up to a church, and I thought for sure that Quinn was trying to make us go to church, which I was not having. I saw Lilly and Quinn get out of the van, so naturally, we followed. They seemed really suspicious, first a court house, and now a church. I couldn’t quite put my finger on what was going on, but I had a feeling what it was. The church was small and smelled funny.
‘Wonder why were here?’ Bert whispered to me.
‘I think I know.’ I whispered back. Why wouldn’t Lilly tell me?
‘I feel weird, like if I’m too loud I’ll get yelled at.’ Bert whispered a bit louder.
‘No, you won’t get in trouble if you talk.’ I heard someone say, I didn’t realize who it was until he was standing in front of us. ‘Now, how can I help you folks?’
‘Well, we would like to be married.’ Quinn said proudly putting his hand in his pocket and frowning.
‘Alright, who and when?’ The priest asked him.
‘Lilly,’ he pointed to her, ‘and me, and they are the witnesses.’
‘And when do you want to get married?’ The priest asked again.
‘Right now.’ Quinn replied. I looked around at the other guys, and they were more shocked than I was. Bert’s mouth was open, so was Branden’s. Jeph just looked a bit sad, but he seemed to be trying to be happy for them. I just hoped this didn’t turn bad.
‘Ok, I need a bit of time to prepare. Let’s set the time for the wedding to be at 5:30, would that work for you?’
‘Yeah, anything would.’ He told the priest. I looked at the time and saw it was only 3:30. What in the hell were we going to do for 2 hours? I was about to say that out loud when Lilly walked up to me.
‘Hey, you wanna go somewhere for a while.’ She wondered.
‘Sure, but where?’ I asked her.
‘Hmm, good question. Hold on.’ She turned around toward Quinn who was walking away, talking on his phone. Maybe that’s why he seemed to get angry earlier. I told Lilly to talk to Jeph, cause he seemed down, and that’s what she did. I went and eavesdropped on Quinn, which I know is wrong.
‘Alison, I told you never again.’ He whispered to her. I couldn’t believe he was still talking to her. ‘No, I’m getting married,’ ‘Alison, stop this, no.’ I wondered what they were talking about, so I jumped out at him.
‘Holy shit, you fucking scared me.’ Quinn said jumping back away from me. I couldn’t help but to start laughing. ‘What?’ Quinn looked shocked. It must have been something Alison said. ‘Yeah, whatever.’ He hung up the phone and started walking out of the church.
‘Quinn, where are you going?’ I called after him, but he never turned around to answer me. I went over to Bert then and sat beside him.
‘This is weird.’ He said as soon as I sat down.
‘Not that weird. I expected it, but not this soon. It was just a shocker.’ I told him.
‘I guess.’ He smiled looking down at little Max in his arms. I was just so happy at that moment, that I felt bad for everyone else who wasn’t feeling this happiness right now. I kissed Max’s forehead, then looked up to kiss Bert. Hayden interrupted us as she ran over saying “Livvy” over and over.
‘What is it Hayden?’ I asked her.
‘Can I hold Max?’ She asked.
‘Sure, but sit down right here.’ I told her helping her sit next to me. Bert placed Max in her arms after she was settled. ‘Keep an eye on her please.’ I told Bert before getting up and finding Lilly. She was at the very back of the church talking with Jeph. I went as close as I could to them without actually disturbing them. I wanted to tell Lilly that Quinn took off, but I think I should wait a bit.
‘I don’t want you to be sad Jeph.’ Lilly was telling him.
‘I can’t just not be sad, this does affect me, but don’t let it affect you Lilly. You and Quinn need to be together. You have a family, and I don’t want to break that apart.’ Jeph sighed.
‘Jeph, I just hate seeing you like this.’ She told him.
‘I don’t know what to tell you Lilly. Just, get on with your life, and don’t worry about me.’ He sighed, started to walk away but stopped. I watched him turn around toward her and start walking back to her. He put his hands against her cheeks. He made it seem like he was going to kiss her, but he shook his head and turned away. At that moment, I walked to Lilly and saw the confusion on her face.
‘I don’t understand.’ She kept on saying over.
‘It’s Jeph, he’ll get over it.’ I told her wanting to get onto what I had to tell her.
‘Yeah, but when. It’s taken him so long.’ She mumbled.
‘Lilly! Quinn disappeared.’ I blurted.
‘Huh? But he was right over th-’ She said pointing to where he was. I saw her face go from confused to wonder to anger all at once. ‘Where did he go?’
‘Um, I don’t want to say.’
‘Livvy, if you know something, be kind and share it.’ She said through her clenched teeth.
‘I overheard him talking on the phone with, um, with…’ I was getting really nervous for some reason.
‘With who?’ She pressed.
‘I don’t want to say.’ I said again.
‘Damn it, just tell me!’ She yelled.
‘Alison!’ I yelled back covering and uncovering my mouth. ‘Sorry.’
‘Not her again.’ She muttered. Lilly began walking toward the door mumbling something I couldn’t understand.
‘Lilly, wait a minute. Don’t you want to think things through first?’ I asked, but she kept on walking, ‘What about Hayden?’ I yelled at her when she walked out the door.
‘Watch her for me.’ Was the last thing she said to me. I seriously doubted that she would find Quinn, so I called him.
‘Hello?’ Quinn answered. I could hear Alison talking in the background.
‘Quinn, what the fuck are you doing, and where the hell are you?’ I half whispered to him.
‘I have a problem, and I need to sort it out.’
‘What kind of problem could involve Alison?’ I wondered, ‘Where are you?’
‘The house. I can’t tell you the problem right now.’
‘Quinn, you are ruining everything you’ve been trying to save by doing this right now.’ I told him the truth.
‘I know, I know. I can’t talk about it Livvy. I have to go.’
‘Your funeral.’ I said and hung up. After hanging up with him, I decided to do Lilly a favor by telling her where he was. As soon as I said he was at the house though, she hung up on me. I hoped that she didn’t do anything too rash. I didn’t want her to hurt herself or Hayden. I let Bert, Branden, and Jeph know what was going on, and they all insisted that we go to the house to make sure everything goes ok.

