Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Decisions

The Grangers

by BertaS 0 reviews

HG/SS Based on Marriage Law Challenge

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Hermione, Snape - Published: 2006-05-03 - Updated: 2006-05-03 - 570 words

-1TrainWreck
Chapter 6 - The Grangers

Friday Evening just before 9 pm

When they stepped out of the fire Hermione called for her mum and dad but there was no answer. Leaving the den heading for the kitchen she glanced at the clock stopped and looked again "they work late on Fridays. They should be here in a bit. Would you like some tea?"

A few minutes later with the water set to boil Hermione opened the cabinet for the tea to find the canister empty. Looking further she found the canister on the top shelf, thinking to herself 'why on earth does mum keep it there?' She asked, "Severus, would you reach the tea down for me? It's the blue canister on the top shelf."

Severus stepped over preventing her from moving with one hand on her hip his chest brushing lightly against her back he placed the canister in front of he his arms briefly trapping her between him and the counter.

She let out a small "oh" sound and he ask if something was wrong. Looking over her shoulder and up at him she smiled shyly "I think I may have just figured out why mum keeps this up there." Severus chuckled softly and moved away as the door rattled and Dr. and Dr. Granger entered.

"Hermione" he mother exclaimed.

"Hello Mum, Dad."

"We weren't expecting you till next week." Her father commented frowning.

Biting her lip Hermione said, "Well, something's come up."

"It must be something serious for you to be home early." Her mum said concerned.

Hermione looked at Severus and back at her parents "I'm getting married." Her mother gasped and covered her mouth with her hand.

"It's that law? But your home now, you don't have to do what those people say." He was giving Severus a look of hate. "I just will not allow you to go back." He practically yelled

"Dad, I belong in the magic world." Hermione stated calmly.

"You will do as I say, young lady!"

"I'm sorry, I can't stay." Hermione took Severus' hand and started for the door.

Hermione's father with a cry of "DISOBEDIENT BRAT" slapped her hard across the face knocking her to the floor. Instantly Dr. Granger was pinned against the wall by a hand that felt like a band if iron around his throat and the blackest eyes he had ever seen boring into his soul.

"Granger, do you realize that I could kill you with a word? And there are potions that require bits and pieces of human anatomy? Of course I could transfigure you into a fur bearing animal and give you to my bride to wear." At this point a small hand was placed on Severus' forearm. Severus inhaled sharply; she couldn't know that she had covered the Dark Mark that, though pale and faded, still marred the skin there. When she spoke the rage he was feeling abated. "Severus, can we go now?"

Severus nodded, but before he could release him, the Granger man spoke "You whore! If you leave this house with this man you will not be welcomed back, you will no longer be my daughter."

With a snarl Severus drew back and slammed his fist into the offensive mouth as hard as he could. Dr. Granger slid to the floor as Severus released him.

Hermione looked sadly at her father and said "Goodbye Dr. Granger." Turning she said "Bye Mum."
Sign up to rate and review this story