Categories > Original > Drama > Una Mexicana

Soccer Game

by sickly_ill 0 reviews

"Hey, do want to stay the night. Watch some peliculas. Eat popcorn y chocolate?" I asked.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2010-09-02 - Updated: 2010-09-03 - 1662 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Duermate. Tomorrow we'll go look for your brother and get you some clothes. Okay?" I let Valentine sleep in Armando's room, where I found him.
"Okay." I nodded and closed the door. Then, I went downstairs to get something to eat. That's when I heard someone knock on the door. "Who is it?" I asked as I walked to the door.
"Cesar! Open up!" He yelled. I let out a deep breath before I answered the door. And just when I opened the door Cesar just walked in. "Where the hell were you? I've been trying to call you!" He yelled.
"Shhh!" I shushed him.
"Why the hell are you shushing me for?!" He was pissed.
"Valentine is sleeping upstairs." I whispered.
"Who the fuck is Valentine?" He whispered back.
"A morro I found in my house. He broke in. He needed a place to stay, and some food, and some new clothes. We're gonna look for his little brother tomorrow." I walked to the kitchen to get some food.
"No tiene casa, oh que?"
"No. He doesn't have a house. He lived on the streets." I said.
"Oh. Well, don't I feel like an asshole?" He sat down.
"I'm pretty sure you do." I said.
"Look, I'm not here for him. I heard what went down at your dad's. Your dad called me. He just wanted me to make sure you were okay. Are you okay?" He said.
"What do you think?" I asked. "Armando will come back, you'll see. Vas a ver. He needs me." I said.
"Are you sure, Ada? He's a grown man. He's not some morro que ase de pendejitos." He explained.
"I know. But he knows he needs me. He knows I need him. He lets his anger get to him sometimes. He'll come back. You'll see."
"I just don't want you to get your hopes up and then it not happening." Cesar came and hugged me. "And now that I have your attention, I'm sorry. I just hate when you put yourself in harms way. It's not healthy. You make me worry. If anything happened to you..." He let out a big breath.
"I know. But it was necessary to pick out the worms." I said.
"Just whenever you do that again, tell me. Just so I know where you are and what you're doing, what to expect. I just need to know next time. It was for your familia." He understood now.
"I will. I'm sorry for not telling you and going behind your back." I half smiled.
"Ya estuvo." He hugged me.
"Hey, do want to stay the night. Watch some peliculas. Eat popcorn y chocolate?" I asked.
"Vamos." He smiled.

"Ay, chiquita! Voy a pintar paredes a tu cuerpo, guapa!" Eliseo shouted from his car while I was walking to Cesar's to help him get ready for his game.
"Idiota!" I laughed. He laughed and parked in his driveway across the street. I waited for him to come and say hi to me at the end of Cesar's driveway.
He got out of his car and then got his soccer bag out of his trunk. He walked over to me. "Que onda, guapita?" He lifted me up in his hug.
"Bueno. Y tu, guapito?" I pinched his stomach when he put me down.
"Bien, bien. Esta Cesar?"
"Yeah, he's getting ready for the game. He's stretching, getting for a run. You gonna go, Guero?" I asked.
"You know it. Five miles before a game. I'm in." He said.
"We'll see." I smiled and he followed me into Cesar's house. "Babe? Where are you? The mojado's here!" I yelled.
"Tu morra no sabe cerrar la boca, Elio! La gorda come mucho, no!?" He laughed.
"Cabron!" I hit him.
"No manches, guey!" Cesar came down from his room and hugged Eliseo. "Let's go now. We can't be late for the game." He turned to me. "Can you take our bags to the field?" I nodded. "Thanks. We'll meet you there. Take my car. Be careful. I don't want you scrtaching up my baby." He laughed and kissed my head and handed me Eliseo's bag, then left. I just sighed and went to go put the bags in the car and got me some McDonalds before the game. And I still neeeded to pick up Valentine and his little brother Gordo.
I got in the car and went to pick them up at my house. I've taken them in for a while. Cesar seems to like them, so I guess it's chill if they stay with me. I'm working on getting them into school so they grow and get good jobs, so they don't need to steal and beg on the streets no more. So they can get money and buy a house of their own.
I pulled up into my driveway and honked for them. They both ran out of the house and got in the car. "Hey, Ada." They both said.
"Hey, guys. We're gonna stop and get some McDonalds before the game, 'kay? I'm really hungry. Then, after we're gonna go out to eat with some friends if you guys want to come." I pulled out of the driveway and drove to the McDonalds.
"Hey, Ada?" I heard Gordo ask while he was stuffing his face with fries and a cheeseburger.
"Hmm?" I asked.
"Do you have any brothers or sisters?" He asked. It has been a little over two days since my brother chose Angelica over me. A pain in my chest ached for Armando's return to me.
"Not anymore." I said. I saw Valentine and Gordo look at each other in silence through the mirror. They didn't say anything else. They just finished their food and we got to the field just in time for warm-ups.

