Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Alive

The Beginning

by YamiAlchemist 1 review

The world is split up between regular people and Hikari's. The Hikaris are controlled by the "Organization." Yugi is one such Hikari and what happens when he breaks every rule set? YYxY AU

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Yami Yugi,Yugi Mutou - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2010-09-03 - Updated: 2010-09-03 - 1134 words - Complete

-1OOC
Alive

Chapter 1

The beginning

Yugi Motou walked down the street thinking about his life. He lived in a strange society. He was what people called a "Hikari." A Hikari was a person who had another spirit residing in their body. These spirits were known as "Yami's." Hikari's were different from regular people. Their Yami was supposed to act like a guardian angel in a sense. They were to give their Hikari's advice throughout their life. They were not supposed to make decisions for them, nor were they supposed to live the Hikari's life either. They weren't supposed to, however, things did happen. Sometimes, Yami's did manage to get control of their Hikari's body, and do what they were not supposed to. It's not like it was a divine rule, or anything. Nothing bad would happen if a Yami took control. It was a law made by the "Organization" though. The "Organization" was much like a society. It had laws and people were expected to obey them. The Hikari's, no matter how old, were taken and moved into a place called "The Facility." The facility was often a huge building in each city or town that housed the Hikari's. They weren't allowed to live anywhere else, much to their dislike. They also were embedded with a microchip that was a small GPS tracking device. All Hikari's received one of these the moment they stepped foot into the facility.

Hikari's were like normal people, the only difference was the fact that they had another entity living inside of them. They often got along with regular humans, at least those who weren't afraid of them. Regular people could always tell who a Hikari was because the "Organization" forced them all to wear a piece of clothing that was blue with white flames on it. This design was the symbol for the "Organization." The "Organization" had many rules that they had to follow. They could not live outside of the facility, they always had to wear something that had the "Organization's" symbol on it, and they were not allowed to get regular jobs outside of the facility. These were little rules, some of which were broken, but they had harsh punishments attached for those who broke them. Most often though, these people were just confined to the facility until they agreed not to do it again. There were other rules, more important rules, that if broken could lead to death. Two of these rules were of the upmost importance. Rule # 1: A Hikari and Yami were not allowed to fall in love. If they were to fall in love, then when a Hikari was put in a dangerous situation, the Yami would be more likely to come out to and protect them. That leads to Rule # 2: A Yami is forbidden to ever take control from the Hikari. No one knew why the "Organization" made that a rule. The only thing that everyone knew was that if a Hikari lost control, they were quickly captured and never heard from again. Gossip said that these people were either killed or isolated for the rest of their lives, never to see the outside world again.

Yugi tried to not dwell on that thought. It was true that he was a Hikari, but he didn't mind. In fact, he got along real well with his Yami, Atem. He was a little different than other Hikari's, in that he could see Atem. Atem would often pop out of nowhere and hover next to Yugi. He was transparent, and was only visible to Yugi. Atem looked a lot like Yugi; he had the same gravity defying spikes that Yugi did. The only difference was that the tips of his were crimson instead of amethyst like Yugi's. Yugi's eyes were also the same beautiful amethyst color as his hair. Atem's eyes matched his own hair. They were a blood red crimson color.

Yugi was on his way home (or as homelike as the facility could get) from his grandfathers. Yugi's grandfather and mother were regular humans. He had lived with them up until his third birthday when he was taken to the facility. He was still allowed to see them; he just couldn't live with them. One could wonder how someone taken at the tender age of three could be as innocent and kind as Yugi was. No one really knew why he didn't turn out like others who were taken at the same age, but Yugi didn't care. He was just happy to be alive and to have a friend like Atem. Atem wasn't his only friend, he had three others. A girl named Serena, and two boys named Ryou and Malik. Each of them were Hikaris. Serena acted like a big older sister to the three and constantly spoiled them. Her Yami's name was Wynter. Ryou was shy and gentle as a doe. He often would refuse to talk to others because he didn't know them. His Yami's name was Bakura, who was the exact opposite of him. Malik was outgoing but nice. He could sometimes be kind of rude, but overall he was nice. His Yami's name was Marik. Yugi smiled as he thought about his friends. They were a strange group, but had fun together. He was almost to the facility when he was cornered by a group of teenagers.

"Look at this, it's one of those Hikari's," one of them sneered.

"Well, what should we do with it?" another asked.

"I think we should teach it a lesson," the first one replied.

One of the boys made a punching motion with his hands and Yugi's eyes widened. He whimpered and took a step back.

"Oh, no you don't. You're not getting away from us," one of them said as he started to go after Yugi.

"Yugi, run!" Atem's voice sounded in his head.

Yugi didn't need to be told twice. He turned and bolted down the street. He wasn't far from the facility, and if he reached it, he'd be okay. He ran as fast as he could, his heart pounding in his chest. Unfortunately, luck was not on his side. They caught up with him before he could make it to safety. One of them grabbed him and threw him into a wall. Said person proceeded to punch Yugi in every spot he could reach. Yugi slid down the wall, and tried to stop the punches from hitting anywhere vital. He curled up into a ball as the punches turned to kicks and he screamed in pain at every foot that connected with him. He felt a sharp tug in his mind and suddenly he didn't feel any pain. He heard a voice in his mind shortly before he fell unconscious.

"Don't worry, aibou, they won't hurt you any more."
Sign up to rate and review this story