Categories > Celebrities > Linkin Park > Its Always Been You

Chapter 3

by imarockstarbaby 1 review

Please Rate and Review

Category: Linkin Park - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [R] - Published: 2010-08-18 - Updated: 2010-08-18 - 1078 words

1Moving
CHAPTER THREE

It had been a month since the argument with Megan. Since then, she hasn't really spoken to me as well as the rest of my friends. For some reason I wasn't really surprised by this, I figured that they would see me as someone 'different' since I seemed to care about Chester...and they don't like anyone who's 'different'. I've been spending lunch alone in the library usually catching up on homework or just trying to escape from the mean glares and snickers behind my back. I hadn't talked to Chester either since that night. He tends to keep his distance from everyone anyway but I had kind of hoped that he would make an effort to talk to me. It's funny how I've pretty much given up my old life over someone I don't even know that well, but I'm not bothered by it really. I do admit I'm a bit lonley. I don't really have any friends other than people I talk to in class, and as for my parents they work late hours and I don't see them often either. I wonder if this is what Chester's life is like? It's only been a month for me and I'm already having a hard time dealing with it I can't imagine what it would be like dealing with it for my whole highschool career.
As the day ended, I was walking down the hallway as usual when I suddenly heard a loud bang from behind me. When I turned I saw Ashton shoving Chester against the lockers while Mark and Megan laughed and Sarah stood just watching with an unsure look upon her face. Mark kicked Chester's belongings around on the floor and spat names at him as Chester coward on the floor under Ashton. Sudden anger boiled inside of me and I rushed over to the scene. "Leave him alone!" I exclaimed, forcing myself between Ashton and Chester who was now attempting to pick up his things but Mark kept kicking them all over the hallway." What are you, some kind of charity? Don't waste you time on him Astrid he's shit." Ashton mocked. "And what gives you the right to push him around all the time Ashton? Do you get off on this crap or something?" I asked seriously with my hands on my hips. "What are you gonna do about it huh?" Ashton teased. "Look just go away, what's he ever done to you?" I asked. Ashton laughed and gave me a smug look then pushed me hard against the lockers, pinning me. "You better stay out of my way too." He said then backed away and as he threw his arm around Megan's shoulder who was smiling devilishly at me. They walked away followed by Mark and Sarah, who looked back at me and gave me an apologetic look. I could tell that maybe she didn't approve of Ashton's actions either. "Here let me help you." I said to Chester as he shoved papers back into his messanger bag. I grabbed his books as well as his sketchbook that was laying face up and open. "Hey, this is really good." I said as I glanced at a page where a sketch of a landscape was drawn. He quickly took the book away from me. "Um thanks." He replied as he hid it away in his bag. He turned and began to leave but I ran to catch up to him. "Hey, wait up." I called. "You wanna walk home together?" I asked as we exited the school building. "Um...yeah sure." He replied nervously. We had walked about 3 blocks in silence and it was starting to unnerve me but I wasn't really sure what to say. "So uh...so why do you just let everyone push you around? I mean...u should stand up for yourself." I said suddenly. Chester swallowed hard and cleared his throat. "What's the point? They're all bigger than me, I'd rather endure it then take a serious beating." He admitted as we kept walking down the grey concrete sidewalk. "But maybe if you stood your ground, they'd back off." I suggested. He shook his head and began to chew on his lip ring. "Nah...I don't think it would work that way. It's okay though I guess...I mean I'm pretty used to it by now." He explained. A deep feeling of sorrow nagged at my insides as I realized how terrible it was for him to have such low self esteem. "You must have some friends though right?" I asked silently hoping he wouldn't confirm my sorrowful suspicions. His eyebrows pushed together showing a look of thoughtfullness. I mentally noted how adorable he looked when he made that face, and my heart jolted when I realized what I had just thought. I suddenly became very aware of him walking in stride beside me and my nerves began to slightly bug me. "No...I um don't...never really have." He answered quietly as if he was embarrassed by his words. "Well...consider me your first then." I smiled happily at him. He formed a small but very visible smile upon his lips. "Thanks." He replied. "Hey, you wanna go get coffee or something?" I asked hoping he would accept. He turned his head towards me and his chocolate brown eyes shone into mine and a cute smile tugged at the corner of his mouth. "Sure." He replied. I knew I was in trouble then. The way my stomach flipped and the way my heart skipped a few beats when he looked at me were definatley red flags signaling my feelings towards him may not be just friendly.
The coffee shop was quiet, and the sunsetting sky blanketed the atmosphere with warmth. Chester and I discussed music, school, and even tattoos. He showed me the one of a scorpion on his leg and one on his forearm of a black panther. "Oh, I also got this one." He said as he pushed up his shirt sleeve. The image on his upper arm really got to me. It looked like an angel. The hair was inked black and one wing was broken laying by it's side. Across the top of the tattoo the words "Never lose Hope" were tattooed in beautiful calligraphy. "Oh...Chester...that's beautiful." I said in awe. He smiled adorably releasing a light giggle. "Yeah, I think it suites me the most." He replied.

Sign up to rate and review this story