Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Chemistry

by Sadie 0 reviews

Eeventual Lee/Gaara. Gaara had never thought much of his father, in all honesty. All he did know was that he had left rather a mess to clean up after: senseless, outdated laws, a council of warmong...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Erotica,Romance - Characters: Gaara,Rock Lee,Temari,Kankurou,Naruto - Warnings: [!!] [V] [X] - Published: 2010-08-29 - Updated: 2010-08-29 - 967 words

-1TrainWreck
Comment: Okay, so the summary doesn't explain a single thing about the yaoi element, but I promise, you will see. I'm also aware that I said the oneshot I wrote a while back would pose as a prologue for a multi-chapter fic, but I changed my mind after I wrote approximately half of the first chapter and then got this idea. I'm not sure entirely how well it's going to be written, but I'll try and make it as entertaining as possible. This takes place when Gaara is, as mentioned, twenty, and Naruto is the same age and Hokage. Lee is twenty-one. This will (unavoidably) have some original characters in it, but not the kind that puke rainbows, don't worry- they'll most likely just be plot devices, nothing more.


***

Prologue

The attack happened shortly before the sun began to rise over Sunagakure. Gaara was sat at his desk, Kazekage robe slung over the back of the chair, when his senses prickled. He didn't turn his head, already expecting the poison-laden kunai aimed through the open window and at his neck to hit a wall of sand that predictably lashed out to grab it. His ANBU were already on alert; dark flashes of shadow leapt from rooftop to rooftop, including one that leapt through the open window to check on his Kazekage.


"Kazekage-sama, are you harmed?" He asked strongly.


"No," Gaara replied, standing, "and I'm getting sick of this. Only kill the ones you have to - I want at least one interrogated this time. Go."


The guardian saluted and then leaped out of the circular window to follow his team mates in a dark flash. The redhead bent down to pick up the kunai that the sand had deflected with some care, holding it at the loop between a thumb and forefinger. Then his eyes narrowed into slits.


This kunai… it looked different to the ones issued in Suna and the ones he'd been attacked with before when on missions. Gaara blinked at it and shook his head, placing it on the table for inspection later. His people were in trouble.


He slowly began to disintegrate into sand and he flew out of the window in graceful waves, following the direction of the familiar chakra patterns, and the not-so-familiar ones. He found them some distance away from the wall; obviously his ANBU were doing the safe thing of getting the attackers away from the village. He stayed hidden for a while whilst Sand and foreign shinobi battled, until the redhead materialised some feet away behind a rocky formation, keeping his presence expertly masked. After a moment, he placed two fingers on his left eye and began the third eye jutsu.


With his eyes closed, he kept the eye positioned a few metres above the battling ninjas, and tried to decipher their origin from the symbol on their forehead protectors. The first thing that struck the redhead was not the symbols etched into their forehead protectors, but the fact that they were all wearing gas masks. Gaara took in this information with a slightly furrowed brow, stored it away in his brain and continued with his observation. The eyeball soon locked onto a thin strip of metal on one of the ninja's arms, from which Gaara was just able to decipher a strange mark.


It looked rather like a blunted shuriken, with a circle in the middle and three four-pointed, top heavy quadrilaterals spiralling from it. It was certainly not one Gaara had ever seen before, which only informed him that these nin were not exactly native to Wind's bordering countries- he had memorized every symbol known to Suna years ago.


The third eye disintegrated just in time as one of the enemy nin whipped through an elaborate sequence of hand seals, and suddenly a strange blast of an invisible but deadly gas left two of Gaara's ANBU screaming in agony. He didn't get a good enough chance to see what had happened to them, but he could only imagine that it wasn't pretty.


The battle continued for a while longer until the enemy began pulling them deeper into the desert. They were trying to make it harder for reinforcements to reach them- a smart move from their standpoint; Sand's ANBU had the home advantage, they knew the terrain better and they were not far from home. From where Gaara was watching, he could tell that their numbers were falling fast, but at this rate it would take the reinforcements too long to locate and catch up with them.


In a flurry of sand he appeared before the attackers, between them and his ANBU, with his arms folded and staring hard at them. Now that he had a closer view, he could see that Sand had lowered the enemy's numbers too, if not by the same amount, then probably more. The same nin who had released the devastating blow before ran at him, something that most shinobi, even those from countries quite far away, would've have second thoughts about doing; Gaara of the Desert's reputation preceded him. They must be very foreign.


Needless to say, the battle didn't last very long after Gaara stepped in. He got their numbers down, single-handedly, until two of the gas-masked shinobi grabbed one of their comrades, who was wounded in the chest, and disappeared in a puff of smoke.


The Kazekage looked around the battlefield at the wounded, dead and the surviving, and, after a quick visual sweep of the area, ordered the better-off soldiers to carry any wounded soldiers, enemy or allied, and to leave the dead for now.


***


So, just a short prologue. If people like this I'll carry it on (because I am quite enjoying it~) but if you think its craptacular I'll leave it.

C&C is appreciated~
Sign up to rate and review this story