Cesar was looking good out on the field. Valentine and Gordo went to go get some popcorn and hot dogs and sodas from the food stand. Those morros could eat a lot. I heard the announcer call out the starting players and the game started. I watched Cesar score the first goal, Eliseo take a penalty shot and both score another goal. So far it was 5-2. It was half time. I got up to pee when I saw Limon standing at the bottom of the stands looking at me. He nodded to me. I just went down. "How did your brother take the news?" He asked.
"Not so well. He picked her over me. I ain't got much more to tell you. Armando has made up his mind about where he wants his life to go." I shrugged my shoulders.
"Chale." I took another puff from his joint. I just shrugged my shoulders again. "Y Angelica?"
"Told her to watch her back." I started walking to the bathroom.
"Your ene is looking good out there."
"A qual?" I asked looking over to Cesar and Eliseo.
"Your hyna." He took another puff and blew the smoke out.
"No soy jota, Limon."
"But your vato ain't got no canicas." He smiled.
"Just because he isn't playing your games doesn't mean he's...some...fucking...puto. Now, if you will excuse me, I gotta pee." And I went into the bathroom. But when I came out again, Limon was still there. "Ah, Dios. Why can't you just leave me alone?" I asked, walking back to my seat.
"Because it's fun to annoy you." He smiled.
"You gonna stay for the game?"
"Do you want me to stay?" He asked.
"I don't care." I went back up the stands and he followed me. "You hungry? We're heading out to eat after the game, if you want to come, you can." I offered.
"Y tu novio gue?" He took out another joint and lit it. "Won't he get mad if I go."
"Cesar won't do anything without my knowing. He'll get mad, but he won't do anything to cause a scene."
"Wiped!" Limon laughed. "What a pussy." He shook his head.
"Okay, now I'm uninviting you." I watched as Cesar and Eliseo led the team out onto the field.
"Why? You really just hurt my feelings." Limon began to tease me.
"Leave. Now."
"Why?"
"Because you're being rude." He made a confused face at me. "Don't talk shit about my boyfriend in front of me."
"You're defending him? That...that...bombon?" He pointed to Cesar who was warming up for the next half on the field. "He can't defend himself? You've gotta do all his fighting?"
"When he isn't around, yes I do defend him. He can fight himself. He's just not here right now to fight, so I am." I heard the game start for the second half.
"Okay, I'll play nice. I just want to spend time away from my homies and the vieja. Catch up with old friends." He said.
"Are you for real? Or are you just playing with me like old times?" I asked.
"Look, I...I'm out. For good. I'm cleanin' up. For my baby." He said. I looked at him, he was watching the game.
"How do you know it's your baby? How do you know she'll give the baby to you?"
"I just know, okay?" I just waited for him to say more. "Every month she makes me go get her tampons. Before she left, it was that time of the month again and she didn't say anything. So, I went into the bathroom and looked to see if she bought some herself. But, instead, I found a test. I saw...the two pink lines." He said.
"Shit, man. I didn't know that. If you would have told me..." I said.
"It's cool. I didn't really want to tell anyone yet. Tu eres la primera."
"Come with us. We're going to IHOP. It's on me." I smiled and bumped him. He laughed and nodded. The rest of the game we cheered and watched Cesar and Eliseo play the game they loved.
Sign up to rate and review this story