Lilly’s POV

After Livvy told me where he was, and that Alison was there, I felt like I was going to burst with anger. I didn’t want her to get in our way again. I didn’t want her to think she can take Quinn, take may family away from me. That wasn’t going to happen. I wouldn’t let her, even if I have to throw her out myself, I will. Just so she doesn’t do that. I walked up to the front door and opened it. I saw a baby, Alison, but no Quinn. Just seeing her made me want to kill her, but I wouldn’t do that. Shortly after I walked in the house and shut the door behind me, Quinn came into the living room from the kitchen.
‘Here’s the wat-t-er… you asked for.’ He stuttered when he saw me standing there.
‘Thanks love.’ Alison laughed grabbing onto Quinn’s hand and pulling him down to sit next to her. He didn’t take his eyes off me.
‘I’m trying really really hard not to freak out right now Quinn, but you know… some things I need to get off my chest or else I will seriously hurt someone.’ I tried to sum up how I was feeling at that moment.
‘Lilly, I was going to tell you when she called, but you were so happy, and I didn’t want to ruin everything. She called while we were talking to the priest. I was going to tell you, I swear.’ He said.
‘For some reason, I don’t believe that. What was so damn important that you had to leave me there, that you couldn’t just tell me? That we couldn’t deal with TOGETHER!’ I exclaimed.
‘I wanted him to meet his son.’ Alison said to me.
‘What? His son? I don’t believe that at all. That could be anyone’s kid.’ I said.
‘It’s QUINN’S.’ She made sure I knew who’s kid it was.
‘So, Quinn, tell me, what’s going to happen now?’ I asked him calmly.
‘Um, I really don’t know.’
‘Quinn you already told me you would be there for us, you said you’d even live with us. I need you Quinn.’ Alison protested.
‘Ha.’ I muttered to myself. I saw Alison glare at me. ‘What bitch?!’
‘Quinn is mine, he always comes back to me.’
‘Fuck it, Quinn if you really even want to marry me, then be at the church in a couple hours.’ I sighed. He looked at me like he wanted to say something but Alison interrupted.
‘He won’t be there.’ She emphasized the won’t. Right after she said that Bert, Jeph, Livvy, Branden, Hayden, and Max showed up.
‘What are you guys doing here?’ I asked them.
‘We came to be sure everything went okay.’ Jeph answered sympathetically.
‘Well you didn’t have to, cause I was just about to go back.’ I told everyone.
‘Back to the church!’ Branden yelled and turned towards the door.
‘Why does Daddy do this Mommy? Why can’t he just be happy with us?’ Hayden asked.
‘I have no idea honey. I’d like to know that too.’ I looked down at her and picked her up before looking at Quinn, ‘I guess I might see you soon..’
‘Umm, yeah.’ He mumbled, looking like he was at a loss for words, and then turned and walked away. With a final look after him, we all left the house to go back to the church. When we got there everything was set up and we had an hour and a half before it was show time.

