Categories > Original > Romance > From the Inside

From the Inside

by imarockstarbaby 0 reviews

"High School chews you up and spits you out baby." I told Chester as he slid down onto the concrete sidewalk. "Yeah, but who says they should be the ones to decide who gets chewed up?" He asked ret...

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] - Published: 2010-08-18 - Updated: 2010-08-18 - 1871 words

0Unrated
PROLOUGE

"How can you be around someone like me Astrid? I'm no good!" Chester sighed, tired from the argument. Anger arose inside of me from his self pity. "Someone like you? You are everything to me!" I shouted. I hadn't realized what I had said until I noticed his expression. "What?" He asked breathlessly. I sighed and sat down on my bed. "You...just...i love you." The moment he had walked into my life, there was this sudden spark inside of my being that triggered a small yet incredible fire. The more time I spent with him, the stronger the fire grew until it engulfed me completley. The first time I met him I somehow knew my life was going to change. What I didn't know, was how drastic that change would be...

CHAPTER ONE

I sighed heavily as the bell rang signaling the beginning of history class. Everyone sat around having conversations while our teacher Mrs. Costa was scribbling something down in her planner. I sat quietly twirling my long black hair mindlessly daydreaming waiting for class to begin. I was disrupted from my thoughts at the sound of the door opening, and a guy I recognized as Chester Russell trudged in. He's tall and skinny with black spikey hair and has a ring through is lip. He's really quiet but that's probably because he's bullied all the time. I couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for him as he recieved several dirty looks and paper wads thrown at him as he sat down in his seat. "Freak!" A jock known as Ashton Canton, the capitan of the football team, whispered loudly causing his friends and my best friend Megan who is Ashton's girlfriend to laugh loudly. Chester sighed and laid his head down on his desk and endured the snickering and continuous paper wads. I was so lost in my pitiness for him that I didn't realize Megan was talking to me. "Hellooo! Earth to Astrid...are you even paying attention to me?" She asked annoyed as she flipped her long blonde hair behind her shoulder. "Oh sorry, I was daydreaming I guess." I replied. "Well, anyway I was saying that we should go shopping after school to pick out something to wear to the party this weekend. Ashton said he wants me to look extra hot so...yeah we gotta go shopping!" She squealed excitedly. I laughed lightly in agreement as Mrs. Costa cleared her throat to get our attention. "Okay class, I am passing out packets about our new project that will be due at the end of the month. I am also assigning you each partners and at the top of your packets you will find you're partner's name and I expect you to move beside them and begin discussing this assignment." Mrs. Costa explained as she passed our packets to us individually. "Oh, but Mrs. Costa, couldn't we just pick our partners? It would be a shame to be paired with someone we might not like!" Megan whined. "No Megan, I think this is a good opportunity to have each of you socialize with different students in this class. I'm tired of seeing the same people in the same group all the time. A change will be nice for once and I'm interested in seeing how well different people work together." Mrs. Costa explained. She began explaining the rest of the assignment but I tuned her out when I took a look at my partner's name on my packet. Chester Russell? Panic rushed through me at the thought of the kind of unwanted attention that would be brought upon me when Megan and the rest of my friends find this out. It's not that I have a personal problem with him, it's just that everyone picks on him especially people in my circle of friends and I know that it's just not a good idea to associate with him. I slowly turned to look at him and was surprised to see a panicked look on his face as well as he stared at his packet. "Okay class, get with your partners." Mrs. Costa announced as she took a seat at her desk. I was immobilized however. I turned to Megan who was paired with Ashley Turner, a really smart nerdy girl who was always reading a book of some sort. Megan looked annoyed as Ashley was talking to her. I carefully got out of my seat and slowly made my way to the back of the room and took a seat beside Chester. I looked around to see if any of my friends had noticed who I was sitting by yet and luckily none of them had. There was an awkward silence between Chester and myself. I realized that then that this assignment may be harder than I realized because I didn't even know how to communicate with this guy. After a few moments of panic I decided to just get it over with and talk to him. "So um, the assignment says we are supposed to research the Cherokee tribe..." I trailed off quietly. Chester looked really nervous and kept his eyes down careful not to look at anyone. I noticed he seemed to be gripping his packet tightly, another uncomfortable factor in this awkward