Categories > Movies > Labyrinth > Labyrinth, A New Chapter

Labyrinth, A New Chapter

by unlabeledpunk 0 reviews

Sarah Williams defeated the Goblin King and got her brother back. 23 years later, Kimber Muse, Sarah Williams daughter is forced to go visit her father, the one person she hates for the summer. As ...

Category: Labyrinth - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Sci-fi - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2010-08-22 - Updated: 2010-08-22 - 1293 words

0Unrated
Twenty Three Years ago
Her eyes opened wide and she sat up in her cot, clutching at both her head and her chest simultaneously. Something was wrong, she just didn’t know what. And that thought scared her more than the fact that something was wrong. The fact that she didn’t know what it was, that she didn’t know how to prepare for it frightened her more than anything. Her ears picked up the sounds of the night outside of her open bay window, and she could also hear the sounds of someone scuffling around on the ground below her, but she barely paid it any attention.
As she felt her body begin to relax slightly, she felt the rush of magic around her and watched as a figure appeared from the shadows in her room. She was about to get up and use her own energy against this intruder, but she stopped as she recognized the person. Her eyes became bored looking and she crossed her arms over her chest, staring up at the person who normally was smirking or smiling. Now he just looked sad as he stared down at the young-looking girl.
“Jareth, what the hell are you doing here? What about that damn Labyrinth of yours? And why do you look like someone just shot your favorite pet?”
He continued to stare at her before he crossed over to her bed and sat heavily on it. She sighed and followed him, sitting on the bed and waiting for him to talk, something she knew he wouldn’t do. He was just to damn stubborn for his own good. “If you’re not going to talk, then let me do a freaking reading or something Jareth. Holding whatever it is that’s eating at you inside isn’t going to help you in the long run. Especially when dealing with Goblins. You just might end up killing one of them.”
Jareth had placed a hand over his face at some point, but even through the waning moonlight, she could see the smile on his face before he removed his hand and suddenly grabbed her, pulling her into a hug. She fought against the hug, not liking it at all. She had never liked hugs. Not at all. In fact, her mother didn’t even hug her all that much because she hated the constricting feeling of being hugged. “Damn it! Jareth, get off of me you big idiot!”
“That’s not a really nice thing to say to your older brother Kiya. Especially when he’s this upset.” She heard the mock hurt in his voice and pushed at his shoulders, eyes glaring.
“Oi, don’t even start that stupidity on me! By the White Desert sands, let me go Jareth!” Jareth laughed and let Kiya go, her eyes going up to glare at him. “What happened? Did someone defeat your precious Labyrinth or something?” She was surprised that Jareth’s smile actually fell at that and she bit her bottom lip, looking like any other young child at this point. “Someone did defeat the Labyrinth then? Who was it?”
Jareth was silent for a few minutes before he looked up at the doorway to Kiya’s room and she turned too. She could hear footsteps outside of her room and she groaned. That usually signaled one thing, and she knew that they weren’t going to like this. The door slammed open, bouncing against the wall as it hit it and a bright light was suddenly placed in Kiya’s room, blinding both her and the Goblin King momentarily. “Kiya! Are you alri- Jareth? What are you doing here?”
Kiya opened her eyes and looked at the tall woman with slate colored eyes and bright orange hair and crossed her arms over her chest. “He’s here to talk to me mother. I can read fortunes after all, in case you have forgotten. Do you mind leaving?” Kiya looked up into the face that her face resembled, the only difference being Kiya’s darker skin tone and lilac colored eyes that she had inherited from her and Jareth’s father before he went away somewhere.
Kiya’s mother sighed and looked at her little girl before giving Jareth a pseudo-glare. No matter where she moved her and her daughter to, that man would find them. “Okay Kiya dear, but you need to go back to sleep soon. You are still growing sweetheart, remember that…” Shaking her head, she stepped out of the room, leaving the light and the door open.
“It seems Terai still doesn’t like me all that much…” Kiya snorted at Jareth and placed her hands together in a spherical shape.
“Let’s just get this over with Jareth. I was sleeping when you first came in…” She saw Jareth give a smirk and she resisted the very strong urge to slap the ever-living daylights out of the man. She may have been her brother, but that didn’t stop her from wanting to attack him when he smirked at her or smiled at her in that condescending way he sometimes did. Yeah, she knew her energy wasn’t as strong as his magic or energy, and definitely not combined, but he didn’t have to giver her that slightly patronizing look now, did her?
As she closed her eyes, a bluish light formed at the center of the sphere she created, growing slowly as she concentrated on that light. She slowly opened her eyes, her eyes glowing the same blue and Jareth watched, impressed at her amount of control. She had really gotten stronger in the past twenty years. Her eyes shot up to his and he was suddenly aware of an image taking place. He continued to look into that soft blue light and waited for the image to completely form.
The image formed and cleared and Jareth saw the back of a young woman with long, curly brown hair. He saw them dressed in clothes from the Aboveground, and he saw them at the entrance to his Labyrinth, his precious Labyrinth. Another runner he assumed, yet, if it was important enough for his fortune to see this one, than he realized that he would wait to see this one. The image suddenly faded, the light too, and he saw Kiya pant as she tried to remain standing. He reached out for his younger sister and pulled her onto his lap.
They were silent for a few minutes before Kiya started to move, annoyed at the feeling of him holding her. “Jareth…you know that my fortunes aren’t the greatest yet. I don’t really know who that Aboveground woman was, but something tells me that it’ll be a long time before you see her…and…I don’t know. There’s something about that woman…something good, and pure, and yet sad….” Jareth watched as she began to fade, her eyes closing before opening again. He placed her on her bed and kissed her forehead before he drifted away into the shadows, closing the door and turning the annoyingly bright light off.
The human girl Sarah was still on his mind, how lovely she had been and how sad he was too see her go back to her world with her younger brother, but he pushed it into the back of his mind. Something told him he’d be seeing her again. Sighing as he stepped into his chambers, he looked out at his wonderful kingdom and sighed again. Tomorrow would probably bring another Labyrinth runner, one who would more than likely fail, and he pushed aside all thoughts of Sarah, Toby, and everything else except for his duties.
Sign up to rate and review this story