Quinn’s POV

The baby was not mine, it didn’t look anything like me, for the record. I walked back into the living room and sat on the other end of the couch. Alison was perfectly content on the couch, acting as though she’d done nothing wrong.
‘Babe, lets go get something to eat.’ She said.
‘I have plans, Alison.’ I informed her.
‘You know you’re going to fuck things up with her, so be with someone who won’t treat you like shit.’ Alison suggested.
‘She treats me like shit because I deserve it. We’re through here, okay. I don’t want to see you or hear from you anymore. I know that baby isn’t mine, nice try.’ I tried ending the conversation and stood up. The house was unusually empty and I didn’t like it. It felt different being here with Alison.
‘So you caught me, this isn’t your kid. You need to stop bullshitting yourself and realize Jeph is going to win in the end, and you know you’ll just end up with me.’
‘STOP. You’re wrong. You need to leave. Why would you want to be with me if I’m telling you I don’t want to be with you anyways?’ I asked her, sitting down on the coffee table in front of the couch.
‘I don’t care if you want to be with me or not. Either way you always come running back to me whenever I call.’ She gave me a smug look before looking at the baby sitting in her arms.
‘Whatever, please leave before we get back.’ I said as I got up and walked towards the door. I heard her laugh as I walked out of the door. I shut it tightly behind me and let out a big sigh, I hadn’t realized I was holding my breath. I took a quick glance at the time on my phone before getting in my car. The wedding was set to start in 45 minutes. I put the keys in the ignition and turned it over but nothing happened. It wouldn’t start, no matter what I did. I played with my car for 20 minutes before I realized that I only had 25 minutes left, and still nothing had happened. So I decided to walk. I came up to the main street and held my thumb out, like the old days. I walked the way I needed to go, all the while holding my thumb out. Five minutes passed before someone slowed and pulled over. It was a guy about my age, he looked pretty cool.
‘Where are you headed?’ He asked me through his rolled down window.
‘I need to go to the church.’ I told him urgently.
‘Hop in.’ He gestured to the passenger’s seat. Thankfully, I got in the car and he proceeded to drive. He turned right at the next street and I assumed he was taking a different way. A couple minutes passed and just as I was about to ask where exactly he was going, he pulled into a church parking lot. The wrong one. ‘This right?’
‘No, I’m going to the one on the other side of town man.’ I said hopelessly.
‘Ohh, I’m sorry. I gotta be at an appointment in less than 10 minutes and that’s a bit too far out of my way.’ He apologized sincerely.
‘Oh no it’s okay.’ I lied and closed the door. He had dropped me off at the entrance to the church, so I started walking to the sidewalk. The wedding was supposed to start in 15 minutes, I was screwed. I began walking in the direction I needed to go before someone skidded to a halt on the side of the road behind me.
‘Come on asshole.’ Livvy smiled at me with her head out the driver’s side window. My fucking savior. I quick ran and got in the passenger’s side.
‘How did you know?’ I asked her as she took off down the road.
‘Quinn. How long have I known you? I knew you’d do something like this and get yourself into a situation like this.’ She laughed at me. ‘Now, you’re ready to get married? You’re not fucking things up after you tie the knot, right?’
‘Of course not. I love her.’ I reassured her. ‘Why would I be at this church if I didn’t?’
‘You’re across town my friend.’ She joked with me.
‘That’s what hitching a ride does.’ I informed her as we pulled into the right parking lot four minutes late. I expected Lilly to yell and hit me for being late, but she just came up to me and hugged me tightly.
‘Are you ready for this?’ She smiled up at me.
‘That’s why I’m here.’ I told her, thankful that I even made it here.
‘Then lets do this.’ She laughed as she grabbed my hand and walked with me toward the priest. Everyone went and sat down as we made our way to the front of the room. Lilly and I stood facing each other while the priest organized his things.
‘Now..’ He started and turned around. ‘Lets begin.’

40 minutes later.

‘You may kiss your bride.’ The priest pronounced. As he said that, I leaned in to kiss Lilly. After that, everyone, including Lilly and I, ran out of the church. We all ran to the van, except Livvy who was busy carrying Max carefully. By the time she got to the van we were all buckled and ready to go.
‘Here babe.’ Bert patted the spot next to him and she got in. After putting Max in his car seat we took off.
Sign up to rate and review this story