situation. Finally after a few seconds he spoke. "Um yeah...I guess." He replied quietly. We sat there under a thick silence, neither of us sure what to do. I looked up in time to see Megan staring at me mouthing the words "Oh my god" to me. I shrugged at her and turned my attention back to my desk that I was staring intently at. I grabbed my history book and flipped to the section about the Cherokee Indians. I scrambled in my brain to figure out what to say until he finally spoke. "Maybe we should just take notes from different parts of the unit and then combine them?" Chester asked quietly, his eyes still not looking up. "Yeah sure, that sounds great." I replied, relieved some of the tension has been cut. As we began quietly taking notes from the book I found myself strangley intrigued by him. I studied his appearance and noticed that it wasn't what I was used to seeing guys wear. His jeans were slightly baggy held up by a studded belt, and his shirt was white and had a big skull on the front of it. He wore a few wrist bands on his arms and his shoes were what I recongnized as chucks. He wore glasses that had small square shaped lenses with black frames. For the next half hour or so we quietly took our notes and every now and then I would glance at him out of curiosity. "Why do you keep looking at me?" He said suddenly making me nervous. "Umm,..." The bell rang before I could try to come up with a reason. He quickly gathered his things up and began to leave. "Hey wait." I said suddenly, surprising myself. He stopped and turned to face me. "Umm, I'll see ya later." I replied almost feeling kind of stupid for saying that. He nodded then quickly left the classroom, and left me with an unfamiliar feeling in the pit of my stomach.
"I can't believe you got paired with Chester Russell, oh my god." Megan stated, obviously annoyed with the situation. "Like, you should totally beg Mrs. Costa to switch partners." She said as she nibbled on her cerlery stick. "It's really not a big deal...I mean, it's just a project we have to do...it's not like we have to hang out." I said trying somehow to defend him and trying to understand at the same time why I felt the need to. Megan gawked at me like I was a crazy person. "Uh yes it is a big deal! Astrid, he is a total freak! I mean people like me, you and our friends don't associate with people like Chester Russell. C'mon you know that!" She shreiked. "Hey, what's going on?" Ashton chimed in suddenly as he took a seat beside Megan. "Nothing, I was just having to remind Astrid that Chester Russell is a total freak and that she shouldn't associate with him, even if it is just for a stupid project." Megan explained in an appauling tone. "Hell no, Russell is a total werido." Ashton added causing him and his football buddies to laugh loudly and continue to make fun of him. I groaned silently to myself, annoyed at the unwanted attention I knew I would get from my friends. I still don't understand why everyone dislikes Chester so much. I've never really paid much attention to him before, I just knew that he got bullied alot. I scanned the cafeteria and found him sitting in a booth by himself with a pair of headphones stuck in his ears. He looked so sad and unhappy. Just as I was staring at him, Ashton and his buddy Mark walked by him and dumped a bottle of water over his head causing him to jump up. Ashton and Mark laughed hysterically as they walked away from him. I watched as Chester gathered his things and hurried out of the cafeteria, and I was hit with a wave of pitiness for him. "Uh, hey I'm gonna run to the bathroom I'll be right back." I told Megan who was re-applying her lipgloss. "Mmmkay." She replied. I quickly got up and hurried in the direction that Chester had went in. As I approached the bathrooms, I saw Chester throwing his Ipod away in the trashcan outside the boys bathroom. "Hey, are you okay?" I blurted out. He looked at me for a second confused, then resumed his attempt at trying to dry his shirt off with a paper towel. "What's it to you?" He replied annoyance plaguing his voice. I just stood there like an idiot for a few seconds as I searched for the right words to say to him. "Well, I saw what they did to you and-" He cut me off. "And what? You just wanted to make sure that I was okay? Yeah whatever, look I don't need your pitiness." He spat angrily and began to walk off. "Hey wait!" I called as I caught up with him. "Did they ruin your Ipod?" I asked. "Yeah, just like they ruin everything else." He answered as he kept walking down the empty hallway. "I'm sorry, they can be real assholes sometimes." I said trying to somehow make up for Ashton and Mark's actions. He stopped walking all of a sudden and turned to face me. "You're sorry? Those assholes are your friends so you must not be too sorry. Why are you even talking to me anyway? Don't you know that one of your little buddies could see you at any moment? I don't know what you're up to or if this is some trick but I"ve been bullied enough for one day so you and your stupid friends need to just leave me the fuck alone!" He shouted angrily then stormed off leaving me once again in awe.
Sign up to rate and review this story